Volcano Bay

BubbaQuest

2 Minutes of a beautifully themed walk?!?! The Agony!

If only it was 2 minutes. This is on top of waiting to park, walking to the bus, waiting for the bus.....

I know this is the norm for Orlando (and now at DLR), but I'm not a fan of queuing to queue. It looks like it won't be so bad when the escalator is working, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that is a *very* narrow walkway to get to the park when busses and busses of people are going to be loading and unloading.

I'm not a fan of anything that adds more wait times *before* I even get into the park. Sorry, not sorry.

Cesar R M

seriously? how long does it take to get to the front of any other theme park in Orlando from the bus drop off? This is just nitpicking now.
I guess this guy has never been to AK or AKL.. where the bus stops are more than 5 minutes away from rooms and main areas of attractions.

EpcotEric01

If only it was 2 minutes. This is on top of waiting to park, walking to the bus, waiting for the bus.....

I know this is the norm for Orlando (and now at DLR), but I'm not a fan of queuing to queue. It looks like it won't be so bad when the escalator is working, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that is a *very* narrow walkway to get to the park when busses and busses of people are going to be loading and unloading.

I'm not a fan of anything that adds more wait times *before* I even get into the park. Sorry, not sorry.
So I guess you aren't a fan of the Magic Kingdom then?

Quinnmac000

Watercoaster is apparently longer than people think it would be and really awesome. As well as most of slides being way more intense than people originally assumed.

rob0519

2 Minutes of a beautifully themed walk?!?! The Agony! Thankfully Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom busses drop you right off at the gate and don't have a 2 minute walk directly in the sun, right? :p

Look at all those hidden faces/tikis in the volcano. Awesome.

Oh sure, you get dropped off at the Epcot gate, then you have a 10 minute walk or more to the World Showcase, normally directly in the sun.

Rob562

Kinda sucks there is a 2 minute walk from the bus drop-off point, although it does look nice.

Orlando Informer is live blogging: https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/universal-volcano-bay-live-blog

Yes, the video is over 2 minutes long, but the only required walk is through the tunnel, which in the video is about 40 seconds.

A lot of the video is them walking up the handicap ramp. You can see the blocked-off escalators on the left as you exit the tunnel that will presumably be up and running soon, as well as where those escalators come out on the left at the very end of the video. (I presume the side path halfway up the wheelchair ramp is where the pathway comes from Cabana Bay)

-Rob

Last edited:

EpcotEric01

Oh sure, you get dropped off at the Epcot gate, then you have a 10 minute walk or more to the World Showcase, normally directly in the sun.
epcot.JPG

djdan888

Now this just wows you. This is what I wanted to see when I walked into Pandora. I liked it but was not wow'd like I was watching these videos. This will be the premier water park at least in the state of Florida, perhaps the whole US. It looks awesome!

tribbleorlfl

They all were ridable during the day, a few opened an hour or so late.
Huh, as of about 2 Seth said the lazy river and "most of" the mountain slides weren't open, and earlier the kids area was closed.

Regardless, not having everything open and ready at the start of the media event is not a good look.

Ismael Flores

The water park looks great. Too bad they have many siteline issues and that the volcanoe looks terrible from the other side. To many exposed slides and staircases. I also don't care for the exposed clear tube in the front side

Ismael Flores

Your point? It's still another mile from the front gate to the World Showcase. For people with mobility disabilities that's an incredibly long and difficult walk.

View attachment 206775

I'm a person with mobility issues and i just don't see the problem. We can't expect for everything to be within a few steps that is just impossible. Its not like people are forced to walk for an hour to get somewhere i think most people expect that they will be doing plenty of walking if planning a trip to an amusement park

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom