View From A Balcony.

real mad hatter

Good Morning Folks.Now I ain't ever had the privilege to stay in a resort with your own balcony,tho planning to do so in 2014. For those lucky enough to have had this pleasure,which resort balcony has the most breathtaking views? :)

PolynesianPrincess

I'm not sure it was really "breathtaking" but we had two balcony stays, both at Wilderness Lodge. The first one we overlooked the pool and courtyard. It was VERY pretty. And surprisingly, not very loud. (You would think being above the pool would be loud but it wasn't) The second time we overlooked the woods and a small parking lot so that was nothing to write home about lol

Planning on staying at the Poly next September and I know some buildings have floors that do not have balconies. I just want a balcony there, I don't care what it overlooks!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Good Morning Folks.Now I ain't ever had the privilege to stay in a resort with your own balcony,tho planning to do so in 2014. For those lucky enough to have had this pleasure,which resort balcony has the most breathtaking views? :)

We have at WL, YC and GF. Even though if you leaned out over the balcony at the GF, you could see the Castle, the best was the view from the YC over the pool and water and into Epcot!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

For us hands down..Waterview over the Boardwalk. Sunrise/Sunset over the lagoon...looking down over the boardwalk with all the fantastic sights, sounds, smells of food...It makes me want to fly down today!

Upvote 0

Ariel484

For us hands down..Waterview over the Boardwalk. Sunrise/Sunset over the lagoon...looking down over the boardwalk with all the fantastic sights, sounds, smells of food...It makes me want to fly down today!

That's my pick for the best one we've had, too (on the villas side):

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

We've stayed in the Inn side of the Boardwalk twice and had parking lot views, which was fine. In one of the rooms we could see the Tower of Terror peaking over the resort, which was awesome. :) We've also had a savanna-view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which was cool, and a Beach Club Villa room that looked out onto a tree-filled, grassy area behind the resort. In general I think we're done paying for upgraded views, but it's been cool to have a couple of good ones. :) Although I'd be lying if I said I didn't someday want to splurge on a Magic Kingdom-view room at the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Better start saving!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

That's my pick for the best one we've had, too (on the villas side):

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

We've stayed in the Inn side of the Boardwalk twice and had parking lot views, which was fine. In one of the rooms we could see the Tower of Terror peaking over the resort, which was awesome. :) We've also had a savanna-view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which was cool, and a Beach Club Villa room that looked out onto a tree-filled, grassy area behind the resort. In general I think we're done paying for upgraded views, but it's been cool to have a couple of good ones. :) Although I'd be lying if I said I didn't someday want to splurge on a Magic Kingdom-view room at the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Better start saving!

Very Nice picture..early morning and evening with th ered sky background is one of those "wow" moments..just starts my day off on the right foot...and sitting on the balcony for a bit at the end of a long Disney day over the moonlit bay.....ahh...I digress

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Very Nice picture..early morning and evening with th ered sky background is one of those "wow" moments..just starts my day off on the right foot...and sitting on the balcony for a bit at the end of a long Disney day over the moonlit bay.....ahh...I digress
Please in the name of ...:mad: All these stories are making me wish it was next year I was returning instead of 2014. Alas,patience is a virtue.:)

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

We stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort in 2009 in a one bedroom suite with a balcony. It overlooked one of the ponds with the fountain in the middle. It was beautiful. The only downfall was the Reidy Creek Fire Dept was across the street so you would hear occasional radio blasts and sirens at times, aside from that we loved it.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

We have had the pleasure of staying at GF and POLY. Both had amazing views. GF was the best, on ground level, seeing the castle and monorail everyday. I just sat on the patio watching the monorail go by for hours. Mesmerizing.
POLY
disneydec2010666.jpg

GF
disneysept2011492.jpg
disneysept2011487.jpg

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

In 2011 we were in the Big Pine Key building at GF and our balcony overlooked the quiet pool we were on the 4th floor so we got a wonderful overview, plus we could see the MK fireworks at night. DH loved Conch Key balcony back in 2007 as we were on the 2nd floor I believe and could hear the wolf howl from the haunted mansion.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i have had balconies at most resorts in WDW. No doubt our favorite was Animal Kingdom Lodge. Looking out on a savannah and seeing animals everywhere cannot be beaten. i like the views elsewhere, always enjoy sitting on the balcony and just relaxing and appreciating the beauty of each resort, but Animal Kingdom Lodge was actually constructed with the views as the centerpiece of the resort.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Agree, that's my favorite as well.
Although the AKL's Savanna view is pretty close behind.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

uh oh.. I asked for a ground floor at the POLY, I better call and change that to a full balcony.. at BC we had a full balcony overlooking the walkway, I guess you call that kind of a garden view..it was nice but well kind of unremarkable. At AKL we had pool view..but for some reason I did not go out on that balcony much...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom