News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

So after all that buildup "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" really just means filling in the ROA, while what was billed as the expansion space just becomes laydown yards for parts and trailers.

Woof.
Villains is still going “beyond big thunder”. I think they saw an under-performing area and chose to replace it while saving further expansion space behind big thunder for Villains & potentially another expansion.

Ghost93

I say they keep the island surrounded by water, and then on the island they create an area around the Disney villain, Benjamin Linus. You can explore all the different Dharma stations, and every 108 minutes there are alarms in the Swan station, followed by a big electromagnetic event.
I'm rewatching LOST for its 20th anniversary and I would have loved a Tom Sawyer Island retheme to the LOST island, complete with a hatch/Dharma station, animatronic polar bears, the Others barracks, Jacob's cabin and background audio that includes the whispers and the sounds of the smoke monster. It would probably be too niche (as the show is fairly old now) to be a major success, and the Cars Land makes more business sense, but I would personally love it. :)

Schema

I'm rewatching LOST for its 20th anniversary and I would have loved a Tom Sawyer Island retheme to the LOST island, complete with a hatch/Dharma station, animatronic polar bears, the Others barracks, Jacob's cabin and background audio that includes the whispers and the sounds of the smoke monster. It would probably be too niche (as the show is fairly old now) to be a major success, and the Cars Land makes more business sense, but I would personally love it. :)
I'm also rewatching it now. Hence, why it was on my brain when all this talk about islands came up. :)

My wife and I were talking about a lot of the same things you mentioned above when laughing about what an interactive land could be like. Then, it hit me, while something like that would never make it in a Disney park, what about a LOST themed bar in Disney Springs?

DisDude33

I'm also rewatching it now. Hence, why it was on my brain when all this talk about islands came up. :)

My wife and I were talking about a lot of the same things you mentioned above when laughing about what an interactive land could be like. Then, it hit me, while something like that would never make it in a Disney park, what about a LOST themed bar in Disney Springs?
Or a bar on a cruise ship. I’ll take anything LOST anywhere I can get it.

britain

Not going back to re-read all these, so maybe this underwater portion to the coaster was already pointed out:

1723502032168.png

Brer Panther

Isn't it gonna be weird to have two Little Mermaid rides in two different lands in the same park? Even if one of them is focused on Ursula?

Ghost93

Isn't it gonna be weird to have two Little Mermaid rides in two different lands in the same park? Even if one of them is focused on Ursula?
Is there a confirmed Ursula ride? I would imagine Ursula featured on a ride with multiple villains, but not getting her own ride.

I COULD see a seafood restaurant that is designed to look like Ursula's skeletal fish lair!

ctrlaltdel

I don't think anything is confirmed. It appears that a coaster is there, but it is the new addition we know the least about other than "two major attractions."

Ghost93

How much should we read into the announcement video for the villains land for which villains will be featured?

In the video we have:
1. The Evil Queen
2. Maleficent (duh)
3. Ursula
4. Scar
5. Jafar
6. The Horned King (was surprised they not only showed him, but showed him TWICE!)
7. Dr. Facillier
8. Yzma
9. Hades
10. Madame Mimm
11. Lady Tremaine
12. Gaston
13. Chernabog
14. Captain Hook
15. Mother Gothel
16. King Magnifico
17. The Queen Of Hearts
18. Kaa
19. Cruella DeVil.

It's possible these clips were randomly chosen, but maybe it's an indicator of what villains will and won't be featured? I don't mind the absence of Frollo as his entire schtick is that he doesn't believe he's evil (and Catholic guilt, genocide and sexual frustration isn't really anyone's idea of theme park fun), and villains like Ratcliffe, Yokai and Shan Yu were never really that popular to begin with. Was a bit surprised by the lack of Oogie Boogie or the Nightmare Before Christmas in general.

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

How much should we read into the announcement video for the villains land for which villains will be featured?

In the video we have:
1. The Evil Queen
2. Maleficent (duh)
3. Ursula
4. Scar
5. Jafar
6. The Horned King (was surprised they not only showed him, but showed him TWICE!)
7. Dr. Facillier
8. Yzma
9. Hades
10. Madame Mimm
11. Lady Tremaine
12. Gaston
13. Chernabog
14. Captain Hook
15. Mother Gothel
16. King Magnifico
17. The Queen Of Hearts
18. Kaa
19. Cruella DeVil.

It's possible these clips were randomly chosen, but maybe it's an indicator of what villains will and won't be featured? I don't mind the absence of Frollo as his entire schtick is that he doesn't believe he's evil (and Catholic guilt, genocide and sexual frustration isn't really anyone's idea of theme park fun), and villains like Ratcliffe, Yokai and Shan Yu were never really that popular to begin with. Was a bit surprised by the lack of Oogie Boogie or the Nightmare Before Christmas in general.

Wouldn't be surprised if Oogie Boogie is seasonally-limited, and thus not included in core Land media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom