Village Haus at Disneyland changing into the Red Rose Taverne

thomas998

Looks like it is just a limited time only thing to promote the new live action movie -- Village Haus is not going away!
That's good, because for a minute I was afraid they were going to turn it into a DL version of Be Our Guest with sky high prices and awful food.... I can deal with high prices and average food, but I draw the line at sky high prices and awful food.

GiveMeTheMusic

That's good, because for a minute I was afraid they were going to turn it into a DL version of Be Our Guest with sky high prices and awful food.... I can deal with high prices and average food, but I draw the line at sky high prices and awful food.

The prices at this joint are actually downright reasonable by WDW standards!

BAChicagoGal

Menu sounds great except for the garlic fries. I am allergic to garlic. Oh well, I will not be at Disneyland until September, so all this might be gone by then.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well it's not officially open yet so hopefully everything will be ready when I get there in a little over a week. I want to try some grey stuff!

GiveMeTheMusic

Well it's not officially open yet so hopefully everything will be ready when I get there in a little over a week. I want to try some grey stuff!

Today was the official opening and they were not prepared for demand. The line stretched out past the carousel at some points of the day. Hopefully they'll find their footing by the time you arrive!

disneyC97

This looks pretty permanent from pix and video I've seen...has anyone been to know if they painted over the Pinocchio murals or if it's something over the existing art?

TP2000

They ran out of the Grey Stuff within a couple hours. No word on when there will be more.

You know how I know there are a lot of people working at Disneyland who have no idea what they're doing?

Today was the official opening and they were not prepared for demand. The line stretched out past the carousel at some points of the day.

What a mess. After 15+ years of observation, these types of highly demanded theme park debuts seem to fall into three distinct categories depending on which department is running them;

New Attraction Offering - Hours of queue wrangled into endless but professionally organized switchbacks, overseen by an entire army of Ride Op CM's who tend to know what they are doing but take queuing very, very seriously. Sometimes they smile. Lots of barking orders to the endless queue, with a couple of managers in Dockers and radio earpieces glaring at everyone from the sides. STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!! FILL IN ALL THE AVAILABLE SPACE!!! KEEP HAVING FUN!!!

New Merchandise Offering - A slightly messy wristband distribution (if it's limited edition) followed up by a few switchbacks of slap-dash queue, overseen by overwhelmed store CM's who smile a lot to make up for their lack of planning and dwindling stock. Off to the side is a gaggle of well-dressed female manager types who have tight smiles but look worried and are just counting the minutes until they can scurry back to the safety of their cubicle. They run out of stock two days later, with Ebay markups three times what Disneyland was charging.

New Restaurant Offering - A very messy look and feel. No queue plan, no crowd control plan. No communication. No CM's in sight to help, except for a couple of overwhelmed busboys clearing tables. A few menu items that would obviously be in high demand run out of stock by about one o'clock in the afternoon, with no word on when it might return to the menu. No one is smiling except for one young hostess type who, bless her heart, is trying to say all the themed words her trainer told her to say, except she's using them all in every sentence. Never a single manager type in sight, just uniformed CM's scurrying around without any plan or organization. The tables are sticky.

It's almost like Disneyland senior management doesn't quite believe this whole Disneyland thing will work out long-term, so they never really plan for much. Except for the ride operators who just keep yelling STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom