Victoria & Alberts..is it really worth it?

hls1023

Original Poster
My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st wedding annivesary this November. We will be visiting WDW Nov 9th-11th. I was thinking of making dinner reservations at V&A's because I thought it would be romantic. I am aware however how expensive it is. I was quoted the price of $115 pp. Forget that it is in a WDW resort for a second and can someone tell me how it compares to other resteraunts in that price range? :)

JikoMarie

We made ressies for Vic & Al's chef's table so obviously we think it's worth it. My fiance is a cook and new about Vic & Al's before he knew much about WDW. It's a five star restaurant and the only one in Central Florida. I haven't eaten there so someone else will have to give you a first hand account but I think that it looks like an experience that is hard to find elsewhere. If you enjoy fine dining, I would encourage you to give it a try.

slappy magoo

Sorry, I've never eaten there. It is very expensive, but really, not more so than other "5 star" resturants in any metro area. And I've never heard of a negative review. Ever. At the very least, it should prove to be a unique experience. Even if you don't like it, it's one of those stories you'll tell people for years "Yes we spent THAT much for duck gonad surprise!" or whatever they'll serve you. :lol:

Tara Stone

We have eaten at V & A's many times and will continue. It is truly one of my favorite places to eat anywhere...not just in WDW. The service is ALWAYS impeccable, and the food top notch. The menu changes weekly but there are some items that appear pretty regularly such as the Kobe beef...my Husbands favorite! My absolute fav thing is the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate souffle.....you must have it. I don't think in all the times we have gone we have I have ever ordered any other dessert. Plan for at least two hours for this meal though. It's slow moving and you definately want to savor it. I say it is definately worth the price. :p

davinakb

I've only been lucky enough to eat there once, at the Chef's Table no less, and it was wonderful (we're going back this fall). The menu is posted here. Judging the value or "worth" is trickier, as V&A is the most expensive place at Disney, and as the only 5 star/diamond place, it's in its own price class.

That said, it is a lovely, elegant room; very fine dining with china and linens; excellent service; Quiet and romantic, none of the straight-from-the-park-crowd as the dress code is enforced. The food is creative and delicious, the wine (optional) well-paired.

We are foodies and enjoy a nice meal, and do not mind treating ourselves to a dining experience once in a while. If you and your husband are food and wine [SIZE=-1]connoisseurs and appreciate the experience of a nice meal, then I'd say it'd be worth it.

If you're not, or are really on a budget, may I suggest checking out the menus/pricing at Jiko, Artist Point or California Grill. These will also give you a very nice, romantic anniversary dinner. FWIW. [/SIZE]

TravisMT81

I really enjoyed the place, we had the private room off from the main dining room. Now I am a meat and potatos boy so it was not as filling to me. Though I really just enjoyed the whole experience service aspect of it.

I think you should experience it at least once in your life!

The Mom

Premium Member
It looks expensive, but we've paid that much before. I'm just not sure I would want to devote a whole WDW evening to it; I'm usually only there for a couple of days at a time.

I'm not sure I could eat Muscovy duck. Those are those ugly ducks that you see in all the ponds around here. :hurl: I guess I'd rather eat pretty animals? :lookaroun I would also want to know how many glasses of wine you get for that $55 charge; knowing WDW prices, only one. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom