VIDEO - First look inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the new Fantasyland

DznyRktekt

I would venture to guess if the dome was part of the initial design, it may have been value engineered out of the final incarnation. Acoustical issues could have also played a part in a decision to not bring a dome into a restaurant setting. Imagine sitting on one side of the room and being able to hear a normal voiced conversation clearly on the other side of the room. May be the case, maybe not. It looks like it is going to be a great place!

gonnichi

Hey this is my first reply, I hope I do it right and won't get anyone here mad at me. It seems that alot of people here have anger problems about other peoples anger issues about people who are too negative. Well I really like how the mural looks, cant wait to see it in person. I do have some problems with it, like not having the dome. The movies uses the dome or ceiling so well, we seem to fly over the room. It will be great to see the whole room once it is all finished. Well if i dont get too many negative comments I hope to reply again. Sorry if I have any typing or grammer problems. lol.

NoChesterHester

Welcome Gonnichi!

I see a lot of construction and seeing the video only makes me wonder... Why will this not be open until November again?

They are doing finish work. Trim and paint and interior treatments... You don't install wall murals until you are sure it won't be installed by more construction.

All I'm saying is that if this were the real world and construction was at the point it appears in the video everyone would be pressing for an April opening... Not six months from now.

yeti

Hey this is my first reply, I hope I do it right and won't get anyone here mad at me. It seems that alot of people here have anger problems about other peoples anger issues about people who are too negative. Well I really like how the mural looks, cant wait to see it in person. I do have some problems with it, like not having the dome. The movies uses the dome or ceiling so well, we seem to fly over the room. It will be great to see the whole room once it is all finished. Well if i dont get too many negative comments I hope to reply again. Sorry if I have any typing or grammer problems. lol.

Be honest, be nice, and don't be foolish. You'll get yelled at for your execution, not your opinions. Though there are several who warrant "getting mad" at...

I agree with what you said, BTW. Doesn't make a huge difference to me. Truth be told, I'm not incredibly excited about the restaurant anyway.

Prototype82

i was thinking the same thing. wheres the dome!!???? that made it look soooo much more extravagent! (did i spell that right?)
It made it look very extravagant. xD But as stated in one of the comments, acoustical issues would make a lot of sense for the elimination of the dome. Imagine every single table's conversations being heard all at once! It would be audio chaos. Anyway, I'm impressed. This place is going to look gorgeous when it's all painted an furnished!

PalisadesPkteer

Question: Will that background reflect the time of day?? I mean, wouldn't it be weird to be dining in a restaurant during the day with a background of a starry night sky??? It wouldn't personally bother me, I think it is going to look fantastic... I'm just wondering if this is something that Imagineering is including in the restaurant...

The Sci - Fi Dine In Restaurant has also got a constant starry night theme.

Never had a problem with it . And I have been to the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland 2 times. A great restaurant with great atmosphere.

Ignohippo

That ceiling is completely flat. After looking at the pics earlier, I was hoping I didn't see it right and that they could install some kind of moulding and add the effect to the ceiling later. But no, there's no room for something like that.

They're so talented, my hope is that they'll use some kind of painting effect to create the illusion. Otherwise, they've succeeded in making what should be a grand ballroom look like a mess hall. It's odd they'd spend hundreds of millions of dollars and then go cheap on one of the most important features. :shrug:

Captain Chaos

The Sci - Fi Dine In Restaurant has also got a constant starry night theme.

Never had a problem with it . And I have been to the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland 2 times. A great restaurant with great atmosphere.

I get that, and it isn't an issue with me either.. it also goes with the theme though Sci-fi is a drive in theater and you aren't going to a drive in theater during the day.. so the night theme is necessary...

With the way they like to make thing interactive today, i was just wondering if the mural was going to be done in such a way where it transforms from night to day... It isn't a big deal... I think, when this is all done, the restaurant will look fantastic...

Rob562

Welcome Gonnichi!

I see a lot of construction and seeing the video only makes me wonder... Why will this not be open until November again?

They are doing finish work. Trim and paint and interior treatments... You don't install wall murals until you are sure it won't be installed by more construction.

All I'm saying is that if this were the real world and construction was at the point it appears in the video everyone would be pressing for an April opening... Not six months from now.

There's a heck of a lot of stuff between Fantasyland and the restaurant that isn't built yet... Hard to open a restaurant if there isn't a way to *get* to it.

There's also no way of knowing what stage of construction the kitchen spaces are in.

-Rob

NoChesterHester

There's a heck of a lot of stuff between Fantasyland and the restaurant that isn't built yet... Hard to open a restaurant if there isn't a way to *get* to it.

There's also no way of knowing what stage of construction the kitchen spaces are in.

-Rob

No way it needs to take six more months. Snail's pace.

ctxak98

Im very excited to see the progress. I think it looks great. I wish the dome was in there too but I guess it is just a eating place. Idk we will have to see and wait for the final product!:)

Ignohippo

No way it needs to take six more months. Snail's pace.

I think/hope we're a lot closer than they're letting on as well. If they're that far along on the dining hall, they have to be nearly finished with the kitchen, etc. My only concern is how long it will take imagineering to finish it once construction is done. Seems like it took 2 months+ for them to get TLM up and running once everything was installed and a couple of weeks just to install some pre-school equipment in the Pooh queue.

I would've thought putting a tent together and filling it with merchandise wouldn't have taken nearly this long as well. You'd think getting the top merchandise location in the park up and running for the opening of CircusLand would have gotten fast-tracked.

mouseology

REAL WORLD is the key phrase! :lol:
This isn't some run-of-the-mill restaurant going up, this is a Disney dining experience being built in one of the most (if not THE most) popular theme parks in the world. There's a lot of hype for this expansion, and the social media managers are EXPERTS at creating it. Showing a cool "behind the scenes" video is something that fans love. And even, releasing something like this now instead of a few months down the road gives someone the opportunity to book a vacation for when the BoG is supposed to open. I'm just saying, Disney knows exactly what they're doing when it comes to constructing certain parts and showing off their latest projects. (Take the BatB Castle, for example. They're quoted saying that was a priority to keep guests interested in the construction)

----

At first I was skeptical at seeing the real-life interior. I always fall for the magic of concept art and its certain level of romanticism. But we have to keep in mind, it's a work in progress. First, we're seeing the big room being lit solely by what's to be the chandelier. Anyone who studies animation or lighting design knows that one-source lighting makes any environment look smaller, creating harsh shadows and unappealing depth. Also, the ceiling looks really untrue to the film now, but I bet WDI will make it look stunning. They're masters at smart painting effects and illusions. It's obviously unfinished (no texture, white color), so we'll have to wait and see what they do with it. I'm excited to see how they'll pull of the coffers!

Overall I'm excited about the restaurant. Everyone will have preconcieved ideas and expectations of how it'll be and I have faith that WDI will deliver :animwink:

pppapazo

As I understand, Lumiere will be carted around, entertaining guests. An AA.

So, the new Lumiere AA will be featured in both the Be Our Guest restaurant and the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction? I recall hearing they were also building a Wardrobe AA for the latter. Anyone know if that is still the case?

Animaniac93-98

Here's a screencaps from the movie for comparison sake;

http://hq55.com/disney/bb/beauty-disneyscreencaps.com-7085.jpg

If you go to the 2:00 mark in the video you not only can see that the dome is absent, but the hight of the windows are lower too. I guess noise and space issues were they main reasons they didn't build it to the "real" movie scale.

Having said all this, I'm sure they place will still look great and I'm curious about how the other rooms will look too.

mouseology

Another question~ he said "starry sky"...and I'm not seeing any stars in the mural. Anyone know what kind of lighting effects they're going to add for the stars?

ISTCrew20

It looks good - but c'mon, it's a giant sticker mural. This video was released purely to gain some press on the same day Spiderman reopened. Why don't they release something unique and purely Disney. Murals like this are created daily for movie sets, etc.

I'm excited for this project and any news is good news, but this just isn't a newsworthy item to me. If this is the kind of stuff they are hoping will wow guests, I think we have bigger things to worry about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom