News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

If what Josh said about construction already beginning for Villains is true, then by early 2025, yes both Cars and Villains are being built simultaneously.
Yes. While one part may open before the other, they will be built concurrently. I could see a Cars 2028, Villains 2029 situation.

Not sure where Monsters, Inc. fits in. Presumably its opening around 2028.

docnabox

Two random thoughts that just popped into my head while I was standing in the grocery line:

1. I wonder what the landscaping for this area will be? Should be interesting to see. In my mind, with the evil villainy I would think dead trees and plants but they obviously won’t do that. So, flowers with black/dark purple blooms? Maybe a marshy area with “deadly plants” like pitcher plants and fly traps? Going to have something because, as pictured, during the day, this looks like it will be a Hellscape in terms of heat. Literally! 😂

2. On a more humorous note, are there odds up yet on when/if the Maleficent dragon will break down after it opens and how long (or if ever) it will take to fix it? 😂

MagicHappens1971

Two random thoughts that just popped into my head while I was standing in the grocery line:

1. I wonder what the landscaping for this area will be? Should be interesting to see. In my mind, with the evil villainy I would think dead trees and plants but they obviously won’t do that. So, flowers with black/dark purple blooms? Maybe a marshy area with “deadly plants” like pitcher plants and fly traps? Going to have something because, as pictured, during the day, this looks like it will be a Hellscape in terms of heat. Literally! 😂
I would expect a lot of faux vegetation like Pandora. It’s highly possible that we will have “dead” trees, some thorns and dark purple flowers and such.

doctornick

I feel like I saw a 2027 floating around? Is that just for Tropical Americas? I feel like Monsters could also reasonably open by 2027.

2027 was specifically cited for Tropical Americas. I don't think any other new ride would be before 2028. I'm expecting something like Monsters and Cars in 2028 and Villains in 2029.

TheMaxRebo

2027 was specifically cited for Tropical Americas. I don't think any other new ride would be before 2028. I'm expecting something like Monsters and Cars in 2028 and Villains in 2029.

Guess depends how involved each is. My initial thought was:
- Tropical Americas - 2027
- Cars Land - 2028
- Monsters Inc - 2029
- Villains Land - 2030

Then they have something new each year and don't have to rush Villains. But we shall see

bmr1591

Hong Kong Disneyland is the only Disney Park that comes the closest to actually embracing the scarier aspects of Halloween while being family friendly as possible. Unlike MNSSHP, their Halloween events are actually Villain focused with Disneyland doing a similar approach with Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA.
View attachment 808405
View attachment 808406

The former Nightmare Experiment attraction is the closest Disney can get to a scare attraction in the levels as Universal's Halloween Horror Nights (minus gore).
2017082366813093.jpg

Meanwhile, WDW's been running MNSSHP for over 20 years now. It's time for a fresh new Halloween party for WDW that puts emphasis on Disney Villains like Disneyland Resort did with Oogie Boogie Bash a few years back.

New Halloween party when villains land opens.

I think 2 to 4 years down the road we will have more than 2 attractions in or coming to this land plus Moana and maybe a Woodys Roundup.
I hope one day we get a Nightmare Before Christmas section here

I can’t see NBC getting a section. I know it’s got its big fans, but I don’t believe it commands enough for space in a land.

So our ole buddy Tom Corless, who we know suffers from a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth, is saying that “nothing is beyond Big Thunder anymore” in response to a question about Villains Land. We’ll see if this turns out to be one of his signature pieces of false info.

He did say the door coaster would be announced and is confident it’s in Animation Courtyard.

I am concerned though about the overall tone of this land. I don't want it to be a place I wouldn't want to take the little folks in my family.

90% of the park is perfect for little ones. The darker tone will polarize, with littles loving or fearing it, but that’s okay.

MouseEarsMom33

View attachment 808339
Roughly blocked out what this could look like.
I was thinking something similar, but I see Cars taking the rest of ROA too. They will likely need to put Maleficent's castle farther away from Cinderella's castle as to not take away from the view around Cinderella's castle. Otherwise, we would get another tiny castle like the beast castle.

If Villains goes that far west, I wonder if we could eventually get a Villains themed hotel.

The Chatbox Ghost

So our ole buddy Tom Corless, who we know suffers from a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth, is saying that “nothing is beyond Big Thunder anymore” in response to a question about Villains Land. We’ll see if this turns out to be one of his signature pieces of false info.
He’s talking about nothing being built beyond the berm. He thinks Cars is taking the entirety of TSI/that part of RoA and Villains is in whatever space is between the back half of RoA and the railroad berm. Tom wouldn’t say anything based on personal speculation, he only says things given to him by his inside sources. WDI even tells us things early. People demonize him over rumors that end up being changed but were true at one point. I know Tom personally and can attest for his commitment to only reporting rumors that have someone backing them up.

We had this whole discussion yesterday when people were attacking Brayden/MickeyViews- just because a rumor turns out to be false doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at a time. Disney changed plans all the time- Brayden predicted Radiator Springs Racers and Woodys Round Up for new Frontierland and ended up only being right about the Cars IP. Does that mean he was totally wrong? Also, the Moana Tiki Room and Woody Country Bears were both true but cancelled. We have concept art and insider statements to prove it, no matter what people choose to believe. You’re entitled to your beliefs and you’re valid for having them, but the facts are that WDW and MickeyViews aren’t gambling on personal headcanons.

This community is so toxic when it comes to rumors and attacking people who say them. People like Tom and Brayden aren’t making things up for clicks, the parks are their passions and they’re reporting what they feel people aught to know. If no one ever reported rumors we wouldn’t have the Country Bears anymore.

JoeCamel

He’s talking about nothing being built beyond the berm. He thinks Cars is taking the entirety of TSI/that part of RoA and Villains is in whatever space is between the back half of RoA and the railroad berm. Tom wouldn’t say anything based on personal speculation, he only says things given to him by his inside sources. WDI even tells us things early. People demonize him over rumors that end up being changed but were true at one point. I know Tom personally and can attest for his commitment to only reporting rumors that have someone backing them up.

We had this whole discussion yesterday when people were attacking Brayden/MickeyViews- just because a rumor turns out to be false doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at a time. Disney changed plans all the time- Brayden predicted Radiator Springs Racers and Woodys Round Up for new Frontierland and ended up only being right about the Cars IP. Does that mean he was totally wrong? Also, the Moana Tiki Room and Woody Country Bears were both true but cancelled. We have concept art and insider statements to prove it, no matter what people choose to believe. You’re entitled to your beliefs and you’re valid for having them, but the facts are that WDW and MickeyViews aren’t gambling on personal headcanons.

This community is so toxic when it comes to rumors and attacking people who say them. People like Tom and Brayden aren’t making things up for clicks, the parks are their passions and they’re reporting what they feel people aught to know. If no one ever reported rumors we wouldn’t have the Country Bears anymore.
Nah, I don't like useless because he is an ahole

The Chatbox Ghost

Nah, I don't like useless because he is an ahole
If people constantly attacked you personally because they don’t agree with what you’re saying wouldn’t you get upset? We’re all human. Yeah, he shouldn’t waste his effort replying to people who are only dumping on him, but no one is perfect. Tom is a perfectly kind and supportive person to his team (which I am a part of). He’s very appreciative of what we do and tells us he’s proud of us and will compliment our work. When my cat passed away last month, without hesitation, he let me take as much time as I needed to grieve and be out of work, despite it being a busy news week. Heck, one time I showed him some art I did for fun and he loved it so much he wanted to do something more with it that’s currently in production. He’s much more than people claim he is. Yes, he’s not perfect and has made mistakes, but he’s grown a lot over the years and I think people need to see who he is now compared to how he was years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom