Villains Village by Wow Factor - Blue Sky Project

Ghost93

Well, hereā€™s the thing...

A friend of mine, Hilma, ā€œborrowedā€ this stack of classified files from the WD IMAGINEERING GENERAL QUARTERS.
She knows Iā€™m a fan of theme parks, so she let me have a look on it. What she doesnā€™t know is that I took some pictures to share with you, my friends :p

It looks like itā€™s an pretty old proposal for an addition to the Magic Kingdom that has long been demanded by fans. It has a ton of information and some sealed red envelopes (which Iā€™ll show you as soon as I figure out how to open it without a trace).

I hope you like what youā€™re going to see and I ask you to, please, keep this info to yourself, we do not want Hilma to lose her job at WDC, right? ;)

Sincerelly, Wow

>> HERE'S THE IMAGES <<
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!! IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!! The Villains definitely need more representation in the parks. While I know there have been hopes for a Dark Kingdom 5th gate for the parks, I think the possibility of a villain-themed land is much more realistic. It would be a great way to bring some thrills to the magic kingdom ( which is a good park, but more geared towards younger guests than the other three parks). I think the Mickey's Water Color adventure sounds a lot like Fantasmic: The Ride....which could be very cool! I would love to be able to walk through Maleficent's Castle in the queue for that ride. And a wild maus ride to escape from Cruella De'Vil is inspired. I know many want a Yzma coaster, but I think Cruella DeVil is a far more iconic villain to get such an attraction. (I also think an Emperor's New Groove coaster would better fit Adventureland or a South American expansion of Animal Kingdom).

I think the Dr. Facillier Voodoo Lounge sounds like the most interesting attraction, though with him likely playing a big role in the Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash Mountain, I feel that Disney would want to give a different magic-driven villain the spotlight for such a show. I would move the Snuggly Duckling to a Tangled/Corona land, but keep all of the other proposed restaurants in Villains Village. Maybe the Snuggly Duckling could be a transition between Villains village and a potential Fantasy Springs-like land on the northwestern side of the Magic Kingdom (north of Tom Sawyer's Island).

Is Barnaby a reference to the villain from Babes and Toyland? That would be a fun little Easter Egg for older Disney fans. Knowing the Disney company of today, they would probably demand the tea-shop be named after a more modern or famous villain, even if it doesn't thematically make sense.

WowFactor

Original Poster
Glad that you like the idea, @Ghost93 , thank you for your thoughts!
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!! IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!! The Villains definitely need more representation in the parks. While I know there have been hopes for a Dark Kingdom 5th gate for the parks, I think the possibility of a villain-themed land is much more realistic.
Yes, I think the same way, I believe that a Land of Villains is much more feasible and guarantees the possibility of duplicating to other parks...

It would be a great way to bring some thrills to the magic kingdom ( which is a good park, but more geared towards younger guests than the other three parks)
Despite the villain theme, Villains Village was designed for the family, there are no strong emotions (maximum BTMRR trill level).

I think the Mickey's Water Color adventure sounds a lot like Fantasmic: The Ride....which could be very cool!
I never thought that way, but I believe "Fantasmic:The Ride" fits like a glove my idea.

a wild maus ride to escape from Cruella De'Vil is inspired.
Cruella is quite a character, her ride itā€™s like Mr Toadā€™s Wild Ride on steroidsšŸ’Ŗ

I think the Dr. Facillier Voodoo Lounge sounds like the most interesting attraction, though with him likely playing a big role in the Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash Mountain
It's the idea I like most (ops, can a father have a favorite child?), but Splash Mountain's overlay will really mess it up - despite the crowd asking for it not to happen in OR I believe it's inevitable.

Maybe the Snuggly Duckling could be a transition between Villains village and a potential Fantasy Springs-like land on the northwestern side of the Magic Kingdom (north of Tom Sawyer's Island).
In fact the restaurant and the dam tunnel was thought of in this area mainly because we already have the Rapunzel tower there and because of the rumors of turning It's A Small World into a Rapunzel ride.

Is Barnaby a reference to the villain from Babes and Toyland? That would be a fun little Easter Egg for older Disney fans. Knowing the Disney company of today, they would probably demand the tea-shop be named after a more modern or famous villain
Yes it is! And yes it was thought of as an Easter egg for the elders šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ . As it's not an attraction and is in the transition from a fairy tale area (Fall Garden) to the cosmopolitan part (Winter Polis) I believe the IP involved won't make that much differenceā€¦ The Queen of Hearts could also serve tea, right? She just needs to enslave the Mad Hatter šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

WowFactor

Original Poster
ā¬‡ļø DR FACILIER'S VOODOO LOUNGE - Entrance + Show building's side

VV_Takes_11_NewOr_Building.jpg

Skipper2

Hi Wow, Sorry it took me so long to get back and respond to the invitation to review your work. All in all I find it exceptional. From presentation to artwork and storyboards all of it was cohesive. I love the idea in general as well. Wether it is for one of our contests or for our own imaginative relief projects like this are awesome to see. I love seeing new ideas. Canā€™t wait for the next one.

Skipper2

Iā€™m a WDW RR fan so I would love to add a another train stop to visit VV. One other note labeling anything with ā€œHellā€ probably wouldnā€™t pass Disney review but naming it ā€œHadesā€ wouldnā€™t even cause a blink. They would be funny like that. I do really love the two tunnels.

WowFactor

Original Poster
Hi @Skipper2 ! It doesnā€™t matter the time, Iā€™m glad you stopped by! I love the WDW RR too but I think a little challenging finding a room to add a stop in Villains Village (itā€™s a neat idea though). Maybe behind SPRING DUST with a fancy bridge supporting the transition between the Fantasy and Villainy (pretty much like the ā€œtunnelsā€ you liked).

Dang! Youā€™re right about the ā€œHellā€ wordā€¦ The correct was De Vil Manor, I just thought itā€™d be a more dramatic namešŸ˜‰

Iā€™m managing to ā€œopen the red envelopesā€ to detail the rides. Hope get this done this year but itā€™s hard finding time to play with this project.

Thank you for your time and thoughts!

spacemt354

Chili's
Went back and read all the notes, then went into the game workshop (community storage server) and found a copy of the Popeye ride system to use as a starting point. So that is going to save time. One problem is in our game we can't make water rides use elevators. So I can use another lift hill and replace the elevators cool factor with a very tight high speed corkscrew spin drop, really only about 20mph for the raft but add 3mph centrifugal spin due to jets rotating it around a corner for 3 seconds and it should feel really cool. This can be done fully dark or with any type of effects you desire. I can use projections screens and insert cut scenes from the the game Epic Mickey since he uses the paint brush all the way through the game, I even have a animatronic Maleficent Dragon that could be inserted in this area. The rest of the rest should be no problem. I can make what looks like a round house load station without much problem. View attachment 629984
Welcome glad to see you back!

MickeyMouse10

Your concept art is on point man! I love the drawings and photoshop jobs. I donā€™t know how you do it, I canā€™t even photoshop a mustache onto my sisterā€™s cat.

WowFactor

Original Poster
Your concept art is on point man! I love the drawings and photoshop jobs. I donā€™t know how you do it, I canā€™t even photoshop a mustache onto my sisterā€™s cat.
Thanks, buddy. I work in the Creative field so design tools are not big deal. In fact I wanted to make the presentation slides with real folders and props but I got lazy hahaha.

WowFactor

Original Poster
Although it could be cool, Iā€™m surprised you went with Dukeā€™s restaurant. Because heā€™s not really a villain or even a main character in a film.

Hey @itsy bitsy spider , thanks for stopping by! Iā€™m glad you shared your point of view.

Well, we actually have Dukeā€™s Cafe and Calā€™s Restaurant. Both are there to harmonize with the ā€œNew Orleans styleā€ ambiance and Dr. Facilierā€™s Voodoo Lounge. It is important to remember that these are the two places that Tiana works doubling the shift. While the places aren't villains per se, I think those places drain all of her energyā€¦ Sometimes a workplace that doesn't value you can hurt you as bad as a powerful villain šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom