VIDEO - First look inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the new Fantasyland

Captain Chaos

Question: Will that background reflect the time of day?? I mean, wouldn't it be weird to be dining in a restaurant during the day with a background of a starry night sky??? It wouldn't personally bother me, I think it is going to look fantastic... I'm just wondering if this is something that Imagineering is including in the restaurant...

devoy1701

Very nice! While I love the effect of the mural behind those magnificent ballroom windows, I wish the mural wasn't blocked! It looks absolutely stunning!

HMF

Question: Will that background reflect the time of day?? I mean, wouldn't it be weird to be dining in a restaurant during the day with a background of a starry night sky??? It wouldn't personally bother me, I think it is going to look fantastic... I'm just wondering if this is something that Imagineering is including in the restaurant...

The exact same argument applied to Radiator Springs Racers is happening on micechat right now. However, the key is suspending your disbelief. The Blue Bayou at Disneyland is set in an eternal night time but it does not seem to be a problem there.
BTW, He said "Disney Hollywood Studios". Does anyone else think that's a sign of another name change?

RunnerEd

The exact same argument applied to Radiator Springs Racers is happening on micechat right now. However, the key is suspending your disbelief. The Blue Bayou at Disneyland is set in an eternal night time but it does not seem to be a problem there.
BTW, He said "Disney Hollywood Studios". Does anyone else think that's a sign of another name change?

As is the restaurant in the Mexico pyramid and I love going there for lunch. Coming out at 1:00pm....very bright! I don't see this as a problem either.

Captain Chaos

I know, it is themed after the movie and the ballroom scene happened at night (was a wonderful scene by the way)... I was just wondering if Imagineering was going to try to add something in there to make the mural interactive with the actual outside time of day... Like I said, doesn't bother me cause it really adds to the ambiance of the dining room... Gives it a real "upper class" feel, if those are the right words...

And as to the second point: I wish they would just change it to Disney's Hollywood... lose the studios part...

devoy1701

I know, it is themed after the movie and the ballroom scene happened at night (was a wonderful scene by the way)... I was just wondering if Imagineering was going to try to add something in there to make the mural interactive with the actual outside time of day... Like I said, doesn't bother me cause it really adds to the ambiance of the dining room... Gives it a real "upper class" feel, if those are the right words...

And as to the second point: I wish they would just change it to Disney's Hollywood... lose the studios part...

They do pull this off on the Disney Dream and Fantasy in the Enchanted Garden (name?) Dining Hall. I don't know if they use screens for the entire thing, I would assume it's a mural on the ceiling. So it's not out of the question. Though you're right about the moving scene is strictly in the evening.

pppapazo

It looks like it's coming together quite nicely. My only question would be about the ceiling. In the final shots of the video, it looks like it's flat. I wonder if they're still planning on adding that beautiful domed ceiling and chandelier.

Bork Bork

I hope more interior footage is coming. I'd love to see the inside of the train station.

I remember reading somewhere (probably here) that there was to be a snowfall effect that could be turned on at Christmas. Now that would look cool!

Prototype82

It looks like it's coming together quite nicely. My only question would be about the ceiling. In the final shots of the video, it looks like it's flat. I wonder if they're still planning on adding that beautiful domed ceiling and chandelier.
I wouldn't count on the dome. The chandelier, yes.

jjharvpro

AMAZING! SO happy to finally see news from inside BoG! It looks incredible and I can't wait to eat there, enjoy the delicious food, and take in the awesome atmosphere. This is going to bring something so new and fresh, but brilliant to MK.

And, as someone else posted, Chris Beatty told me at the Expo that there will be a snowfall effect!

HMButler79

Ok, really guys, WHY did they even bother with this? A video of a unfinished, stark white ballroom (the scale is off to me, not huge enough), and a mural that looks like it was painted by that "Happy Tree" guy. This was an obvious attempt to TRY and get us to NOT talk about Spiderman reopening. Nice try......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom