Volcano Bay

Rickster7

Although not the official opening date families planning vacations can expect it to be open by then. Wow, I wish Disney would say stuff like that.

hpyhnt 1000

Sounds like Krakatoa Aqua Coaster is more flume ride than it is water slide coaster, only instead of using conveyors and chains on lift hills, it uses LIMs, which should add an extra thrill for sure. Add in what is hopefully some dark ride-esque show scenes and other effects and Universal should have real a showstopper.

For me, TapuTapu is certainly the most interesting concept with this waterpark. It sounds like the convenience of a MagicBand with the simplicity of legacy FastPass (no advance scheduling - just come back at X time). Only thing that's a little unclear from all official info - will there will still be the option to wait in a stand-by line? I'm all for cutting down long lines, but I'm also perfectly happy to just wait 15-20 mins rather than having to go to tap TapuTapu (that's a fun phrase!) and get a return time.

Just trying to figure out if A) TapuTapu is available for all slides, and B) is it something that MUST be used or if it's there as a nice perk that you can choose whether or not to use.

Katie G

anyone notice how universal secretly increased multi-day ticket prices with the release of the new tickets with VB?

Last week park to park (IOA & UO) tickets looked like this:
2-day: 219.99
3-day: 229.99
4-day: 239.99

This week after "releasing" Volcano Bay prices they park to park (IOA & UO) tickets look like this:
2-day: 234.99 +$15
3-day: 254.99 +$25
4-day: 264.99 +$25

Katie G

Yes, I saw that reported so not so "secret". They also implemented full demand pricing on single day admission.

Can you post where you saw it reported? I have yet to see it anywhere and some friends who work BOH at Universal knew nothing about it.

Katie G

Just saw a post from someone who should know that ride capacity is north of 15K so put 20K in the park and it should be about full. That's a whole lot of people getting wet

Unlikely 20k. VB footprint is much smaller than the Disney water parks and I believe both of those are under 10k

JoeCamel

Park size (source: Orange County property appraiser website, linked in park name):

Typhoon Lagoon 55 Acres (20 of which is parking, and 1 a retention pond) so effectively 34 acres

Blizzard Beach 58 Acres (20 of which is parking and 2 retention pond) : effectively 36 acres

Aquatica 58 acres, 8 of which is a retention pond and 20 a parking lot, effectively 30 acres

Wet N Wild 24 Acres, parking is across the street. Effectively 24 acres

Volcano Bay 32 Acres, no parking, no ponds - Effectively 32 Acres

so roughly the same actual park size as Typhoon Lagoon

Although theming is probably going to be closer to Potter Level style (or dare a say Trader Sam's style)

The first 3-4 pages of this thread are people discussing exactly that.

Exactly my point. A parking lot has no capacity for people to get wet. I think they (UNI) has learned how to pack attractions into smaller spaces. 25 years of evolution of design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom