Vote for Walt Disney!

djmatthews

Although I'm not American I still contributed. Whilst I voted for Walt, there are some excellent choices on there. I also voted for Bill Gates and the Wright Brothers... I could only vote 3 times. However, I think just about all have contributed something to the world/USA.

Tinkrbell

I voted 9 times(3x/method) for Walt last week & 6 times so far this week. I won't be able to vote next week though, so hopefully he makes the top 5.

FourFourSeven said:
Gosh - I love Walt Disney and Jim Henson as much as the next guy, but they're nowhere near the top. Off the top of my head, what about...

Ben Franklin
Thomas Jefferson
Abraham Lincoln
FDR
Martin Luther King Jr.
Susan B. Anthony
Albert Einstein

:)

OK, Einstein was german, FDR was a womenizer, TJ banged his slaves, and franklin was an anarcarkist, Lincon i can agree with, But walt has my vote

Wilt Dasney

Thebrerrabbit said:
OK, Einstein was german, FDR was a womenizer, TJ banged his slaves, and franklin was an anarcarkist, Lincon i can agree with, But walt has my vote

If every personal character decision is so important to you, then can a man who smoked like a chimney and cursed like a sailor (away from the kiddies) rank all that highly, either?

MickMan

Original Poster
MickMan said:
Walt made the Top 25 :sohappy:

Don't forget to vote.

3 ways to do so:

Call 1-866-669-3106 toll-free from a landline
Text message DISNEY to 66931
Online at http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

Here is something I saw written about Walt Disney that is one of many reasons I voted for him:

"Everyone's favorite storyteller, Walt Disney, gave us tales so memorable they've become part of our lives. Reminding us that laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."

The Discovery Channel will be revealing the Top 5 on Sunday, June 19th @ 9p e/p.

So don't forget to vote and watch the show.

daveemtdave

I voted one vote for Walt Disney; however, without a few others who are on that list - we would have no freedoms or places like WDW. My problem with that list is; historical - some on that list will actually never be remembered. They are only on the list because they are in the news today.

mickey04

Has anybody seen the commercial with the Mickey lamp that asks something like, "who is the greatest American- the man who lights up the faces of children everywhere, or the man who invented the lightbulb? From Walt Disney to Thomas Edison..."?

Anyway, it made me smile. (especially since I have that lamp :lol: )

Nope... top 5 are revealed tonight...and voting for number one begins at the end of tonight's show...voted 3 times also...and called in...and texted..my parents are going to kill me lol :lol:

mickey04

Sadly Walt didn't make it- #13. Not bad though. (although how was Elvis like #8? That's ridiculous)

I'm going for good old Abe (also Walt's hero)!!

P.S. You don't have to wait till the end of the show, you can vote right now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom