VIDEO - Take a look inside the stunning ballroom of the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant'

JustInTime

I think it looks great. Are there still going to be several room or did they cut it down to just one? I remember that there was going to be the West Wing and the Library as well.

filmy3

You know the whole thing looks really great! Just because it isn't the same angle as the concept art doesn't mean it isn't done as good as it. I'm sure Disney will make it beautiful.

Gregoryp73

It isn't so much (to me anyway) that it is off scale, but more that the ceiling looks a bit off. It isn't domed or vaulted, the mural is too large, and there is no gold overlay, but of course, they could be installing this now for all I know. I can't say that I know Disney will get it perfect, but I can sure hope so!

And also, take into consideration that if the room were "to scale," the acoustics would be terrible. You would be able to hear EVERYTHING constantly. Imagine the awful echo!!! May have been an intentional thing really.

Not to mention it would be impossible to accurately and promptly adjust the climate in the room. I believe that the room has guest comfort in mind with this room. It will WOW once done...all the nuances will be there. If people don't believe it, check out the detail on the rest of the expansion. It's much more than I expected.

When the doors open, the details will be there, and little eyes will light up all the same. Maybe even a few big ones too. :)

JLW11Hi

Not to mention it would be impossible to accurately and promptly adjust the climate in the room. I believe that the room has guest comfort in mind with this room. It will WOW once done...all the nuances will be there. If people don't believe it, check out the detail on the rest of the expansion. It's much more than I expected.

When the doors open, the details will be there, and little eyes will light up all the same. Maybe even a few big ones too. :)

I just watched the video again, along with the Ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast, and I think that a lot of these points make sense. It seems like they made the decision to scale it down to be realistic and make construction and maintenance easier while still replicating the feel of the film. They appear to be pushing the scale of the room wider vs taller since they need space for tables, and that might add to the perception of scale as well.

It is fun to watch the Ballroom scene from BatB and imagine all the other details that will end up in the restaurant. Shiny marble surfaces, blue banners, a grand piano, maybe?

jjharvpro

Because we're still a few months away from opening, I'm not going to say I love it or hate it. I really do like it though! :wave: It's hard to truly see what it will look like, in regards to scope and detail, from a video, but I do have a gut feeling that it'll be grand!

The Duck

However, the thing that interests me the most is the mural. The mural is suppose to be the forest surrounding the castle, and I think that sounds like a wonderful idea. Issue is though, from the video, it seems so dark and dreary. They spent a long time working on that mural, and as of right now, all the details are lost. I hope when it's in full effect, there will be some amazing lighting system for the mural, highlighting the art. But at the same time, it needs to look natural. A moon light effect, if you will.

There was a video posted a while back that showed the outdoors mural in closer detail. It's going to be a night time scene with a little patchy snow here and there. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a moonlight effect perhaps with twinkling starlight as well.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Looks like they are trying to address some worries fans have :)

They answered some questions asked right from these board...

And also addressed the fact that components going into the restaurant have to be "usable, functional and constructible."

devoy1701

Looks like they are trying to address some worries fans have :)

They answered some questions asked right from these board...

I was just going to say "is it just me or was the purpose of that video to directly address some of the questions/concerns we diehard fans had?"

Perhaps TDO (or maybe just WDI) are trying to work with us...i'll give them that much. I also notice that most of the video was shot from ground level in the center of the room which does give it a better feel. It's still not as grandious as the movie, but atleast the wall of windows does resemble the clip somewhat well though, it's still a little short. I'm still not sure about the columns and no dome, and the overall shape of the room. From the movie it appears to be more of an oval shape.

jakeman

I was just going to say "is it just me or was the purpose of that video to directly address some of the questions/concerns we diehard fans had?"

Perhaps TDO (or maybe just WDI) are trying to work with us...i'll give them that much. I also notice that most of the video was shot from ground level in the center of the room which does give it a better feel. It's still not as grandious as the movie, but atleast the wall of windows does resemble the clip somewhat well though, it's still a little short. I'm still not sure about the columns and no dome, and the overall shape of the room. From the movie it appears to be more of an oval shape.
Don't confuse patronization with cooperation.

The tone of that video was that of a parental eye roll given to a petulant child.

devoy1701

The tone of that video was that of a parental eye roll given to a petulant child.

I gathered that too. That's why I gave them a "perhaps" they are working with us. It still begs the question why they felt it necessary to post a video in direct response to our concerns anyway...regardless of the intended underlying meaning.

jakeman

I gathered that too. That's why I gave them a "perhaps" they are working with us. It still begs the question why they felt it necessary to post a video in direct response to our concerns anyway...regardless of the intended underlying meaning.
Perhaps to show that your concerns are based on an unfinished product and made up mostly of unsupported conclusions drawn from opinion?

Because maybe, just maybe, they are tired of the fan base's antics and this was a polite counterpoint to discredit those opinions as baseless?

devoy1701

Perhaps to show that your concerns are based on an unfinished product and made up mostly of unsupported conclusions drawn from opinion?

Because maybe, just maybe, they are tired of the fan base's antics and this was a polite counterpoint to discredit those opinions as baseless?

Or we're just getting to them. :drevil:

Gregoryp73

I do wonder if there was internal disagreements not to make the large windows diplaying the mural maybe skinnier?? I'm thinking a narrow window would have helped remedy the "looking to short" issue. But in the same sense, the mural wouldn't have been as visable.

jt04

I do wonder if there was internal disagreements not to make the large windows diplaying the mural maybe skinnier?? I'm thinking a narrow window would have helped remedy the "looking to short" issue. But in the same sense, the mural wouldn't have been as visable.

Exactly. It is not like we are talking about a major design oversight like a massive show building hurting the immersive quality of an attraction. This seems truly immersive while likely not breaking the budget.

It is rather beautiful in my opinion. Especially the lighting. I think we will all be pleased ultimately.

dreamscometrue

I think you are reading perhaps a tad too much into the 'tone'.

Having said that, you are no more guilty of that than most of us on these boards who have a particular predisposition towards...well, everything we discuss. To quote that great Supertramp song 'A Soapbox Opera'..."I hear, only what I want to hear..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom