News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

WowFactor

Phase 2? I think Villains Phase 1 could even end up on the cutting room floor after the expenditure to completely reconfiguring the center of the park... That alone will be some massive construction.... I would not count on any kind of phase 2... We never get to phase 2 on Disney projects...lol
I agree and I think it would be great if they did the opposite. Build Villains first and leave ROA alone. But we know that corporate operations don't work that way.

Timothy_Q

Just a guess but I wonder if they're going to set aside that area on the left side of the track as a villains phase 2 beyond big thunder. No idea if that's even rumored but I feel like they have to have a pretty big designated plot ready for expansion considering it seems like villains should be extremely popular
View attachment 809090
The indoor E ticket being tucked behing small world and mansion seem to make the most sense to me as well

I wonder how much they considered moving/removing small world to create a path connecting both lands

gorillaball

Gee. Is it really? Yes, I am aware of that thanks. It's about taking the tech and building on it not just re-skin and IP forced into it.

Small World was created for the World's Fair and one of the first uses of AAs
POTC was the first indoor boat ride with drops & AAs
Omnimovers used in completely different ways for SS & HM
Matterhorn was the first tubular steel coaster in the world
Space Mountain was the first coaster in the world inside a building
And this appears to be the first trackless All Terrain Ride system, anywhere.

co10064

Premium Member
Wow, a lot to unpack here. I purposely wanted to get caught up reading all the thread replies before typing up my own.

I was watching a stream of the panel and turned it off when Josh got to Fortnite. I assumed that was all that was to be announced for the parks. Boy was I glad to be wrong.

This is definitely the announcement I am the most excited for. Honestly I am very surprised they stuck with this idea.

I am sad to hear that the Rivers of America is going away. I assume the land that’s actually Beyond Big Thunder was deemed too difficult and too expensive to build on. I remember the RCID plan deemed it only “marginally suitable” for expansion.

In terms of this new land, I sincerely hope they go for the more edgier and thrilling route. Magic Kingdom has a bit of a reputation for being a kiddy park—to the point where many of my childless adult friends laugh or roll their eyes when I suggest a visit. I hope the coaster is among the most thrilling on property. Magic Kingdom really needs it.

In any event, I am very excited about this expansion! Credit where credit is due—Disney is actually following through this time.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I know there's a 0.0% chance of them doing this, but tell me these wouldn't fit in VL, especially if there's a wall of wanted posters for the others or something like that.
splash-mountain-queue-brer-bear-sign-1.jpg
22227199385_cc28e5f5a8_b.jpg

Yellow Strap

Yeah and I hate it. Disney was always so original. They didn't need 20 roller coasters but now that seems to be tge direction.
Disney cannot win.
They build immersive dark rides like ROTR and people complain Universal is doing it better with Velocicoaster.
Disney plans on building a big Villains coaster and people complain too many coasters are now being built.

Disney sneezes and this board says they should have coughed.

Quietmouse

Yeah and I hate it. Disney was always so original. They didn't need 20 roller coasters but now that seems to be tge direction.

Out of everything accounted at d23 the only thing that was a coaster was a monster inc coaster.

Animal kingdom is basically 1 boat/dark ride ? , Indiana jones will be similar to dinosaurs ride system and the carousel.

Magic kingdom is cars, which appears to be be test track that is trackless ? , a kids appropriate ride (which I’m guessing won’t be a coaster), and whatever ends up in villains land will probably be one e ticket coaster and my best guess the 2nd attraction will be a boat/dark ride.

That being said, it d23 was any indication where Disney is heading with ride choice it’s still very much heavy on other experiences rather than coasters.

ToTBellHop

I suggested Shadowland back in December of 2023 but we will see what they go with.
1723649774141.png

I also wonder if the story is that we visit the villains’ separate homes that are somehow together (like we’d see in Fantasyland) or if it will be a bunch of villains visiting each other at someone’s home (perhaps Maleficent’s).

UNCgolf

Disney cannot win.
They build immersive dark rides like ROTR and people complain Universal is doing it better with Velocicoaster.
Disney plans on building a big Villains coaster and people complain too many coasters are now being built.

Disney sneezes and this board says they should have coughed.

I mean, that's true of almost everything. Different people have different tastes.

It's not like it's the same people complaining about those things.

Haymarket2008

I suggested Shadowland back in December of 2023 but we will see what they go with.
View attachment 809267
I also wonder if the story is that we visit the villains’ separate homes that are somehow together (like we’d see in Fantasyland) or if it will be a bunch of villains visiting each other at someone’s home (perhaps Maleficent’s).

It’s a cool name, but doesn’t that directly reference Scar’s domain from Lion King?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom