VIDEO - First look inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the new Fantasyland

NADisney

I presume WDI will add artifical trees,flowers, and shrubs along the windows with a projection scrim between the plants and mural to have continuise snowfall and twinkling lights.

The Red Rose will be the center pieace of the Beasts West Wing room . I hope with the room will change with each drop of the rose's petal - Just like it does in the Beasts Library inside Disney Animation Attration at Disney California Adventure. It was so spectacular to see the room go from bright and cheery to dark , dismal , and scary... wish I had the video of the room to explain the effect.

whylightbulb

It made it look very extravagant. xD But as stated in one of the comments, acoustical issues would make a lot of sense for the elimination of the dome. Imagine every single table's conversations being heard all at once! It would be audio chaos. Anyway, I'm impressed. This place is going to look gorgeous when it's all painted an furnished!
Having a dome and hearing other tables' conversations doesn't seem to hurt Victoria and Alberts.

whylightbulb

It looks good - but c'mon, it's a giant sticker mural. This video was released purely to gain some press on the same day Spiderman reopened. Why don't they release something unique and purely Disney. Murals like this are created daily for movie sets, etc.

I'm excited for this project and any news is good news, but this just isn't a newsworthy item to me. If this is the kind of stuff they are hoping will wow guests, I think we have bigger things to worry about.
This!!! Exactly!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Why is everyone getting all worked up over the circus and the mural? It is for this very reason that Disney continues to get away with mediocrity - the fans and guests that don't know any better will continue to prasie Disney for whatever subpar product they dish out.

CountryBearFan

This!!! Exactly!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Why is everyone getting all worked up over the circus and the mural? It is for this very reason that Disney continues to get away with mediocrity - the fans and guests that don't know any better will continue to prasie Disney for whatever subpar product they dish out.

You and ISTC are completely wrong! You need to quit insulting us all! :mad:

ChristianG

This!!! Exactly!

Agreed. That's why I hate when I see people back at home and they're like "That stitch escape ride was soo good!!!! I also loved that Dinosaur area with the mini games!!"

Makes me mad a bit.

Although I will say that the mural does look good, and so does the rest of the building, except the ceiling of course.

lol.

whylightbulb

I can see how you might take it as an insult if you happen to like what Disney is putting out but it is intended more as a means to vent my frustration at how all the praise only encourages the useless drones in TDO and higher to continue to lower the bar in themed entertainment and the Disney standard.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard management use the excuse that, based on the positive feedback they get from the online community, they must be doing the right things.

Anyway what specifically are we wrong about?

djkidkaz

This!!! Exactly!

You work for Universal right? :rolleyes:

The_CEO

So Universal just finishes pumping what I would assume to be a few million into a refresh of Spider-Man, and Disney lays dormant on their Everest investment? When are they going to just close it and bring it back to it's morning glory?!

KingdomofDreams

...The Red Rose will be the center pieace of the Beasts West Wing room . I hope with the room will change with each drop of the rose's petal - Just like it does in the Beasts Library inside Disney Animation Attration at Disney California Adventure. It was so spectacular to see the room go from bright and cheery to dark , dismal , and scary... wish I had the video of the room to explain the effect.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Sad to say, so far I'm underwhelmed by most of what I've seen. Very disappointing that there's no dome, since that is the stunning centerpiece of the ballroom. Also, the recent photos of the Storybook Circus area don't really impress me either. I understand it's not done and I don't want to judge too much until everything is complete, but I can only say I've been following the progress of DCA online and at every step I've gotten more and more excited by what they're doing out there. Not so much with the FLE.

And I don't work for Uni either. And I'm not a devoted DL fan. I'm a Disney fan who has huge love for WDW. I just call 'em like I see 'em no matter how sad it makes me to do so.

The_CEO

NA - If you recall the video Disney released, they mention they are trying to capture a "moment in time" and will not have the transitions between the Rose Pedals. :)

whylightbulb

You work for Universal right? :rolleyes:
As Lee points out, I don't always do work for Universal. But I assume you are insinuating that because I presumably do most of my work with Universal that I have have an axe to grind with Disney and therefore obviously have an agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It only helps me when Disney or any entertainment company puts out quality product. That means that I have more work and a more impressive CV/portfolio. It hurts when Disney is cheap and lazy because for many years they have set the standard and many companies followed their lead. Universal isn't perfect but at least they are willing to raise their own standards and surpass Disney in many ways.

If you come back and tell me that the Circus props and the amazing BATB mural are more exciting than the ultra immersive Potter phase II in the works now than I would say you have closed your mind and are partial to Disney no matter what they offer.

The_CEO

As Lee points out, I don't always do work for Universal. But I assume you are insinuating that because I presumably do most of my work with Universal that I have have an axe to grind with Disney and therefore obviously have an agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It only helps me when Disney or any entertainment company puts out quality product. That means that I have more work and a more impressive CV/portfolio. It hurts when Disney is cheap and lazy because for many years they have set the standard and many companies followed their lead. Universal isn't perfect but at least they are willing to raise their own standards and surpass Disney in many ways.

If you come back and tell me that the Circus props and the amazing BATB mural are more exciting than the ultra immersive Potter phase II in the works now than I would say you have closed your mind and are partial to Disney no matter what they offer.

I do have to say, it does seem that Uni is spending a large chunk of change solidifying their future in the theme park business for a few years to come. I wouldn't really say that the entire land they are revamping is breathtaking but more of an essential overhaul that was going to happen sooner or later.

sponono88

The Red Rose will be the center pieace of the Beasts West Wing room . I hope with the room will change with each drop of the rose's petal - Just like it does in the Beasts Library inside Disney Animation Attration at Disney California Adventure. It was so spectacular to see the room go from bright and cheery to dark , dismal , and scary... wish I had the video of the room to explain the effect.

this video shows the effect you're talking about, it is quite nice :)

[youtube]dDmmlKt9f-A[/youtube]

WDW1974

This!!! Exactly!

You aren't taking pills (although I will say mine definitely help in dealing with the absurdity that runs rampant in the fan community!:D) ... fans are so used to either staleness or mediocrity from Disney in O-town that they'll get excited about anything.

Wait until they reopen Dumbo in a new locale ... and the train station and the barnstormer with new paint and props. They'll be so proud, you'd think this was WWoHP ... or EPCOT Center.

~Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Europa Park? Perhaps both ...~

WDW1974

So Universal just finishes pumping what I would assume to be a few million into a refresh of Spider-Man, and Disney lays dormant on their Everest investment? When are they going to just close it and bring it back to it's morning glory?!

I find the Spidey rehab to truly be amazing (according to friends who have ridden) and ironic ... here you have an attraction that raised the bar in O-Town in 1999 ... one that Disney still hasn't equaled ... and now it is plussed and looks and sounds brand new and has a few new details tossed in.

But now, the ride represents a Disney owned property. Yet, Disney still can't build an attraction like it on its property.

~I love irony almost as much as sarcasm!~

WDW1974

You do realize that there are folks who truly are addicted to Disney marketing and Pixie Dust? Seriously.

~Another Saturday Night ... and I'm still not hosting SNL ... yet!~

whylightbulb

I find the Spidey rehab to truly be amazing (according to friends who have ridden) and ironic ... here you have an attraction that raised the bar in O-Town in 1999 ... one that Disney still hasn't equaled ... and now it is plussed and looks and sounds brand new and has a few new details tossed in.

But now, the ride represents a Disney owned property. Yet, Disney still can't build an attraction like it on its property.

~I love irony almost as much as sarcasm!~
Yes Spiderman has certainly been one of the attractions to beat and now that is is even better Disney is further behind in Orlando. Even Bush Gardens in Williamsburg has Darkastle, which in my opinion, is as good if not better than Spiderman, and now they are getting Verbotin (or however you spell it) and I hear this is going to be quite nice. So Bush Gardens is putting out better quality than Disney now. Ahhhh how I long for the days when Disney in Orlando cared and put out a product worthy of their name.

WDW1974

Yes Spiderman has certainly been one of the attractions to beat and now that is is even better Disney is further behind in Orlando. Even Bush Gardens in Williamsburg has Darkastle, which in my opinion, is as good if not better than Spiderman, and now they are getting Verbotin (or however you spell it) and I hear this is going to be quite nice. So Bush Gardens is putting out better quality than Disney now. Ahhhh how I long for the days when Disney in Orlando cared and put out a product worthy of their name.

I just found out BGW will be open when I'm a few hours away in North Carolina and I'm gonna try and get myself there.

It is the only park in the USA that I haven't been to that I want to see.

As to Disney ... well, they haven't raised the bar in O-Town since last century now. And they have nothing coming that even comes close to equaling the bar UNI has set.

Yet, they're the best ...:rolleyes:

~At BSing their core!~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom