Victoria and Alberts

jsfra209

Has anyone ever been to this resturant? Is the food good? Is it expensive? How much per plate approx?

My fiancee made reservations and is really giddy about it. I'm kinda thinking its pricey .. but I 've never heard of it..

jcat2312

You were right to think it would be pricey...I do believe this is the only WDW restaurant that require men to wear jackets. The food is excellent, but again it is pretty pricey. Each meal will cost more than $25.

If money isn't that much of an option, go for it. It sounds like you girlfriend has her heart set on it.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I have never been, but I do know it is very expensive. You also want to make sure you pack some nice clothes b/c in order to get in the door, you have to be dressed up. (Men have to wear jackets, I believe). For more information visit All Ears

***Darn it! You guys beat me to it! Stupid dial up internet!!!

Upvote 0

longfamily

This restaurant is GREAT!!!! It's $100 per person which includes a seven course meal plus an amuse bouche (pre-appetizer). You are able to pair wine with each course for an additional cost.

This is a very high end place. You sit in a dim room, a harpist plays in the background, you are waited on hand and foot by two servers (cleverly named Victoria & Albert). Everything is done with elegance and grace, it truely is a beautiful experience. This is the type of place where all of your food looks like art but tastes like heaven.

The only thing I would advise is to forego the cheese plate and choose the sorbet unless you really like exotic cheeses.

At the end of the meal, you will recieve a rose and you will get to keep your menus (change daily) and they will have your names on them engraved in gold. These actually are on your table when you get there.

Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

crazycalf

It is the best.
I have been there twice.
It is $95 a person for the meal. Wine and drinks are additional.
If you decide to go the Grand Mariner Souflete is awesome.
It is a great romantic resturant.
It is also a very long meal, 2 1/2 to 3 hrs.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I'll be there in a week and a half. I'm really excited. I've been wanting to go for over five years, ever since I found out about it too late and couldn't get reservations. Then each trip back, there was some reason I couldn't make it. The anticipation is tremendous. I can't wait!

Upvote 0

crazycalf

We wanted to go to the chef's table last time, but my wife called to late.

The chef's table books up the fastest of all resturants as there is only 1 seating a night and I think you have to book 180 days out.

Upvote 0

disneybonbon

It's definitely quite pricey, but I thought it was worth it, mostly because it's something I wouldn't normally do. I was amazed at how tasty the food was, but especially how interesting.

If you're not driving, I would recommend taking a cab. The rates I thought were pretty reasonable, but you can maybe check with guest relations. I mention this because my mom and I went, and we felt a bit silly in with dressy clothes and roses sitting at the bus stop at Grand Floridian and again at Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I always love seeing this topic come up on the boards...
Next to an unplanned trip to Disney, V&A's is our favorite Disney indulgence. The food is just wonderful, the wine pairings superior and the ambiance. While elegant, it is not stuffy. To just relax for 2 1/2 or so ours, eating leisurely and really enjoying the different wines makes for a real special time. You don't even think about the time passing.

One sidebar, the Disney Dining Experience card is good here (except for chef's table), so that alone will pay for the card.

Some menu examples on Debs site (great place for planning Disney meals) are: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_va.htm

Enjoy

Upvote 0

WDFAN1977

My wife and I will be dining there when we go to WDW in July/August. I can't wait. I don't mean to high jack your thread but I am staying at the FWL. Isn't there a boat that can take us to the GF.

Upvote 0

longfamily

WDFAN1977 said:
My wife and I will be dining there when we go to WDW in July/August. I can't wait. I don't mean to high jack your thread but I am staying at the FWL. Isn't there a boat that can take us to the GF.

Yes. You can take a boat from the FWL to Magic Kingdom and transfer to the GF boat there. Or you can boat over to the Contemporary and take the monorail to GF. I'm pretty sure there are other ways. But here are atleast two.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We have always made them a few months out and haven't had a problem (nothing like Cinderella's Castle). The only real exception is the Chef's table that does book well in advance.

When you make your call, there is a separate line for V&A's because they require a bit more information. For example, with it being your 2nd ? (I forget, sorry) Anniversary, that will be included on your personalized menu as well as the wait staff acknowledging it. We have celebrated 2 anniversaries there and it is just a perfect time.

disneybonbon: I mention this because my mom and I went, and we felt a bit silly in with dressy clothes and roses sitting at the bus stop at Grand Floridian and again at Downtown Disney.

Unlike disneybonbon, we kind of enjoy getting really dressed for an evening out. Guess I don't mind standing out for a good reason. (no worse than heading to MK for MNSSHP in a costume :lol: ). You also seem to get a bit more attention from CM's. I always say jacket and tie, although (before longfamily corrects me again) technically it's only jacket, but I would say 95% of the guys do have ties on, and besides, if you have a suit or jacket on, how much more effort is the tie?

Drifting somewhat, Pippa, if you plan on doing some other nice restaurants for your Anniversary trip, while not quite V&A's, if you go to Artist Point (WL) or Cinderella's Castle for dinner do make it a point to tell them it's your Anniversary as they do some special things. I'm not sure if any of the other top restaurants have formal touches or not. Make the most out of it!

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

chef's table awesome!

DH and I did the chef's table on our anniversary - truly an experience that will never be forgotten.

V & A allows you to feel like a king/queen -- no waiting for server to finish waiting on someone else - each Victoria and Albert pair is there FOR YOU ONLY. Very heady stuff!

Food is amazing. Well worth the $$. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I did have a major FOPAH on one visit.
Having coffee (I continue to be amazed by those coffee...a...thingies), anyway, I finished a cup quickly, and without thinking, reached over to pour myself some more...well, as soon as my hand touched the handle, Two Victoria's and one Albert appeared immediately to address that task. I only felt a little stupid... :eek:

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

I might also add, it is not a place for children. Time between courses is long and not to be offensive, hearing children scream or have temper tantrums while some are paying a lot of money to be pampered is NOT WELCOMED. I do love children, but there is a time and place for everything, and this is not a time or place for children.

Upvote 0

longfamily

Gail Hayden said:
I might also add, it is not a place for children. Time between courses is long and not to be offensive, hearing children scream or have temper tantrums while some are paying a lot of money to be pampered is NOT WELCOMED. I do love children, but there is a time and place for everything, and this is not a time or place for children.

Although there is no actual policy stating that children are not welcomed, the simple fact is that they are strongly discouraged. Gail is absolutely right. How many children can be entertained by a quiet atmosphere? For those parents considering this restaurant, there are kids clubs available in close proximity that your children can go to (and they have their own meal there too!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom