Villains Village by Wow Factor - Blue Sky Project

WowFactor

Original Poster
By the way, here's the first draft...
VV_Project_by_WowFactor_FirstDraft.jpg

WowFactor

Original Poster
AMBIANCE (Neighbourhoods):

First of all we have to keep in mind that Villains Village IS NOT a scary, ugly or abandoned place, it is just the home of the villains, full of joy, music, energy and fun (in their way, of course). In this place they're not evil, they're often seen as the true protagonists of the stories and, for having made a bad choice or taken a wrong attitude, ended up giving a bad impression and being misjudged.

We see that the pallet used in the facades are less saturated providing a cooler climate in opposition to other locations in the MK. Here, the more sober tones (gray, purple, blue and green) take over the decoration. The green of the cat's claws that surround part of the buildings is also noticed, especially in the part where we have the transition of the districts of Fall Garden and Winter Polis located after Barnaby's Tea Shop and House Sparkles.

Despite following a very cohesive visual pattern and a sober color palette, The Villains Village has four well-defined areas:
Fall Garden / Winter Polis / Spring Dust / Summer Island

WowFactor

Original Poster
⬇️ FALL GARDEN

VV_Takes_05_Fall.jpg

is the largest area of the Villains Village and has a strong influence of traditional fairy tales, comprises the two entrances (tunnels), the Mirror Mirror Maze (which is immersed in the Forest of No Return), the main restaurant (Snuggly Duckling), a place of ice cream / hot chocolate (Underworld Delights), an open-air amphitheater (Stromboli's) and Barnaby's crooked home (Tea Shop and House Sparkles). There is a lot to do around here!

Last edited:

WowFactor

Original Poster
⬇️ WINTER POLIS

VV_Takes_05_Winter.jpg

Just pass the Forest of No Return and at this point you’ll notice that Villains Village is beginning to breathe more cosmopolitan air, particularly Londoners. In this part of the village we realize that it is always winter, full of beautiful dry trees and a more urban setting. Pass the storefronts (Yes, they’re interactive for your Magical ArtBrush) and arrive at Le Fou’s Brewery that provides a unique experience of exotic flavours (the support kitchen used is the same as in Gaston's Tavern). Here you'll also find the De Vil Manor, a place with snow all over its backyard, which is home to a fantastic attraction and the most fashionista spot in the entire WDW, the Exquisite Closet.

WowFactor

Original Poster
⬇️ SPRING DUST

VV_Takes_05_Spring.jpg

Crossing the bridge, just before the open-air amphitheater you'll hear that jazzy musical background, and that decadent, southern New Orleans decor, it's here that we find The Petrified Evil, a beautiful fountain with a Renaissance accent that pays homage to the 15 the biggest villains “heroes” in the entire Villain Village. Just across the square you can enjoy authentic Beignets at Duke’s Cafe or have a delicious Cajun meal at Cal’s Dinner, but hurry up to make your reservations the place is very popular. Oh, don't miss a surreal visit to Dr. Facilier's famous Voodoo Lounge and buy his fragrances, candles and original art pieces at Charms and Spells.

Last edited:

WowFactor

Original Poster
⬇️ SUMMER ISLAND

VV_Takes_05_Summer.jpg

The highest point in Villains Village, here you can visit the famous Queen Witch apothecary and embark on a journey through the forbidden tunnels of the castle of Maleficent, entering the skull island of Hook, visiting Ursula at the bottom of the sea, meeting Jafar, Hades and find out why all the baddies are gathering together. Ah, maybe you can have a delicious candy apple or try yourself a brand new Magical ArtBrush at L’ARTelier.

Last edited:

MadTeacup

I just found this and hate how much I love it. This is a really cool concept. I like that you're playing up the Villians through their own eyes, not as evil beings. That's a big deal for those characters and is how I always try to view them. As much as I love your Hell Hall idea, this would be yet another strike against the "Yzma & Kronk's Pull the Lever" coaster that I've always dreamed of, BUT... The Hell Hall concept fits your vision far better. Also, I'm really intrigued to see how you portray Cruella in the ride story.

WowFactor

Original Poster
Hi, @MadTeacup , I'm glad you're hating to love the project.:p

I would love to read your "Yzma & Kronk's Pull the Lever" coaster idea (send a PM with the link). I believe Cruella has a greater appeal to guests and Hell Hall fit perfectly into the scenographic transition I planned (we have Fairy Tales in Fall Garden, which goes to a more city mood in Winter Polis, represent the city itself in Spring Dust, and culminate in the mysterious Summer Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom