Video from TTA and Skyway demo.

WDWFigment

That's some really nice video for being taken with a phone! This post probably needs the same graphic disclaimer as the photos posted the other day...

imagineer boy

I just noticed in the video, they brought back the spiel about Astro Orbiter on the TTA narration. For some reason it disapeared over the last couple of years.

muteki

It's hard to tell from the video, but does anybody know if the same Star Tunnel music is played on the TTA as you enter Space Mountain? It is possibly my most favorite piece of audio from all the parks, and this refurb has me worried they will remove it. Anyone know?

tslrocks

It's hard to tell from the video, but does anybody know if the same Star Tunnel music is played on the TTA as you enter Space Mountain? It is possibly my most favorite piece of audio from all the parks, and this refurb has me worried they will remove it. Anyone know?

Im pretty sure it was, ill ask my friend who I was with and let you know

janoimagine

It was hard to tell, but I thought he/she picked up a bit of it on the video.

sweetpee_1993

I haven't tried keeping up with the Space Mountain thread so forgive me. I just don't have that kind of time to wade thru all the conversational bits to find the info. I was looking at the video trying to tell exactly what they've done to the ride itself. Did anyone ever get any solid info or can you tell for sure from the video pieces if it was just the structure being replaced, just the track being replaced, or both? I could see where it looks like structure is being replaced. I couldn't see any gaps in the track to show track replacement. :shrug:

Thanks for the video! I'm praying they have SM open by January 8 - 17. I know, it's scheduled for November but just from past extensive refurb schedules I'm expecting December at the very earliest. I know they'll be pushing to have it open for the holidays. I'm crossing my fingers... :animwink:

And wowzers on that Skyway Station demo! I'm familiar with the station and all (we liked that ride when I was a kid) but didn't really give a lot of thought to how wide open that area will be now and how it will impact the skyline and all. Just woooow!

EpcotServo

Here is a better version that shows a bit more of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twnwDGCSQIA

Anybody notice the new music en route to Space Mountain?

Only it's not new music.

It's excerpts from the Tin Toy exhibit's BGM tracks!

It pays to know Japan.
:king:

Anyways, in that video you can clearly note the unchanged Rocket (From both top of ship to bottom), the untouched post show scenes, as well as supports with yellow markings the same as the old one.

I'm pretty sure they'll put up a banner above the TTA that says "Rehab Accomplished" in the next few days.

:dazzle: :lol:

Rob562

Did anyone notice that even though they're not rotating through various colors, the overhead lights on the TTA aren't all white? There are some random colors interspersed here and there.

-Rob

jt04

Did anyone notice that even though they're not rotating through various colors, the overhead lights on the TTA aren't all white? There are some random colors interspersed here and there.

-Rob

Yep, I'm thinking they have not decided how to use the lights capabilities yet. But I do find it interesting also, that they seem to have control over every light individually and as a groups. The only limit is their imagination now.

Most important news is the Epcot model seems as good as ever! :)

EPCOTPluto

Anybody notice the new music en route to Space Mountain?

Only it's not new music.

It's excerpts from the Tin Toy exhibit's BGM tracks!

It pays to know Japan. :king:
Hmmm... I do know from somewhere that the Tomorrowland BGM changes for the MNSSHP, and features Isao Tomita among other artists.

Probably just a coincidence, but still... :king::lol:

Still pretty interesting to know that that music was familiar. Knowing I have "Arabesque I" from the Tin toy exhibit. Lovely track. :D

DisneyDrum

Anyways, in that video you can clearly note the unchanged Rocket (From both top of ship to bottom), the untouched post show scenes, as well as supports with yellow markings the same as the old one.

I'm pretty sure they'll put up a banner above the TTA that says "Rehab Accomplished" in the next few days.

:dazzle: :lol:

I don't know about the supports. They certainly look in better shape than before the rehab. Whether this is just because they've painted them or because of the new work lights I don't know. I'd like to hear more people's opinions about this-it's the best look at what they're actually doing we've gotten since the whole dumpster monitoring thing.

janoimagine

I don't know about the supports. They certainly look in better shape than before the rehab. Whether this is just because they've painted them or because of the new work lights I don't know. I'd like to hear more people's opinions about this-it's the best look at what they're actually doing we've gotten since the whole dumpster monitoring thing.

Yeah but lets hope they paint them flat black again. If they remain white your going to see them the whole ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom