VIP Tours to include RotR without a BG as of July 11th

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
As of Sunday (July 11th) it seems that the private VIP Tours will allow you to ride Rise of the Resistance without the need to book a BG first. You are still limited to one ride per day (so you can’t grab a BG to ride after your tour ends).

This is likely to swing people who were considering one of the tours to go ahead. Since they are usually booking out at the 60 day mark already, it may increase demand even more.

I’ve marked this as a rumour for now because I cannot find confirmation on the website yet. Reports are from another fan site forum.

edit: confirmed by email to a TA friend.

Last edited:

correcaminos

As of Sunday (July 11th) it seems that the private VIP Tours will allow you to ride Rise of the Resistance without the need to book a BG first. You are still limited to one ride per day (so you can’t grab a BG to ride after your tour ends).

This is likely to swing people who were considering one of the tours to go ahead. Since they are usually booking out at the 60 day mark already, it may increase demand even more.

I’ve marked this as a rumour for now because I cannot find confirmation on the website yet. Reports are from another fan site forum.

Hopefully they bring back full level of CMs. Having only 65 when 275 was the norm isn't helpful for booking. For June we would have had a few days beyond the 60 days but not a lot

Disney Analyst

Unsure if VIP tours differ for celebrity guests, but Paula Abdul was on a VIP tour with a local YouTuber and they were able to rise ROTR (I believe this was on July 3rd).

correcaminos

Unsure if VIP tours differ for celebrity guests, but Paula Abdul was on a VIP tour with a local YouTuber and they were able to rise ROTR (I believe this was on July 3rd).

They likely do. A month ago RotR was the only thing we could not do and was something they reminded us of quite a few times. About time they let us do it. We'd have paid extra if we could have just to save the stress.

Chomama

A propos of nothing… we were there that day and got to meet her and joe joe. She was extremely kind and gracious. Also they probably got to use vip to ride but also possible their guide got up that day and did the boarding group process at 7am for them. We have had a guide do this for us more than once. They log in to your account and try to score a group so you don’t have to wake up. Thankfully that is now in the past

DonaldDoleWhip

Very recently came across this YouTuber’s channel (and a friend he often collaborates with, Kyle Pallo) - great energy! Don’t follow many in-park YouTubers but these two won me over, and the Paula Abdul cameo was so unexpected yet cool.

Disney Analyst

A propos of nothing… we were there that day and got to meet her and joe joe. She was extremely kind and gracious. Also they probably got to use vip to ride but also possible their guide got up that day and did the boarding group process at 7am for them. We have had a guide do this for us more than once. They log in to your account and try to score a group so you don’t have to wake up. Thankfully that is now in the past

That is pretty incredible service. But also sad the VIP guides had to even do that in their own time…

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
It should have been included before now for the price you pay for a VIP tour.
Wait till the hotel opens. Already hard to get a bg now your chances will be even lower
The hotel won’t make that much difference, around 400 people probably spread over 2 days. Whilst the VIP tours can have up to 10 people and they are booked solid right now. I don’t know how many they are running each day though.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’d be ****ed if I dropped the money on a private tour and was told I couldn’t ride ROTR.
They did tell you in advance, it was on the website for a start. But you’re right and I agree it should have always been included.

KrzyKtty

This means that my family will most definitely be using a VIP tour next year when we go. Especially with the rumors of a possible paid fast pass system anyway. Better to just do a VIP tour and get most of the big rides out in one day anyway. I will just have to keep track of how far out we can book the tour so that I can make sure we get one. I am sure this will make them book quickly.

correcaminos

It should have been included before now for the price you pay for a VIP tour.

The hotel won’t make that much difference, around 400 people probably spread over 2 days. Whilst the VIP tours can have up to 10 people and they are booked solid right now. I don’t know how many they are running each day though.
Early June there were 65 guides working. Not sure how many days a week but that was the number when I asked about cut backs and the shut down. They were up to 275 including part time at one point. I assume each guide gets some days off a week as not to run ragged.

Even if we had started with DHS, which we didn't, I would definitely feel the need to tip a LOT if they had gotten us a BG. As it was we started with AK and moved on. No preferential treatment for getting BGs even if you hop before 1pm.

I’d be ****ed if I dropped the money on a private tour and was told I couldn’t ride ROTR.
We were told at the time of booking too so it wasn't new. Granted I already knew this from 2019 so it wasn't a surprise. We do things like this for other reasons and not just one ride. To be honest RotR is not my favorite ride either.
This means that my family will most definitely be using a VIP tour next year when we go. Especially with the rumors of a possible paid fast pass system anyway. Better to just do a VIP tour and get most of the big rides out in one day anyway. I will just have to keep track of how far out we can book the tour so that I can make sure we get one. I am sure this will make them book quickly.
It's been 60 days for a while now. When they were running full time, often you could get one a day or so in advance. Until they bring back more, I'd be ready to go right on the mark. Also book more than one if you are unsure of which days you want and cancel later.

Chomama

Early June there were 65 guides working. Not sure how many days a week but that was the number when I asked about cut backs and the shut down. They were up to 275 including part time at one point. I assume each guide gets some days off a week as not to run ragged.

Even if we had started with DHS, which we didn't, I would definitely feel the need to tip a LOT if they had gotten us a BG. As it was we started with AK and moved on. No preferential treatment for getting BGs even if you hop before 1pm.

We were told at the time of booking too so it wasn't new. Granted I already knew this from 2019 so it wasn't a surprise. We do things like this for other reasons and not just one ride. To be honest RotR is not my favorite ride either.

It's been 60 days for a while now. When they were running full time, often you could get one a day or so in advance. Until they bring back more, I'd be ready to go right on the mark. Also book more than one if you are unsure of which days you want and cancel later.
They are working 6 day week 12 hour days often with 8 hours off between shifts. It honestly sucks

correcaminos

They are working 6 day week 12 hour days often with 8 hours off between shifts. It honestly sucks
I figured they worked hard, though I thought my guide mentioned days off each week. I did ask a lot because I was curious about covid changes. Maybe I misunderstood. But all the more reason to tip well. We did at least end a hint earlier than scheduled and didn't make them drive us back. It was hot and all were tired. We at lest could be mask off outside but not the guides. Also they were not able to ride with us which our guide said they missed. Harder to get to know the families.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the numbers.

I imagine though many of the 275 did the other tours, like Keys to the Kingdom, the Epcot and AK tours plus the multi-park tours. Some of those run multiple times a day - MK and AK certainly, the others are just once a day or even a few times a week.

It would be interesting to know the breakdown. As in whether the 65 who are back are the full number of plaid guides.

correcaminos

Thanks for the numbers.

I imagine though many of the 275 did the other tours, like Keys to the Kingdom, the Epcot and AK tours plus the multi-park tours. Some of those run multiple times a day - MK and AK certainly, the others are just once a day or even a few times a week.

It would be interesting to know the breakdown. As in whether the 65 who are back are the full number of plaid guides.
I did not ask about all tours, but VIP specifically (edit: the guide could have thought I meant all types for all I know, though a person who does them regularly didn't think numbers I gave were wrong). I know all tours are still suspended outside of VIP right now. I spent time last month talking with CMs about their experiences during shut down and then reopening. So the numbers I gave are during that conversation. There are a number of part time guides in that group. Since tours are 7 hrs minimum and 10 hours max it wouldn't be shocking to hear that some only do a few days a week. You need time off as well (as I said my guide mentioned days off, but cannot guarantee) so not all are working every day too. If you have a large enough group, you need multiple guides as well.

I do plan to do maybe 2 next year to see what has changed. Ours was a slightly diminished experience but still wonderful. I learned a lot about CMs and how they pandemic hit each personally. Some were luckier than others. My guide said a 2 month shut down for their job. A chef who spoke to me about my weirdo allergy said they worked the whole time making sure systems were up and running throughout the entire park. Might be seen as nosy to ask, but I genuinely care how people were affected. Many were happy to share experiences. Some have had to move roles around a lot to remain employed too, even if they weren't laid off by the mouse.

Last edited:

pixarprincess

I’ve heard people talk about coordinating VIP tours with others. We’re only 2 people and that’s far too high a price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom