Vow Renewal Ceremony

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
So..can you do something like this through the Walt Disney World Wedding people?

Like...do they have a certain package just for this or do you set it up like a regular wedding ceremony?

I am assuming you can..but was curious about whether you have to have a certain limit to the guests and whether you can do this anywhere on property or is it limited to certain places and all kinds of other fun and exciting little Disney details...:D..

I have ideas of where and how I want things to be but just needed some solid info.

I have sent away for all the information but until it arrives I was just curious..Thanks for any information..:kiss:

Yanks07

Wish I could help you Dana, Sounds like a great idea. I would think if you want to spend money, Disney will certainly accomadate you. You can even park at the Poly! :D :lol:

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Wish I could help you Dana, Sounds like a great idea. I would think if you want to spend money, Disney will certainly accomadate you. You can even park at the Poly! :D :lol:
Thanks Mike..:)

I am thinking no matter where or what we can do it will be fabulous...I am torn between 2 place right now....:shrug:

I plan on parking at the Poly regardless of where I go...;)

sbkline

We have 5 years yet, but we were also interested in renewing our vows...on our 10 year anniversary. So I'll be interested in seeing the answer to this question as well. My wife wants to stay at the GF for our 10 year anniversary, so I'd best be saving up now! :lol:

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Well...we have 3 years left till 10..but yeah...what the heck..:)

After some rough times we decided we want and need some wonderful experience like this and of course Disney is the place for us to be..:)

sbkline

I looked into this too, but it was just too expensive for us. If we do any type of vow renewal, it will be on our own. Their packages are pretty awesome....just really expensive. I know you mentioned you sent away for info, but have you looked at their website? Here is a link to the FAQ section about their vow renewals:

http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/vow/int/vow_guide/com_quest.jsp

From that site:

MINIMUM EXPENDITURE

Monday - Thursday Premium Season: $10,000
Regular Season: $10,000
Low Season: $10,000

Friday & Sunday Premium Season: $20,000
Regular Season: $15,000
Low Season: $15,000

Saturday Premium Season: $25,000
Regular Season: $20,000

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think that settles the issue for us! We may very well stay in the GF for our 10 year anniversary, but we'll be doing the vow renewal back home, thank you very much! :hammer:

Is that all they have? Don't they have something where you can just rent the wedding pavillion for a couple hours, renew your vows, then go on about your day without having to purchase some elaborate package?

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
I looked into this too, but it was just too expensive for us. If we do any type of vow renewal, it will be on our own. Their packages are pretty awesome....just really expensive. I know you mentioned you sent away for info, but have you looked at their website? Here is a link to the FAQ section about their vow renewals:

http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/vow/int/vow_guide/com_quest.jsp
Ummm Duh Dana :hammer:
I never even thought to look at that site...:lol:

Thnaks..I will check it in a bit..:)

CartersMom

Vow Renewal

Well, while I don't have any experience with the vow renewal end of things but I know they do them....hubby and I were married at the wedding pavillion in August and it was a truly wonderful experience!!! We actually did not begin planning for our wedding until the end of April and I was worried that this would not be enough time to plan.......but I will tell you this - everyone that we spoke to from the very first phone call that we made to any interactions we've had with wedding coordinators, photographers, etc. since then - has been so positive and so professional! Our wedding was small (18 guests) and yet we both felt like it was the most grand event and it was beautiful! Our pictures were out of this world!

Congratulations on your pending renewal!!! :sohappy: Enjoy every moment!

Symantha

Ilovewishes

We've been talking about a Disney vow renewal too as it was always a dream of mine to get married at Disney, but we only had 6weeks from the decision to do it to the day of the wedding so it kind of went out of the window!

I have been on the website though and I'm torn between the two extremes - the Wishes package where you can do it at MK in the morning or the package where you can only have 10 guests but can do it at WL.

DH favours WL as that is where we had our honeymoon but I can't shake the feeling that if you're gonna do it, you may as well do it all!!:D

DisneyPinDad

Another option

We did our vow renewel in 2002 through Gifts of a Lifetime. It was great and actually turned out to be a renewel for DW and I and a family renewel including DS.

The way it went was we were walking through Fantasyland and DS and I "disappeared" from DW in the crowd. A person approached her and gave her a card that told her to go to the Carrosel and ride. There, she got another card with a poem message and directions to Small World. DS met her there (with a caretaker) and gave her another poem after they rode. She then met me at Snow White for another ride.

We all ended up back at the Wishing Well beside the Castle where we had a small ceremony with "vows" that I wrote, bubbles, etc. It was very cool and DS had a nice part in all of it.

DW really liked the "mystery" aspects of it and the way we involved all of us and special spots for each.

The cost was around $150 I think, but that's only a shady-memory guess. The same concept could be done for less, especially if you are there with friends to help with the logistics.

ENJOY!!

DisneyPinDad :xmas:

D minus 30 days and counting!!!!

2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC!)
2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC!)
2005 - Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian
2004 - Carribean Beach in June (HOT!)
2002 - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - Off Property (never again)
2000 - Dixie Landings (gone but not forgotten)

wdwCC

From that site:

MINIMUM EXPENDITURE

Monday - Thursday Premium Season: $10,000
Regular Season: $10,000
Low Season: $10,000

Friday & Sunday Premium Season: $20,000
Regular Season: $15,000

Saturday Premium Season: $25,000
Regular Season: $20,000

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think that settles the issue for us! We may very well stay in the GF for our 10 year anniversary, but we'll be doing the vow renewal back home, thank you very much! :hammer:

Is that all they have? Don't they have something where you can just rent the wedding pavillion for a couple hours, renew your vows, then go on about your day without having to purchase some elaborate package?

I thought of renewing our vows there, until I saw those numbers. :eek:

Disneykidder

We also were torn between a home wedding with everyone or a Disney wedding with 15 people. We chose the home wedding but realllly wanted to renew for our 10th in Disney. (in 2011)

We don't think we will do that, given the high price just to renew. We thought a small cake, nice dinner with my family (DH, myself and 2 sons)and officient on the beach of the Poly wouldn't cost $10,000...but we were wrong. We will still go for our 10th and stay on site, as always, but maybe do something small at home. I like the cute poem idea from above. Maybe we can just involve a few cast members and do a little something in te storybook garden or somewhere else. We shall see.

sbkline

We did our vow renewel in 2002 through Gifts of a Lifetime. It was great and actually turned out to be a renewel for DW and I and a family renewel including DS.

The way it went was we were walking through Fantasyland and DS and I "disappeared" from DW in the crowd. A person approached her and gave her a card that told her to go to the Carrosel and ride. There, she got another card with a poem message and directions to Small World. DS met her there (with a caretaker) and gave her another poem after they rode. She then met me at Snow White for another ride.

We all ended up back at the Wishing Well beside the Castle where we had a small ceremony with "vows" that I wrote, bubbles, etc. It was very cool and DS had a nice part in all of it.

DW really liked the "mystery" aspects of it and the way we involved all of us and special spots for each.

The cost was around $150 I think, but that's only a shady-memory guess. The same concept could be done for less, especially if you are there with friends to help with the logistics.

ENJOY!!

DisneyPinDad :xmas:

D minus 30 days and counting!!!!

2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC!)
2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC!)
2005 - Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian
2004 - Carribean Beach in June (HOT!)
2002 - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - Off Property (never again)
2000 - Dixie Landings (gone but not forgotten)

150 Bucks sounds about more like the price range we would be willing to pay. We don't want nor need some extravaggent package with a big meal, a party, etc. All we want is some dude to read us our vows, then send us on our way. Maybe in front of the castle, or in the wedding pavillion, or whatever. Just a basic, short and sweet deal.

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
I talked to a lady today and she gave me some information ..
What I want is to have it done on the little cliff thing at the Polynesian at sunset and then have a small little party/reception at Magic Kingdom after it is closed..:)

Or...

at EPCOT somewhere in WS at sunset and then a little reception party also..:)

She said it could all be done that way and when I decide to call with what we want and then they will go over it all with me ..prices and extras and stuff...

So..this is exciting!

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
150 Bucks sounds about more like the price range we would be willing to pay. We don't want nor need some extravaggent package with a big meal, a party, etc. All we want is some dude to read us our vows, then send us on our way. Maybe in front of the castle, or in the wedding pavillion, or whatever. Just a basic, short and sweet deal.
Steve..she said you could do things like that also..not sure if it is just $150 but it is not as expensive as the other prices for the other things...:shrug:

Lets do ours together and split the cost and serve beer and pringles..:D:lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Steve..she said you could do things like that also..not sure if it is just $150 but it is not as expensive as the other prices for the other things...:shrug:

Lets do ours together and split the cost and serve beer and pringles..:D:lol:

I know who can serve the beer!

BeerBash.jpg

:lookaroun :p :wave:

tigsmom

I know a minister that is fairly local you could contact. I'm sure he would be happy to lend a hand. :lookaroun

happymom52003

Dana....so does that mean there are other things you can do for a vow renewal officially through Disney that are not listed on their website? Smaller, less expensive things....but that would still be done by Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom