videotaping attractions

kane

Original Poster
Hello all, Has anyone been to the Magic Kingdom lately?Just wondering what attractions can be videotaped and which ones can't.:) :)

DisJosh

All of them! I have every single atraction taped.....except alien encounter. I'm not sure if you can tape AE.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I have every single attraction on tape, except IASW. I don't want to be reminded of the horror. :eek: :eek: :eek:

how did u get AE???? When I worked there I was trained to stop taping there by ANY means (usually means to walk in front of the camera or walk up and turn it off, since they won't hear you in AE)

Mikejakester

everything

All of them! I have every single atraction taped
Well... you can tape eveyrthing, but in some your not allowed too...
I have every ride on tape too...including Alien Encounter...
Alien encounter is actually one of the easies one to tape...
A have a rather small camara (the size of a picture camara) and I keep it in my pocket until the ride starts, once your seated down you take it out and and hold it in your lap casually and start recording...

I've recorded space mountain on night shot, but it didin't come out that well... I got splash mountain, the hounted mansion, lion king, practicly everything, altho they did get me in pirates of the caribean. I don't know how the heck they did that, all I heard was a loud speaker saying TURN OFF THE CAMARA IMEATIEDLY! right in the middle of the ride, I guess they have ppl watching over or something, but everything else I can recall you can record if your careful.

Mikejakester

Wanna see something cool

this goes to all the ppl with Nightshot options in their Camcorders

When you go to Disneys studios, go to The voyage of the little mermaid, once in it, take your camara set it to Night shot and watch the show thru the camara, you'll be in for a surprise!:D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I was worried about using nightshot for certain things. I have fantasmic recorded and i thought it would be cool to keep nightshot on to see the actors move in the dark and to see things set themselves. I'm afraid that since they're so touch about laser pointers that the nightshtt could screw something up.

DisJosh

They asked you to turn it off on PoC ??? The only thing they dont allow on that ride is external lighting or flash photography. I walked right on the ride with the camera in my hand.....I even herassed the cm a little......she didmt say anything about the camers.

DisneyFreak

I've never had a problem in PotC. I've been able to film that whole ride. Any ride that has video clippings in them...(AE, TimeKeeper, etc.)....cannot be taped because it would infringe against copywrite laws.

I attempted to tape it in 00 but they told me no videotaping. Probably afraid of someone losing their camcorder and suing. I did tape the preshow and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

It seems to be hit and miss on some of the attractions. One time on Star Tours we were told no taping and the next a guy in the back was blantantly filming.

Some of the newer camcorders can shut off the red dot and if it is using some kind of infrared beam to focus you can always set it to manual focus. Most of the attactions are pretty much set at one distance so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
The cast members allowed me to. Even if they don't I don't take it out till after the loading area.

That's encouraging to hear. That makes my job harder, knowing that i'm one of the few CM's that does my job. That's one of the reasons I left attractions.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Let's put the record straight:
I have a good amount of every single attraction on tape including parts of Alien Encounter and Buzz Lightyear. I amazingly have every part of the original Countdown to Extinction on tape in perfect color. I was so amazed I got the whole thing. It's our family's treasure.

kane

Original Poster
gonna tape it all!!

hey all, I'm going in Sept. and i'm gonna tape everything from attractions to around the park,MGM,and downtown disney!!I've got nightshot to get killer footage of the mansion.When I get back does anybody wanna swap tapes?(copies that is)

RogueHabit

Re: Wanna see something cool

Originally posted by Mikejakester
this goes to all the ppl with Nightshot options in their Camcorders

When you go to Disneys studios, go to The voyage of the little mermaid, once in it, take your camara set it to Night shot and watch the show thru the camara, you'll be in for a surprise!:D

I did this last year, word for the wise though; Don't show it to your 4 year old, they will be heartbroken.... :(

Same also works on The Lion King as well.:D

mkt

Premium Member
for those of you with common sense, kids, AND a belief in the disney magic, don't do that.

popkid

i think nightshot ruins the haunted mansion a bit... i suggest using your camera's slow shutter spead instead. it comes out a bit grainy, but that only adds to the 'haunted' feeling...

i've filmed space mountain with the camera facing myself and my girlfriend... that was a funny one, because all you see me laughing and her crouching in fear!!!

i'm looking forward to this next trip (august 24th) because i'll be bringing along a brand new mini-dv camera!! no attraction is safe now!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom