Voodoo Donut Coming to CityWalk Spring 2018

Figment82

Went over this past Sunday evening and they were estimating a 45 minute wait. That was a hard pass for us, lol! Will have to give it another try soon - maybe earlier in the day.

lebeau

Went over this past Sunday evening and they were estimating a 45 minute wait. That was a hard pass for us, lol! Will have to give it another try soon - maybe earlier in the day.

I want to check them out, but Lard Lad serves perfectly good donuts with little to no wait.

Figment82

I want to check them out, but Lard Lad serves perfectly good donuts with little to no wait.

We joked that we could drive over to Donut King (the supplier of the doughnuts for Simpsons Land) in 45 minutes! I agree - I’d love to try the Voodoo ones to see what all the fuss is about, but after the hype has subsided a bit. People were carrying the boxes around CW like they had won a trophy or something!

lebeau

We joked that we could drive over to Donut King (the supplier of the doughnuts for Simpsons Land) in 45 minutes! I agree - I’d love to try the Voodoo ones to see what all the fuss is about, but after the hype has subsided a bit. People were carrying the boxes around CW like they had won a trophy or something!

Man, I hate the theme park status symbol mentality.

Tom Morrow

Some of their donuts look really good, but I'm not waiting in a long line to get them. I wonder if the novelty will wear off or if it will always typically have a long line.

BlackCauldron

Some of their donuts look really good, but I'm not waiting in a long line to get them. I wonder if the novelty will wear off or if it will always typically have a long line.

We were there Sunday morning at the end of our trip. Waited in about a 20 minute line because we were told by numerous people that Voodoo was "amazing." Honestly, I wasn't impressed. We bought 6 different types of doughnuts and they were O.K. but certainly not worth the long wait for them, or the associated inflated price tag. I suppose if you are vegan, this is a really good option for you. But, for the rest of us, there are far better options out there, with much less of a wait.

I'm honestly more upset that I wasn't able to get a Lard Lad doughnut.

drp4video

I agree. We just got back. My daughter had tried them when she was in Portland and raved about them, so we waited in line at least 20 minutes, maybe more. We each got one.........and......eh, they were good but not any better than other's I have had, with no wait. (her co-worker said to get the Lard Lad Doughnut. Maybe we should have tried that one.

Tom Morrow

I'm pretty sure they're just, you know, holding the boxes and you guys are perceiving it that way...

I got a chance to try them and they weren't really anything special. Some unique flavors and designs but nothing amazing.

ChanceH

We ordered 5 of the doughnuts to try last week and didn’t have but about a 5 Min wait in line. I liked the unique flavors but probably wouldn’t do it again as I’m not big into doughnuts anyhow

mickeysaver

I was there last week. The donuts are good. I can't complain about the quality or variety of offerings. We just happened to hit the wait time at a low point, where the line was out the door, but we didn't wait more than 30 minutes. I highly suggest the Memphis Mafia. If it sounds good to you, trust me, the taste is out of this world.

Attachments

• 0522181705c.jpg
    0522181705c.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 0522181705.jpg
    0522181705.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 122

clemmo

Unpopular opinion probably but the chocolate tasted a lot like something i would get at dunkin. The more out there donuts with many toppings are more the calling card here, the plain donuts such as chocolate and cinnamon taste pretty average imo. I’d rather have a hot donut like fractured prune or duck donuts.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Unpopular opinion probably but the chocolate tasted a lot like something i would get at dunkin. The more out there donuts with many toppings are more the calling card here, the plain donuts such as chocolate and cinnamon taste pretty average imo. I’d rather have a hot donut like fractured prune or duck donuts.
The problem with Duck Donuts is they only have cake donuts. I prefer a hot yeast donut.

Also, with the volume of traffic Voodoo gets, made to order doughnuts aren't really an option. Voodoo's line is often 40 mins or longer. Particularly at park closing.

Voodoo aren't the best doughnut, but they are good and unique.l

lebeau

I was there last week. The donuts are good. I can't complain about the quality or variety of offerings. We just happened to hit the wait time at a low point, where the line was out the door, but we didn't wait more than 30 minutes. I highly suggest the Memphis Mafia. If it sounds good to you, trust me, the taste is out of this world.

Also just got back. The donuts are good. I waited about 10 minutes one morning and got a big ol' box sampling everything that appealed to us. The Memphis Mafia was transcendent. Everything was good. Well worth the 10 minute wait. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes though.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

My family must have gotten lucky! We visited a month ago -- around 7:30am on a Tuesday morning -- and didn't have to wait in line at all. We each had different doughnuts (a Memphis Mafia, Little Pink, Apple Fritter, and the one that looks like a voodoo doll) and they were all amazing. In hindsight, we could have split a Memphis Mafia between the four of us and left satisfied, as it was about the size of my head.

I imagine that one's overall satisfaction with the doughnut quality goes down, as the wait goes up. A doughnut that's "amazing" with no wait might taste just "meh" if I had to wait 20 minutes for it... ;)

OG Runner

My family must have gotten lucky! We visited a month ago -- around 7:30am on a Tuesday morning -- and didn't have to wait in line at all. We each had different doughnuts (a Memphis Mafia, Little Pink, Apple Fritter, and the one that looks like a voodoo doll) and they were all amazing. In hindsight, we could have split a Memphis Mafia between the four of us and left satisfied, as it was about the size of my head.

I imagine that one's overall satisfaction with the doughnut quality goes down, as the wait goes up. A doughnut that's "amazing" with no wait might taste just "meh" if I had to wait 20 minutes for it... ;)

That seems to be the case. Has anyone here done the long wait? I know the time I got mine, (A Portland Crème and an Apple Fritter,
they were cooking more Voodoo Doughnuts), I only waited about 10 minutes. I passed by the first two times as the line was outside
under umbrellas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom