Volcano Bay

RMichael21

Original concept art shows that portion of the slide to be under water

Thanks to Alicia Stella and Universal

FIRST-LOOK%D7%83-Universals-Volcano-Bay.mp4.Still002-1024x576.jpg
I dont know if it's just me, but to me it looks like the slide is actually built just above the water, especially wth the shadow. And then that way guests can swim underneath into that other section of pool.

Jon81uk

Much more impressive then I imagined. I figured you would have to use a kiosk to pick your rides, but it looks like you can do it all on the wristband.

Also looks expensive. Think you'l need to return it at the end of the day?

I would assume they do need to be returned and if they aren't returned a credit card may get charged (as the band allows payment you would need to give some authority at the front gate.

Volcano Bay is shaping up to be very Impressive though and I expect it will feel something like Discovery Cove once you are there.

trr1

I bought my length of stay tickets last august for both parks and wet and wild. My travel agent said that volcano bay take the place of W&W

21stamps

Original concept art shows that portion of the slide to be under water

Thanks to Alicia Stella and Universal

FIRST-LOOK%D7%83-Universals-Volcano-Bay.mp4.Still002-1024x576.jpg

I wonder why they are showing a video like that. It's setting up unrealistic expectations. Don't get me wrong, the slides look great even without being underwater...but would be even better if they were. That's my favorite part about Atlantis. Our local waterparks don't have anything similar.

BubbaQuest

All websites that are selling tickets say June 1st?

Ya, I can't find an official announcement other than media outlets that have received an invite for May 22rd-25th. Still not clear if the 25th is primarily going to be a media ceremony.

Has anybody heard an official opening date for the new Cabana Bay towers?

DDLand

Apologies if someone else already spotted this, but I think this system is the new virtual queue at Volcano Bay http://accesso.com/solutions/loqueue/prism
Thanks!
I'm going to go find out the details about those wrist bands. I doubt they can be done cheaply but I could be wrong. Time for some tech time. LOL.

For what it's worth, another park using the same system sells access to these bands for a base fee and an additional 20 dollar deposit. That probably gives us a decent ballpark estimate for Universal's system, the difference being there's no other base fee and everyone has them.

Make sure your kids give them back if you want to keep the $20! ;)

BubbaQuest

Have they announced one day pricing yet? Looks like it's a $40 charge to add it to a multi day pass, regardless of the number of days. That's not a bad deal since it looks like it's going to be open until 9 or 10pm every night. Wouldn't mind floating around the lazy river with a cocktail in the evening after walking around IoA all day!

JoeCamel

If you want a 3/3 hopper it is only $5 more to get a 4/3 hopper. They really want you to spend your vacation onsite. I would wager a lot of people take them up on their offer.

BubbaQuest

I was watching Midway Mayham's latest construction update and it mentioned something about a tram being built next to Adventura Hotel.

This was news to me: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/01/03/universal-orlando-begins-work-on-new-tram-to.html

I thought parking for Volcano Bay was going to be behind Sapphire Falls but it looks like they are going to have dedicated tram shuttles from the main Uni parking garage. I figured resort hotel guests would take a water taxi to Sapphire Falls and enter the park there, but now I'm wondering if hotel guests will take busses to the main parking garage and then a tram to the new park? Anyone have more details?

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

I was watching Midway Mania's latest construction update and it mentioned something about a tram being built next to Adventura Hotel.

This was news to me: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/01/03/universal-orlando-begins-work-on-new-tram-to.html

I thought parking for Volcano Bay was going to be behind Sapphire Falls but it looks like they are going to have dedicated tram shuttles from the main Uni parking garage. I figured resort hotel guests would take a water taxi to Sapphire Falls and enter the park there, but now I'm wondering if hotel guests will take busses to the main parking garage and then a tram to the new park? Anyone have more details?
The on site hotels will have a shuttle right to the gate. Day guests will park in the main garage and take a tram.

Sped2424

It is the water coaster you can see in action in the promo video 1:00

Ah lovely video but it doesn't show the part where there is a giant highway on the boarders of the park. Close enough in fact I can throw debris from my car window to one of the slides.

Quinnmac000

Ah lovely video but it doesn't show the part where there is a giant highway on the boarders of the park. Close enough in fact I can throw debris from my car window to one of the slides.

Yes then let me complain that I can see the parking lot from Tower of Terror, such horrible theming, Disney should tear it down as its really ruins the immersion aspect. Oh wait don't get me started on Expedition Everest, I'm suppose to be in the himalyas yet I can see Epcot and the Dolphin and Swan such bad theming. Disney can do so much better. So disappointed, never going to Disney again.

Its a theme park, if you want full theming go to Bali, Thailand, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom