Voices of Liberty to become latest cut?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Anyone know more about this?

Seems to be a very strong 'rumour' going off in the Twitverse that in the continuing paring down of EPCOT entertainment to save money (and make MM+ not appear to be the financial disaster it is) that they are off the schedule as of March 23rd, while in 'contract negotiations'.

If so, I can think of nothing more repugnant as an example of TDO's extreme mismangement, greed and ignorance.

Again, I want to make it clear that I am posting this as a RUMOUR until knowing more. But there are many out there with far closer ties to WDW entertainment than I that I'd love to chime in and either tell me I am wrong or that I, sadly, am right.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, and for all the folks who will truly be upset if this is indeed reality ... or even if Disney is just playing hardball with them (and, seriously, who can blame a billion dollar corp that announces record profits every quarter, right?), I have a very quick and easy way to get this reversed.

You call and bombard FOX News with tales of Disney's greed and how they are killing a beloved and patriotic act that has been at EPCOT for decades at the same time they are making billions on P&R and spending billions on theme park projects in evil, vile, Godless, Commie China.

I guarantee you that this will make national news and others, likely CNN, will pick it up and run with it.

Let's hope that truly isn't needed.

Last edited:

Captain Chaos

I missed them last year... Was expecting them to some out and entertain while waiting in the AA rotunda, but instead, a three man band came out (I think it there were three members) and performed... While they were good, these guys were not the Voices of Liberty... Yes, I was a tad disappointed... but not to the point my vacation was ruined... :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Anyone know more about this?

Seems to be a very strong 'rumour' going off in the Twitverse that in the continuing paring down of EPCOT entertainment to save money (and make MM+ not appear to be the financial disaster it is) that they are off the schedule as of March 23rd, while in 'contract negotiations'.

If so, I can think of nothing more repugnant as an example of TDO's extreme mismangement, greed and ignorance.

Again, I want to make it clear that I am posting this as a RUMOUR until knowing more. But there are many out there with far closer ties to WDW entertainment than I that I'd love to chime in and either tell me I am wrong or that I, sadly, am right.
It's like in the NBA, when a team knows it's not going to make the playoffs, they 'tank', try and lose, to try and secure a better draft position.
I swear, it's like they are "tanking" Epcot. Trying to make it a park that is unvisitable. Maybe if attendance drops 20-30%, someone will throw money at it.

rct247

Just because they spent their money poorly on MyMagic+, just because dance parties are cheaper entertainment, and just because we got a new parade at Magic Kingdom doesn't mean they should be able to cut some of the best of what we got. What's next the Citizens of Hollywood? Mulch, Sweat, & Sheers? Off Kilter?

I'm not one that is opposed to change. I'm not one to jump on the "declining by degrees"/"Rizzo effect"/"Year of a Million Cuts" bandwagon, but I've been pretty disappointed in the things I am seeing disappear or get budget cut this year.

fillerup

But TWDC is a business doncha know? They have a right to make a profit doncha know?

And A cappella patriotic songs are so yesterday doncha know?

Dear God, this better just be an off base rumor.

RSoxNo1

I'll admit, I didn't watch Voices of Liberty all that often. The loss wouldn't be that impactful to me, but this type of stuff in general is becoming laughable if true. What Disney has failed to realize is how important entertainment is when it comes to repeat business. The attractions get people in the door, but often times it's the special intimate moments that occur with entertainment that gets people to return.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I hear y'all. I am not looking to spread a rumour, though. Or even discuss how bad it would be, if true.
I'm trying to get someone who knows the story to share it here (because if they are thinking of doing this, again, they can easily be stopped here with some pointed bad PR) ... maybe one of you Tweeters can Tweet up Jason Garcia and get him to ask a Disney spokesman.

Yes, he isn't much of a reporter, but he also seemed genuinely ed that they used him and lied to him over the talking trashcan ... and I'll gladly argue the merits of the VoL over Push all night long (just not tonight!)

asianway

The rumor was the fife & drum corp would go to Liberty Square waaaaay back when those hideous modern day costumes came to be. And that the VoL would wear their special event blue/red costumes to modernize the pavilion. Maybe they just decided to cut bait

rodserling27

This would be yet another step in the wrong direction. The VoL are staple of nearly ever WDW visit to me. As a professional musician, I marvel at their talent and appreciate it. As an American, they make me proud of our nation and heritage. But most importantly, as a tourist spending money on a vacation, they entertain me and give me something to watch. Seems like WDW just wants to offer less and less....frustrating to say the least.

rct247

I'll admit, I didn't watch Voices of Liberty all that often. The loss wouldn't be that impactful to me, but this type of stuff in general is becoming laughable if true. What Disney has failed to realize is how important entertainment is when it comes to repeat business. The attractions get people in the door, but often times it's the special intimate moments that occur with entertainment that gets people to return.

Attractions? there hasn't really been loads of new attractions either... more meet & greets than attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom