Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

MickeyMouse10

I love the show, but it always bothered me how big Prince Eric always was. Because he has to do puppeteering for the puppets on top.

The guy always looks like one of those random white guys who blew out his knee playing basketball in college.

Brer Panther

I wonder what Disney has up their sleeves in the next 4 to 5 years.

I don't care for most of the attractions in the Animation Courtyard area. They can possibly demo Mermaid, Launch Bay and Disney Junior. Plus the section behind Sunset Ranch and have a big chunk of real estate.
Yeah, Animation Courtyard just hasn't been the same since The Magic of Disney Animation closed.

In fact, I'd argue that the whole park hasn't been the same since Bear and his pals in the Big Blue House got taken out of Playhouse Disney Live.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Of all projects Disney has that aren't already half completed, this is the one I see most likely to go through without too much delay.

It is relatively cheap to build and can be themed to whatever is new and trendy without too much delay or extra cost.

Easy to advertise and quick to build. Low cost with potentially high reward. A good way to draw people back a year or two from now

RSoxNo1

I love the show, but it always bothered me how big Prince Eric always was. Because he has to do puppeteering for the puppets on top.

The guy always looks like one of those random white guys who blew out his knee playing basketball in college.
Can you explain further? I wasn't aware that the actor that played Prince Eric was also one of the puppeteers. How/when was he used? I assume in the Under the Sea scene?

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Ugh. Any chance these plans could pop up in the next 2-3 years?

Not that I know of. It was pretty specific to the 50th. From what I have heard, the entire area was going to be turned into a kind of 50th museum. Launch Bay, One Man's Dream, Little Mermaid, even possibly Disney Junior. The big showpiece was going to be Walt's plane that is currently stored at WDW environmental services..

MickeyMouse10

Can you explain further? I wasn't aware that the actor that played Prince Eric was also one of the puppeteers. How/when was he used? I assume in the Under the Sea scene?

Oh wow this is super interesting, I had no idea. :eek:

Ohhh, I just figured (guessed) he must be. Because why else would he always be around 6 feet 2 or taller? Plus all he does is come out at the end for like 10 seconds. That would be a lot of sitting around for an actor, if that's all he did.

Haymarket2008

Not that I know of. It was pretty specific to the 50th. From what I have heard, the entire area was going to be turned into a kind of 50th museum. Launch Bay, One Man's Dream, Little Mermaid, even possibly Disney Junior. The big showpiece was going to be Walt's plane that is currently stored at WDW environmental services..

WOW. I hope plans change because that sounds terrific. Exactly what the resort deserves for this celebration.

MickeyMouse10

WOW. I hope plans change because that sounds terrific. Exactly what the resort deserves for this celebration.

Like Walt Disney said "This isn't a fricking museum, put some IP's in baby. Papa needs a brand new car."

I'd rather see a new land be put in that connects with Hollywood Boulevard. I don't like the extra walking... I'm lazy.

The Grand Inquisitor

I think Toy Story Land was a huge misfire -- Slinky Dog helps with capacity and is solid enough, but I don't think it's a major addition to the park. Rise and MMRR are both vastly superior rides and make it look much worse in comparison as the headline attraction for the land. It should have been the secondary ride in TSL with something more impressive getting the top billing. Alien Swirling Saucers is basically a non-entity; the lines it sometimes gets (it had little to no wait when I was there in January, but I know it's sometimes longer) is almost certainly due to the lack of attractions in the park overall.

Galaxy's Edge wasn't quite the home run it should have been IMO, but it's a good addition and certainly not a failure (contrary to what some people will tell you). And I know exactly what you mean and agree -- it's bringing more people to the park, so there needs to be more for them to do.
I agree 100%. Hollywood Studios needs a lot more additions. I'm still hoping we could see more Muppet stuff added to Grand Avenue and maybe a Indy land to replace Echo Lake.

The Grand Inquisitor

One Man’s Dream was already gone when I went in February.

They moved the exhibits to Walt Disney Presents in the corner building just before you leave Mickey Avenue/Pixar Place going to Toy Story Land.

It actually worked better, as there was a much larger space to view the exhibits, including the 1964 Abraham Lincoln.
View attachment 488507
They should turn the NBA experience at Disney Springs into a massive Walt Disney museum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom