Volcano Bay

Rider

Sounds like they will have the Universal version of Magic Bands.

TapuTapu, the wearable technology, would make the line for Krakatau virtually nonexistent. The wristbands will tell visitors when it’s time to walk to the experience. They will be issued to everyone as they arrive at the water park and included with regular admission, Mason says.

“You will basically tap into the attraction” for a reservation using TapuTapu, he says. “Then you can do whatever you want.

“You can decide you want to have lunch or you want to go play in the kids zone. You want to ride the action river or the lazy river, get in the wave poll. You get to do all of that without worrying about your place in line.”

The wristband will vibrate about 15 minutes before it’s time to board Krakatau Aqua Coaster. “Then you walk right onto the ride,” Mason says. Volcano Bay’s other major slides also will use TapuTapu, he says.

The band will activate special effects within the park, including the firing of water cannons at fellow guests on the Kopiko Wai Winding River, controlling water spurts in Tot Tiki Reef and lighting up images within the volcano.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-bay-ride-20161103-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

Bairstow

Not trying to be negative here, but if EVERYONE gets a TapuTapu, what's the point of trying the special effects activation to its RFID capabilities vs, say, a waterproof button or a motion detector? Are kids going to get a limited amount of "magic" they can do in a day?

abaker1975

Not trying to be negative here, but if EVERYONE gets a TapuTapu, what's the point of trying the special effects activation to its RFID capabilities vs, say, a waterproof button or a motion detector? Are kids going to get a limited amount of "magic" they can do in a day?
It will probably stop people hogging the effect stations. If it was a button you'll get some people having 20 goes and some people wouldn't get a chance. Perhaps the band will only let you activate it once and then will stop you doing it again for a while.

Quinnmac000

We don't know the number of effects in Volcano Bay. There could be so many things operated by the bands that it won't have the issues DA or Hogsmeade has with lines for the RFID enabled wands.

cheezbat

I think its too early to call this the best water park in Orlando, but it will be a very close call for sure.
Oh I think it's gonna be.

Already opening up with the best attraction lineup of any of the parks.
If they expand in the next few years, Disney will really have to step up their game to keep up.

BrerJon

A few years ago in Tokyo Disneyland they had installations where across the parks you could wave your park ticket card and 'magic' would happen, just like the wand effects in Diagon Alley. Everyone had a ticket, but it was still fun to do, kids loved it, and they tended to be in pathways and hidden trails, as opposed to being in a ride line that everyone walks past, like Mine Train or Haunted Mansion, so you have to seek them out a bit. I suspect the VB ones will be the same.

Sped2424

Will be there opening day.

And testing before hand.
Oh I am sure you'll "be there"
lucille-bluth-005.w529.h352.gif

*Q*

I would think so I'm being a bit sarcastic. I really don't like the Magic Band setup. They are are kind of useful as far as having your ticket, room key, charge card on all on your wrist but all the planning involve with the whole MGB program just ruined it.

This doesn't have the planning aspect, I think the focus of this is to make things as relaxing and streamlined as possible.

BrerJon

I would think so I'm being a bit sarcastic. I really don't like the Magic Band setup. They are are kind of useful as far as having your ticket, room key, charge card on all on your wrist but all the planning involve with the whole MGB program just ruined it.

While booking the rides on the day may be similar if they have kiosks to scan at, I don't think there's any advance booking aspect to this.

I suspect it's just like RIFD bands are used at festivals or other water parks, to save you carrying tickets and cash everywhere, but with the added feature that at VB you can go up to a ride (or ride booking kiosk) and put your name down for a slot, Fastpass style. But there won't be any faffing around with broken iPhone apps or trying to charge your phone when it has zero battery, as is beloved by MyMagic+, so the experience should be much more pleasant.

Mike S

While booking the rides on the day may be similar if they have kiosks to scan at, I don't think there's any advance booking aspect to this.

I suspect it's just like RIFD bands are used at festivals or other water parks, to save you carrying tickets and cash everywhere, but with the added feature that at VB you can go up to a ride (or ride booking kiosk) and put your name down for a slot, Fastpass style. But there won't be any faffing around with broken iPhone apps or trying to charge your phone when it has zero battery, as is beloved by MyMagic+, so the experience should be much more pleasant.
From what I've been reading it sounds like you go up to the rides not kiosks.

Ragerunner

From what I understand, you will walk up to the entrance of the ride and scan in and that will put you in a virtual queue. It will then let you know when its your time to return. Really no different than waiting in line, except you don't have to wait in the line. I think it sounds great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom