Village Haus has burgers no more

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Pinnochio Village Haus will no longer offer hamburgers/cheeseburgers starting May 8th.

It will undergo a kitchen refurbishment to be completed around May 22, so that it can offer italian foods including pizzas (replacing those lost from Tomorrowland Terrace?)

During this period it will remain open, but offer a modified menu (no burgers).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh drat, now I shall have to venture to one of the other 22 locations where burgers are available.... :lol: I wonder if they will have any other different fare available after the refurb?

Shaman

mousermerf said:
Pinnochio Village Haus will no longer offer hamburgers/cheeseburgers starting May 8th.

It will undergo a kitchen refurbishment to be completed around May 22, so that it can offer italian foods including pizzas (replacing those lost from Tomorrowland Terrace?)

I think thats a good idea...will it be a restuarant or the same format now, just different foods?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Pizzas will be back in MK apparently - which can be a good thing. What "other Italian specialities" means i've not the foggiest but I like the idea of fast-food lasagna.

It will remain fast food - all changes taking place backstage, not in the seating areas.

SirGoofy

mousermerf said:

I really like this. During my last trip in December I couldn't look at a burger for months, because almost all the eateries serve them and nothing else.

CTXRover

Good move. They already serve burgers at Pecos and Cosmic Ray's. I like the recent focus on redoing some of fast food offerings to serve different and in some cases better food across all the parks. Having lost the pizzas at the now "new" Tomorrowland Terrace in the MK, its good to see they will still be offering them elsewhere now. You don't need hamburgers at every fast food place.

BigNorm

Oh no...now where am I going to eat? This does not make me happy. :mad: Guess it's off to see Sonny. I do love that lounge lizard.

Epcot82Guy

TimeTrip said:
No more eating burgers while watching the IASW loading area :(.

Nope. Eating pizza and quick service Italian and watching the IASW loading area! :sohappy: But, I understand people's concern. I do LOVE the burgers at WDW. However, it was a bit of overkill and people did complain about it quite a bit. I think diversifying the offerings is great AS LONG as they don't overkill that as they have a tendancy to do.

Just so my considerations are right, we now have the following for quick service:

Hot Dogs on Main St. USA
Burgers at Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bill
Sandwiches at Cosmic Rays
Pizza at Village Haus
Thai/Asian Food at Noodle Station
and various sweets across the park.

I appologize for my naievete, but what has ever happened to El Pirata y El Perico's space?

no2apprentice

HauntedPirate said:
Oh drat, now I shall have to venture to one of the other 22 locations where burgers are available.... :lol: I wonder if they will have any other different fare available after the refurb?
Your joke about 22 locations started me thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know), but I did some quick research, and according to what I found, there is now only one counter-service restaurant in MK that serves hamburgers. Pecos Bill. Quite a change from just a few years ago.

mellie882

Between the new Tomorrowland Terrace noodle bowls and now pizza, I can finally eat in the Magic Kingdom! But, considering how theming is so important at Disney, it feels weird to eat traditional Asian cuisine in the world of tomorrow and Italian food in a bavarian haus.

barnum42

mellie882 said:
it feels weird to eat traditional Asian cuisine in the world of tomorrow and Italian food in a bavarian haus.
I'm sure Asia plans to still be around when tomorrow comes and as the story of Pinnochio is set in Italy, Italian food is a natural choice.

Guess I'm not the only one that mentioned to Disney that I was fed up with the dire fast food offerings at MK :D

MissM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You guys may all joke about burgers everywhere but BURGERS ARE THE ONLY THINGS I EAT QUICK SERVE. And Pinocchio Haus has THE BEST ones in MK. We eat there every single time we got to MK. We look forward to it.

I can't tell you how absolutely devastated I am at this. Cosmic Ray's is always way over crowded and I just don't like eating there. I love Pinocchio Haus and it - along with a Dole Whip - are hightlights of my day when there.

I'm devistated. Seriously devistated.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom