(VIDEO) Pop Century - Refurbished Room Tour

clarabellej

We just returned from Pop Century and stayed in the 60s section, building 5 in a refurbed room. At checkin they said it had just come online that week. It looked to me like half of the building was done at least on the first and second floors. We didn't go up to floor 3 or 4.
Forgot to ask how you liked it?🤗So, were you on the ground floor & if so, did you notice any difference in noise level with the laminate flooring? We don’t mind ground floor, just worried it might be noisier overhead with the new floors. It’s actually kind of nice to not deal with the elevators.

Sam_tarr

Forgot to ask how you liked it?🤗So, were you on the ground floor & if so, did you notice any difference in noise level with the laminate flooring? We don’t mind ground floor, just worried it might be noisier overhead with the new floors. It’s actually kind of nice to not deal with the elevators.
The top floor may have also been half done, we just didn't go up there. On the first two floors it looked like the same half of the building was complete. We did enjoy the rooms. I like the extra space with the bed up, all the outlets, and the fact that we can put suite cases under the bed. It may have been a little noisier with the new floors, but its hard to compare as we hadn't been in the old rooms for a year. That being said we didn't have any noise issues being on the second floor. Since we have a stroller I'd pick ground floor over any others.

clarabellej

So I went back in my online check in room location edit and it looks like I am too late 😩.
Somewhere along the line I put “highest floor/60s” and it stuck. It lets me go thru the motions, but updated requests don’t take. Wonder what odds are that I will get “old room” on high floor 60s. Help!!!! Has anyone seen renovated rooms up high in 60s? I didn’t think it would matter, but now it seems silly if after all the anticipation we don’t get a new room 😬.

allgiggles

So I went back in my online check in room location edit and it looks like I am too late 😩.
Somewhere along the line I put “highest floor/60s” and it stuck. It lets me go thru the motions, but updated requests don’t take. Wonder what odds are that I will get “old room” on high floor 60s. Help!!!! Has anyone seen renovated rooms up high in 60s? I didn’t think it would matter, but now it seems silly if after all the anticipation we don’t get a new room 😬.

This seems to happen frequently (not being able to change online check-in room location requests). Call the Disney reservation line and have them make the changes you want. If you used a travel agent, you will have to contact them and have them make the request with Disney. I've heard that they start assigning rooms about 4-5 days prior to arrival, so you sill have a day or two to get your requests added/changed. At worst, if you're not happy with your room location when you receive it, you can go to the front desk to see if they have something else available that better suits your needs. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but it never hurts to ask.

Sam_tarr

I think any rooms that are available in the 60s section are refurbished. I had read from other people that both of the buildings were completely closed a few weeks ago so all the old rooms in that section would be unavailable. You could always stop at the front desk when you arrive and ask for a new room if you didn't get one.

WDW 72

I was wondering if this was repaired.

Attachments

• ps (1 of 1).jpg
    ps (1 of 1).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 165

allgiggles

I was wondering if this was repaired.

Unfortunately, the pop jets were removed several years ago. It's been awhile since I walked to that area of the resort, but I think the Goofy statue and car might still be there for photo ops....but again, I haven't walked through there in awhile so they may be gone as well.

Aksmom

So, we are going mid-April. We booked a perferred pool-view in the 60's section. Anyone have a clue as to whether or not we will be fortunate enough to get a refurbished room? I've read through all the recent comments and am beginning to rethink our request. We love being on the 1st floor looking at the Hippy-Dippy pool, but since we only get to go every few years, I'd hate to miss the opportunity to be in a newly remodeled room.

clarabellej

Aksmom, I think you will be fine and chances are looking good for getting a refurbished room.
I was very pleasantly surprised when I received our room assignment today. We don’t arrive until after 9pm, but received our assignment before 2pm via text. I had signed up for this when we did online check in! I had heard that the lower floors in the 60s are done, so I changed my request to ground floor, 60s. That is exactly what we got!! Mickey had our backs after all 😁. We will be in building 5. We have a preferred room. We’ve stayed all over Pop and really love 60s best. Have a great trip! Beautiful time of year 🌼🐥🌷🌞🌿

Mainahman

We just checked out yesterday morning, from a week in a refurb room. We got the 90s building as we requested near a smoking area and ground floor, The rooms are nice, however id suggest folding up the bed every day just for ease entering the door when you get back with tons of goodies at night.

Mainahman

Unfortunately, the pop jets were removed several years ago. It's been awhile since I walked to that area of the resort, but I think the Goofy statue and car might still be there for photo ops....but again, I haven't walked through there in awhile so they may be gone as well.

Was just there yesterday morning by it, and it looks just the same as last time, a shell. the stuff is still there, just no water.

Aksmom

Aksmom, I think you will be fine and chances are looking good for getting a refurbished room.
I was very pleasantly surprised when I received our room assignment today. We don’t arrive until after 9pm, but received our assignment before 2pm via text. I had signed up for this when we did online check in! I had heard that the lower floors in the 60s are done, so I changed my request to ground floor, 60s. That is exactly what we got!! Mickey had our backs after all 😁. We will be in building 5. We have a preferred room. We’ve stayed all over Pop and really love 60s best. Have a great trip! Beautiful time of year 🌼🐥🌷🌞🌿

Aksmom

Clarabellej, thank you so much for the reply. I'm even more excited now....if that possible😁 I hope you guys have an amazing trip. May your lines be short, your days be dry, and your clock move slowly on your trip! 💜💛💚

clarabellej

Clarabellej, thank you so much for the reply. I'm even more excited now....if that possible😁 I hope you guys have an amazing trip. May your lines be short, your days be dry, and your clock move slowly on your trip! 💜💛💚
Thank you so much Aksmom! We are having a blast! I only had a little trouble conquering World Showcase on day 2. It gets me every time. I got a second wind and we spent all day in MK today. Beautiful weather, like having natural AC. Saw HEA for the first time. Tomorrow we will experience FOP. Oops, I mean today actually. I better get some sleep 😴. Really have enjoyed the new room 😊.

allgiggles

I have a preferred room booked for 2 weeks in October will the renovations be done by then?

Hopefully. They're currently working on buildings 3 & 4. Buildings 5-10 are complete. They have not started (to my knowledge) buildings 1 or 2. It takes almost 90 days to complete a building (though the last few have been closer to 70 days) and they seem to work on 2 buildings at a time. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the remaining buildings should all be finished by early fall (Sept/Oct). There are preferred rooms in the 70's and 60's that are already complete.

allgiggles

I think originally all renovations were supposed to be completed by May.

Yes, the original permits had an expiration of April. Unless they really kick it up with a lot more manpower, that deadline isn't going to happen. It was originally about a 15 month project but it took them 10 months to finish half of the project. Best speculation now is end of summer/early fall. I haven't checked back on the original permits to see if extensions were filed yet and if so, what is the new expiration date.

MichiganDisneyDad4

Hi All,
Well, we are 5 days away from our trip and staying at Pop!!! We have a prefered room and requested a refurbished room as well. Is there anything I can do to better my chances of getting the refurbed room?
Thanks!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom