News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Two rides is basically what we have in most of the parks. Pandora has 2. Tropical Americas has 2. Ignoring carousels and such.

MK
FL = Splash/BTMR
AL = POTC/JC
LS = HM/HoPresidents
TL = SM/Buzz (pre Tron) ...Speedway, is that really "Tomorrow?"
FL = SW/PP/Dumbo (ok 3, plus Casey area).
Fantasyland has the most tbh they have Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, and It's A Small World. Also Barnstormer technically

"villains don't belong at magic kingdom" is such a funny statement
My earliest Disney memory was meeting Honest John and Gideon at the gates of Magic Kingdom when I was 7.

I also remember Dream Along with Mickey and being afraid Maleficent was going to turn into a dragon right on stage. It was awesome. Kids like fear why does the world think Goosebumps does so well?

Captain Barbossa

So our ole buddy Tom Corless, who we know suffers from a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth, is saying that “nothing is beyond Big Thunder anymore” in response to a question about Villains Land. We’ll see if this turns out to be one of his signature pieces of false info.

PREMiERdrum

So our ole buddy Tom Corless, who we know suffers from a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth, is saying that “nothing is beyond Big Thunder anymore” in response to a question about Villains Land. We’ll see if this turns out to be one of his signature pieces of false info.
Not to lend any credence to Tom, but the initial plans for BBTM were found to be far too costly to reach suitability.

They're still expanding in that general area, but I believe the 2-phase, "huge loop" proposal has been abandoned.

doctornick

Not to lend any credence to Tom, but the initial plans for BBTM were found to be far too costly to reach suitability.

They're still expanding in that general area, but I believe the 2-phase, "huge loop" proposal has been abandoned.

If true, I hope they at least design the expansion so that they can still use the land north of it (outside the berm, etc) in the future if desired. It would be really bad if they build in a way that just cuts off access to that area.

James Alucobond

If true, I hope they at least design the expansion so that they can still use the land north of it (outside the berm, etc) in the future if desired. It would be really bad if they build in a way that just cuts off access to that area.
I would imagine that, if they build up to but not outside of the train loop, at least some of the land will be designed to provide extra scenery from aboard the train, which would also provide reasonable paths to the unused land in the future.

ToTBellHop

I honestly think the response to D23 2022 was a large portion of the reason. It was a bit of a large consumer test. Josh looked visibly taken aback with the hoopla that idea caused.

Internally a - hey - our now constant Halloween after hours park might benefit from a Halloween land might have also helped.
I’m just happy they actually listened to us!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Feels like a concept that is ripe for export to other Disney Parks (if successful). I mean, first of all, the crowd reaction for this was substantially greater than anything else last night, so you know it's what the people want. And, like how all of the Avenger's Campuses are supposed to be in the same universe, you could have all of the Villains Lands be in the same universe with each land having an attraction that highlights one specific villain (at WDW it seems like that would be Maleficent) and then maybe an ensemble attraction that is shared/similar amongst any other variations of the land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom