News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Kev1982

Unpopular opinion maybe but I get getting rid of TSI and Rivers. Both the boat and island are practically always deserted but capacity wise its replacing once more 2 attractions (3 if you count the rafts) with … 2 attractions

DisDude33

I’m pumped for this land. I hope they name it Dark Kingdom. So much potential with this idea.
Too close to Dark Universe but I do like the idea of it having kingdom in the name. You could have a running narrative of the different villains trying to take over the kingdom and change out some minor decorations to signify the current leader. It would add a since of disarray and chaos to contrast the unity and order of the rest of Magic Kingdom.

Bocabear

I hope that when complete (or preferably long before)they will evict the villains from the Top Of The World lounge... It is the worst job of IP integration on property...and it just cheapens the design of the lounge....
and besides, being a cocktail Lounge, it doesn't need an IP....and even if it HAD to have some, Villains don't fit the space...
It looks cheap and lazy....and thoroughly unnecessary...

Schema

I hope that when complete (or preferably long before)they will evict the villains from the Top Of The World lounge... It is the worst job of IP integration on property...and it just cheapens the design of the lounge....
and besides, being a cocktail Lounge, it doesn't need an IP....and even if it HAD to have some, Villains don't fit the space...
It looks cheap and lazy....and thoroughly unnecessary...
I agree. While I don't have a big problem with that lounge having a theme, what they have done up there is pathetic. It looks like they had a budget of a couple hundred dollars and a box of discarded costume props. If you are going to add a theme, then do it properly.

Bocabear

I agree. While I don't have a big problem with that lounge having a theme, what they have done up there is pathetic. It looks like they had a budget of a couple hundred dollars and a box of discarded costume props. If you are going to add a theme, then do it properly.
EXACTLY! it just cheapens the overall feel of what was a nicely designed lounge for the building... It added nothing and feels tacky.

The Chatbox Ghost

So TC was right so far with the removal of TSI and ROA today, not sure about VL on where that could go
Villains could technically be beyond BTM, or moreso next to it, taking the back half of the RoA.
Also worth noting that Tom is predicting that Monsters Inc will go in the Animation Courtyard and take over the space from the studio buildings, so I'm hoping he's right on that. If Disney thought the PR over the loss of RoA was bad, losing Muppets truly would be he** breaking loose.

IanDLBZF

Never say never forever, but the way B&M does business precludes WDI working with them on a project. Vekoma, Dynamic, Premier, are all more than happy to manufacture what WDI or UC tells them what to do. B&M is not really known to work that way.
And same could go for RMC if I am not mistaken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom