News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
So how far up do we think they're going to build villains? Is it only going to be the size of the top half of the ROA or will it be bigger? Basically will it go beyond the berm? I'm thinking it will go at least a little beyond the berm considering this is supposed to be the "largest expansion in magic kingdom history" and I think the top half of the RoA is only about 9 acres?
1000001574.png

So how far up do we think they're going to build villains? Is it only going to be the size of the top half of the ROA or will it be bigger? Basically will it go beyond the berm? I'm thinking it will go at least a little beyond the berm considering this is supposed to be the "largest expansion in magic kingdom history" and I think the top half of the RoA is only about 9 acres?View attachment 811263
I don't have an answer for this, but I think this brings up a good question on whether this would mean a new train stop could be introduced for a Villains Land. That would be another fun opportunity to introduce some cool themed elements.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I don't have an answer for this, but I think this brings up a good question on whether this would mean a new train stop could be introduced for a Villains Land. That would be another fun opportunity to introduce some cool themed elements.
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I think it just makes sense to add a new train station, it's already going to be a long walk up there. Adding a train station will help a lot. They could also finally give the railroad interesting views to look at.

Fox&Hound

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster! Very exciting times, potentially, so finally coming in off the sideline to participate. So after reading through all 30+ pages of this thread I noticed nobody mentioned the potential for at least in name to tie-in this land with the Uber popular Descendants franchise from Disney Channel! I’ve always thought there should be some representation of Disney Channel somewhere in the parks with maybe a HalloweenTown or something, but if ever there was a time for it this is it. The land could be called “Isle of The Lost” & maybe they make a new River/moat around it to make it like an island that the villains were banished to which would maybe help ease some of the pain of losing Rivers of America. Then in the dark ride potentially have the villains teaming up to try to take over MK only for some Disney heroes &/or The Descendants to show up to help defeat the villains in the end so that it ultimately shows good will triumph over evil & we’re not glorifying bad deeds as some suggested.🤷🏻‍♂️ Of course I want the classic animated villains like I’m sure most of you do, I’m not suggesting the live action or tv versions, but I do think a little nod to those movies would be justified & sell more merch! Maybe have a show or something related to them, but really even just the name would work I think.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to share. Love the banter & look forward to hopefully seeing you all there by the time The WDW Diamond Celebration rolls around in 2031!😁
Welcome :) thanks for sharing!

RuzzLightyear

View attachment 808592
Posted this in the Cars thread, but I'm assuming Villains will be somewhere in blue (the entrance to which would be in the upper right corner of the Cars concept art). Potentially another entrance in fantasyland?
I'm wondering if maybe Pinnochio Village Haus would be removed to add another entrance to Villains Land into Fantasy Land. The roadway behind it would be a perfect entrance. I think the connection to Fantasy Land would be key given how far back there you'd have to walk and how much of a bottleneck having only one entrance would be.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm wondering if maybe Pinnochio Village Haus would be removed to add another entrance to Villains Land into Fantasy Land. The roadway behind it would be a perfect entrance. I think the connection to Fantasy Land would be key given how far back there you'd have to walk and how much of a bottleneck having only one entrance would be.
My understanding is this is the current fallout zone - so unless fireworks will be altered, this area is probably not going to be used.
E626596C-A063-49A4-9687-72001F2E0560.jpeg

RuzzLightyear

Looking at the map, I'm wondering if they are going to have to move the Haunted Mansion's queuing and do quite a bit to disguise its show building unless they are going to build a walkway/tunnel around HM right where RoA is now. Seems like that would limit the size of the Cars area though. Excited, but interested to see what else this will impact.

RuzzLightyear

My understanding is this is the current fallout zone - so unless fireworks will be altered, this area is probably not going to be used. View attachment 811493
Hmm, interesting. I gotta think that they would have to move the fireworks launch area some. Maybe to the other side of Floridian Way. Seems like the lefthand side of that red area would be too close to the new land and would restrict guest flow if you could only get there by going around HM. Definitely needs a new train station if that is the case given how far you'd have to walk to get back there.

doctornick

My understanding is this is the current fallout zone - so unless fireworks will be altered, this area is probably not going to be used. View attachment 811493

They can easily have indoor show buildings for rides in any fall out area. Or put indoor guest areas (shops/restaurants or an enclosed "perpetually dark" walk area akin to Knockturn Alley) in such a space. Fireworks fallout shouldn't be much of an issue with good planning.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Looking at the map, I'm wondering if they are going to have to move the Haunted Mansion's queuing and do quite a bit to disguise its show building unless they are going to build a walkway/tunnel around HM right where RoA is now. Seems like that would limit the size of the Cars area though. Excited, but interested to see what else this will impact.
maybe they'll have to sacrifice the interactive queue. :fingers crossed:

gorillaball

Hmm, interesting. I gotta think that they would have to move the fireworks launch area some. Maybe to the other side of Floridian Way. Seems like the lefthand side of that red area would be too close to the new land and would restrict guest flow if you could only get there by going around HM. Definitely needs a new train station if that is the case given how far you'd have to walk to get back there

Plus I believe the road you mention behind Village Haus is below grade, as it serves the utilidor entrance well below ground level in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom