Voodoo Donut Coming to CityWalk Spring 2018

Weather_Lady

I see they're using names like "ODB" (I guess this allows the buyer to choose whether it's a reference to an "old dirty you-know-what" or the "Our Daily Bread" devotional series) and "Pride Bar". So we can say "pride," which is also a slang term for a phallus, but not "gay," which in addition to being a non-offensive way to describe same-sex preferences, is also a synonym for happy? Got it. ;)

All joshing aside, I hope they'll be open when we visit at the end of April. Even if the quality isn't overwhelming, it would be a fun place to stop and grab "breakfast" on the way to the parks with the kids. My son absolutely loves Captain Crunch cereal -- he'll go crazy for the "Oh Captain, My Captain" doughnut!

Last edited:

Otterhead

Is there an opening date yet?
When I recently flew back from WDW, there were several people on my flight carrying pink Voodoo Donut boxes, so they're getting them from somewhere.

We looked at the Gay Bar, the Old Dirty ******* and the blunt. But the **** and bull was a bit too visual for my 8 year old.
Those are the names they use in the original store, but when I went to the Voodoo Donut at Universal LA, they were called the ODB and Pride Bar. And no, "pride" has nothing to do with a 'phallus'. It has to do with being proud to be who you are and is just a filled donut with a line of rainbow fruit loops. Not offensive at all :) And they don't sell their more... er... explicit donuts at all. Go for the Memphis Mafia, Maple Bacon Bar, or the Mango Tango, they're all terrific.

Weather_Lady

And no, "pride" has nothing to do with a 'phallus'. It has to do with being proud to be who you are and is just a filled donut with a line of rainbow fruit loops. Not offensive at all :) And they don't sell their more... er... explicit donuts at all. Go for the Memphis Mafia, Maple Bacon Bar, or the Mango Tango, they're all terrific.

I do know what "pride" really refers to, LOL. My comment was an [apparently lame] attempt at a joke -- I was trying to point out that in attempting to unnecessarily sanitize an already-harmless clever name, somebody came up with an alternative that is arguably subject to a racy misinterpretation... I don't actually find either name offensive, and neither should anyone else. :)

Thanks for your recommendations. The Maple Bacon Bar and Mango Tango sounded really good to me -- I hope to try one of them!

Last edited:

lebeau

When I recently flew back from WDW, there were several people on my flight carrying pink Voodoo Donut boxes, so they're getting them from somewhere.

Those are the names they use in the original store, but when I went to the Voodoo Donut at Universal LA, they were called the ODB and Pride Bar. And no, "pride" has nothing to do with a 'phallus'. It has to do with being proud to be who you are and is just a filled donut with a line of rainbow fruit loops. Not offensive at all :) And they don't sell their more... er... explicit donuts at all. Go for the Memphis Mafia, Maple Bacon Bar, or the Mango Tango, they're all terrific.

My wife has already scoped out the Maple Bacon Bar. I kind of want them all but the Memphis Mafia ranks high on my list.

OG Runner

I actually saw a video of someone walking around the parks recently, on YouTube, (vague enough),
but it did show the building construction for Voodoo Doughnuts is actually coming along very well.
They already were working on the siding of the building.

Let me tell y'all, these doughnuts are 100% worth it. I first visited Voodoo in June 2013 on a trip to Oregon. I went 2 or 3 times to both Portland locations. I was in heaven. The doughnuts were delicious, moist (even a day later), fun, and quirky.
I salivated over the thought of these doughnuts until November 2017 when I was traveling to Colorado and knew I could go to the Denver location. When I took my first bite out of one after four and a half years, they were everything I could remember and more.
I'm super jazzed I can get them when I go to Orlando now. If only Universal would make way on this In-N-Out rumor, I would be set.

hopemax

Let me tell y'all, these doughnuts are 100% worth it. I first visited Voodoo in June 2013 on a trip to Oregon. I went 2 or 3 times to both Portland locations. I was in heaven. The doughnuts were delicious, moist (even a day later), fun, and quirky.
I salivated over the thought of these doughnuts until November 2017 when I was traveling to Colorado and knew I could go to the Denver location. When I took my first bite out of one after four and a half years, they were everything I could remember and more.
I'm super jazzed I can get them when I go to Orlando now. If only Universal would make way on this In-N-Out rumor, I would be set.

If you ever find yourself coming through Denver again, in about 2 years, we will have In-N-Out. They have confirmed the construction of a new distribution center in Colorado Springs, and once that is ready, it will be quick expansion along the Front Range.

And to make this post not completely "off-topic" my favorite Voodoo doughnut is the ODB. It's real name isn't used on the Universal Hollywood Menu, so I think it will be called ODB in Florida too. The buttermilk bars are also pretty tasty if you are looking for something a little simpler.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom