News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

ChewbaccaYourMum

It would be amazing if this coaster was one of the longest coasters in the world and combined elements of coaster and slowing down for multiple show scenes with multiple different villains. Kind of like how Hagrids and Gringotts work, but this could be Disney's version and on a much better scale. You could end up in a villains lair, like Hades for example, there's a scene going on and when he notices you, it's a launch into more coaster and on your way to the next villain.

That would definitely entail a "major attraction" to me, and could be a true revolution of the phrase "story-telling coaster" that Disney used for Guardians Cosmic Rewind.

Ghost93

Since we have had a large discussion about space in the Cars thread, is the implication that this will entirely be within the RR berm? Seems like that is unnecessarily constraining. If nothing else, if they have a large scale dark ride, it would seem to me to make a lot of sense to have the show building for such a ride outside the berm even if the entrance is within it (think POTC for example).

Also, any chance that the RR gets a new stop in this area? It's far enough between the Frontierland and Fantasyland stations that it could make sense. and they could do some neat theming to such a station.
I hope they go beyond the berm so they can make the land very large. I don't care AT ALL about the railroad and love the idea of a villains land, so wouldn't mind it being shut down for a few years.

BrianLo

This being a 10 year, $60 billion investment...I wonder what we will get in the next 5 years.

Based on pure speculation. This seems to be the backbone of the next five years. I don’t think we’ll get something major major, but plenty of entertainment and/or overlays are likely still coming later this decade to fill things out. A substantive overlay/entertainment still strikes me as upcoming in 2026.

Beyond that… Maybe the start of the next cruise ship wave. Probably an early push into actual Disneyland Forward. Another round of projects for Animal Kingdom, DHS and finally Epcot.

I’d be pretty surprised if Magic Kingdom got something again, given they went with the big spending package on that one. But Moana is sitting on a shelf. That project will almost assuredly land somewhere In the world. Maybe even Disneyland.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Since we have had a large discussion about space in the Cars thread, is the implication that this will entirely be within the RR berm? Seems like that is unnecessarily constraining. If nothing else, if they have a large scale dark ride, it would seem to me to make a lot of sense to have the show building for such a ride outside the berm even if the entrance is within it (think POTC for example).

Also, any chance that the RR gets a new stop in this area? It's far enough between the Frontierland and Fantasyland stations that it could make sense. and they could do some neat theming to such a station.

This map from the permit suggests that they are interested in building outside the tracks.
1723506826000.png

Yellow Strap

Based on pure speculation. This seems to be the backbone of the next five years. I don’t think we’ll get something major major, but plenty of entertainment and/or overlays are likely still coming later this decade to fill things out. A substantive overlay/entertainment still strikes me as upcoming in 2026.

Beyond that… Maybe the start of the next cruise ship wave. Probably an early push into actual Disneyland Forward. Another round of projects for Animal Kingdom, DHS and finally Epcot.

I’d be pretty surprised if Magic Kingdom got something again, given they went with the big spending package on that one. But Moana is sitting on a shelf. That project will almost assuredly land somewhere In the world. Maybe even Disneyland.
Yeah...Disneyland Forward will be a big expenditure definitely. A possible 3rd gate in the Toy Story parking lot is on the table.

Thanks phoenicians

This map from the permit suggests that they are interested in building outside the tracks.
View attachment 809073

Just a guess but I wonder if they're going to set aside that area on the left side of the track as a villains phase 2 beyond big thunder. No idea if that's even rumored but I feel like they have to have a pretty big designated plot ready for expansion considering it seems like villains should be extremely popular
Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 2.20.28 PM.png

Ghost93

Just a guess but I wonder if they're going to set aside that area on the left side of the track as a villains phase 2 beyond big thunder. No idea if that's even rumored but I feel like they have to have a pretty big designated plot ready for expansion considering it seems like villains should be extremely popular
View attachment 809090
I say they just shut the railroad down and give us a gigantic 20+ acre villain land to start with. :)

Thanks phoenicians

I say they just shut the railroad down and give us a gigantic 20+ acre villain land to start with. :)
The railroad is such an interesting factor in this whole thing. If they'd have to move the track for an expansion then honestly just get it out of the way now while everything is under construction. If they'd keep it running through the middle of the land or future expansion then that's fine too, but I'd be curious to see how they make it work. Either way I just don't want them boxing themselves in and cutting off any future expansion territory since this is absolutely the type of land that should have one at some point imo

Ghost93

The railroad is such an interesting factor in this whole thing. If they'd have to move the track for an expansion then honestly just get it out of the way now while everything is under construction. If they'd keep it running through the middle of the land or future expansion then that's fine too, but I'd be curious to see how they make it work. Either way I just don't want them boxing themselves in and cutting off any future expansion territory since this is absolutely the type of land that should have one at some point imo
Maybe they could have the Railroad go through a dark tunnel in the Villain land? Wouldn't it be cool if it went beneath Maleficent's castle or one of the caves and offered a spooky (but not too scary) sight only visible to railroad passengers?

Bocabear

Phase 2? I think Villains Phase 1 could even end up on the cutting room floor after the expenditure to completely reconfiguring the center of the park... That alone will be some massive construction.... I would not count on any kind of phase 2... We never get to phase 2 on Disney projects...lol

Thanks phoenicians

Phase 2? I think Villains Phase 1 could even end up on the cutting room floor after the expenditure to completely reconfiguring the center of the park... That alone will be some massive construction.... I would not count on any kind of phase 2... We never get to phase 2 on Disney projects...lol
Yeah I know I'm probably too optimistic. I just think there's a ton of pent up demand for a villains land that it would make too much financial sense not to capitalize with a phase 2 at some point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom