Village Haus at Disneyland changing into the Red Rose Taverne

yookeroo

Who knew so many of those people could exist in this world?!

I wouldn't wait five hours for a diamond encrusted Bog Iger statue.

But a Bob Iger statue...?

This comment deserves a constellation of likes. People are desperate for escapism and fantasy, and Disney, right or wrong, is quite adept at designing appealing traps to take their money.

OAN the initial success of this place should be the end of any further debate about why Disney Parks continues to invest almost exclusively in IP based experiences.

I bet we never see another post complaining about IP in the parks.

Rich T

People come to the parks for different things. I have a friend who enjoys the shows more than anything, and will camp out for new entertainment. Maybe the people in line are foodies and really enjoy trying new Disneyland food. Are the people who wait hours in line for rides just as bad as these people, or no?

I have no room to judge people who wait in long lines for things they want because I've done that very same thing. An average drive-thru wait time is what? 5-10 minutes? I am welcomed with a line spilling out into the street every single time I stop by an In-N-Out drive-thru, but I happily join it and am willing to wait because I enjoy it. I've showed up in the wee hours of the morning to wait in line for something I wanted multiple times. That's what people do.
I was about to comment about the people in line, and then remembered I'm probably going to be standing in line for several hours this Thursday night to get a Nintendo Switch at a Midnight launch event. But this is the last time I'm lining up that long for anything... honest! :D

Californian Elitist

I was about to comment about the people in line, and then remembered I'm probably going to be standing in line for several hours this Thursday night to get a Nintendo Switch at a Midnight launch event. But this is the last time I'm lining up that long for anything... honest! :D

Lol! I showed up at the Grove in the morning once to see the Backstreet Boys. I've also stood in long lines for movie screenings/premieres, book signing events, celebrity meet and greets, and probably more. I will stand in line for hours for what I want. I wouldn't wait in line for more than 15 minutes for this new experience at Village Haus, but more power to those who will. I'm not judging!

Phroobar

Until the PS5 comes out.

Rich T

Until the PS5 comes out.
Depends on the software...and my bank account. :D Seriously, I can usually wait months to get a new console, but...it's all about Zelda this time. Oops, I'm drifting off-topic. Um, the Switch is grey....like the Grey Stuff...but it probably won't taste as good.

Last edited:

Emmanuel

Original Poster
Visited the Tavern again yesterday. Line was short thanks to the rain (ordered and got food within 10 minutes) and the desserts were available but the rose cups remain sold out. Hopefully if they get restocked they impose a purchase limit.

Stevek

Lol! I showed up at the Grove in the morning once to see the Backstreet Boys. I've also stood in long lines for movie screenings/premieres, book signing events, celebrity meet and greets, and probably more. I will stand in line for hours for what I want. I wouldn't wait in line for more than 15 minutes for this new experience at Village Haus, but more power to those who will. I'm not judging!
I once stood in line for 3 hours just to get into D23...only I didn't realize it would take 3 hours to get in so that kinda sucked. The longest I've stood in any line in the last couple of years was 2 hours for Nemo opening and a couple hours for The Force Awakens opening night. There are very few things, if any, especially food, that I would stand in much of a line for.

Californian Elitist

I once stood in line for 3 hours just to get into D23...only I didn't realize it would take 3 hours to get in so that kinda sucked. The longest I've stood in any line in the last couple of years was 2 hours for Nemo opening and a couple hours for The Force Awakens opening night. There are very few things, if any, especially food, that I would stand in much of a line for.

I did the same for the D23 Expo of 2011. Had to wait for my uncle, who worked for the company at the time, to show up so I could skip it, but he took forever. That's the last Expo I ever attended.

Some people legit buy tents and camp out for days. I can't think of a single thing I would do that for.

Phroobar

I've stopped going to San Diego Comic Con because of the lines. It just isn't any fun to miss stuff because your stuck in a line that won't move. However you do get to meet people. It makes the time go faster. I would never wait in line for more than 90 minutes for anything.

Stevek

Not sure if it's been discussed here but a friend went this weekend and apparently folks are buying the rose cups by the case...and idiot Disney is allowing it. If true, they really are their worst enemy when it comes to this stuff. BTW, one guy has sold 94 of them on ebay at $36 a pop. Others selling for $70+. Weak sauce.

Phroobar

Not sure if it's been discussed here but a friend went this weekend and apparently folks are buying the rose cups by the case...and idiot Disney is allowing it. If true, they really are their worst enemy when it comes to this stuff. BTW, one guy has sold 94 of them on ebay at $36 a pop. Others selling for $70+. Weak sauce.
Maybe someday they will be scalped for $200 like the Trader Sam's Haunted Tiki Mug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Haunted-Man...809475?hash=item2a7bde8e83:g:0FkAAOSwTA9X15DF

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=haunted+tiki+mug&_sop=13

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...C0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Disneyland+rose+cups&_sacat=0

Stevek

I'm glad I waited on the HM mug until they got plenty of new stock in. People just have to be the first to have stuff, at any price...and then it just sits on a shelf (unless they are trying to re-sell to other fans) and is worthless a few years later . I have boxes of different Darth Vader action figures that probably aren't worth what I paid for them...but I didn't collect to make a profit off anyone else like these folks do.

Last edited:

VJ

Money is money, no matter who it comes from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom