(VIDEO) Pop Century - Refurbished Room Tour

Living The Dream

Original Poster
Glad it's of use.. they are so spacious. One thing we were a little concerned with was maybe we would hear people, joined to us, walking on the flooring. We didn't hear anything.

BAChicagoGal

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Not sure when/if I'll be returning to Pop/WDW, however, I would be happy to stay in one of those cool rooms.

BoarderPhreak

That's a pretty austere looking room... The only thing with details are the headboards. But then, that's a major differentiator between value, moderate, etc. That said, that's a nice room. Clean, modern - and that TV! I've stayed in high-end moderates that barely offered half that.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We stayed in the 90s section 2 weeks ago in a refurb'd room and I wasn't a fan. So much wasted space in an already small room. Thank goodness all we ever do is sleep/bathe there.

-I'm not a fan of no carpet. It was in the 20's & 30's at night when we were there and the floors were cold!
-The murphy bed setup is great if you're only using one bed but if you are needing it - the beside tables are useless. Also, if you're neighbors are putting up/putting down the murpy bed daily - you'll hear the noise through the walls.
-The rooms are SUPER bright when you have the lights on which if that's your thing ok. I thought it was too bright in the room.
-I kept banging my shins on the raised bed frames.
-The coffee/refrigerator dresser thing is a complete waste of space and if you're using the murphy bed cramps the room even more.
-The TVs are huge - for such a small room...why?
-The dresser is huge but it only has 3 drawers and the side with the safe has shelves - I'd rather have more drawers.

The bathroom/sink area is great! So much light and storage available - that I really liked!
Lots of power + USB outlets througout the room were a nice addition too.

Jthubb

We stayed in the 90s section 2 weeks ago in a refurb'd room and I wasn't a fan. So much wasted space in an already small room. Thank goodness all we ever do is sleep/bathe there.

-I'm not a fan of no carpet. It was in the 20's & 30's at night when we were there and the floors were cold!
-The murphy bed setup is great if you're only using one bed but if you are needing it - the beside tables are useless. Also, if you're neighbors are putting up/putting down the murpy bed daily - you'll hear the noise through the walls.
-The rooms are SUPER bright when you have the lights on which if that's your thing ok. I thought it was too bright in the room.
-I kept banging my shins on the raised bed frames.
-The coffee/refrigerator dresser thing is a complete waste of space and if you're using the murphy bed cramps the room even more.
-The TVs are huge - for such a small room...why?
-The dresser is huge but it only has 3 drawers and the side with the safe has shelves - I'd rather have more drawers.

The bathroom/sink area is great! So much light and storage available - that I really liked!
Lots of power + USB outlets througout the room were a nice addition too
I absolutely loved this updated room. Having a coffee maker in a value resort is great. The understated decor is perfect for adults without kids with them

Mainahman

im most excited for the coffee maker. Last trip i brought an electric tea pot for hot water for oatmeal before heading to the parks. This trip ive got a coffee maker! So excited!

beachlover4444

we enjoyed it but i have to say the floors are hard especially after walking all day. the room is ok for the price. they make the best use of the space that they can. someone on our bus last week hated the refurb rooms because they are "sterile". I said they are using minimal cloth fabric in part because bed bugs are becoming a huge issue in the hotel industry. beds on platforms, no cloth chairs or headboards, hardwood floors helps with this issue. i didnt mind the room but i would say get a high floor. we had 3rd our first time at POP then first fl last week and we heard people all the time on on the first floor, walking by outside and above us or next to us.

jhastings74

I really enjoyed the video! PoP has always been my favorite resort, so I welcome the updates! Everything looks great, but I do agree with BL444 that the carpet always felt SO good on my feet after walking all day. Hopefully now I can find some of the removed items for sale online and recreate the original PoP look in a guest room. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom