News Victoria & Albert’s awarded MICHELIN Star

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I guess that explains Yachtsman on the phone asking, “how many Israels you got?”
Imagineering hadn't perfected cloning yet. It surprises me that Disney hasn't lured Israel into a position to impact more restaurants but if he likes working with guests it's possible he's turned down other roles.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
First, Topolino’s, where it became the highest-rated restaurant in WDW. Then at Citricos where it jumped in the ratings.

Israel is worth a solid 5 points in any guest survey, at least. Not kidding.

Having eaten at both of those while V&A’s was closed this doesn’t surprise me. I was astounded at the quality of meal we had at Citrico’s a few years back. It completely blew me away.

Chef Mickey

I thought working at WDW wasn’t a career? That’s what the experts told me!

*sarcasm off* - Glad to see Victoria & Alberts is still such a quality dining experience. I have to wonder if Iger and company are proud of that or do they think they are wasting money since another character meal would certainly be more profitable in that location?
I know you were joking, but you can literally make anything a career if you're good at it. There are professional servers that make well into the 6 figures and do a fantastic job elevating guest experiences.

If you take your job seriously and do good work, the sky is the limit.

TrainsOfDisney

I know you were joking, but you can literally make anything a career if you're good at it. There are professional servers that make well into the 6 figures and do a fantastic job elevating guest experiences.
Oh indeed - my Disney World and Disneyland visits have been so magical because of the CM’s that have made Disney an incredible career. Which is why I get so mad when people say “ Disney isn’t a career” - it’s people like Israel that we need!!!!

BuddyThomas

From another site:

The Dining Room:
7 course Prix Fixe Menu Begins at $295 per Guest. Wine Pairings are additional and begin at $150 or $110 for zero proof per guest.

Queen Victoria:
10-course Prix Fixe Menu with French gueridon service $375 per guest. Wine Pairings are an additional cost and begin at $210 or $145 for zero proof per guest.

Chef’s table:
7-10 course Prix Fixe Menu $425 per guest. Wine Pairings begin at $210 or $145 for zero proof per guest.
So the least expensive dinner at this place for a party of two with wine pairings and a 25% tip is $1,110.00????? Not sure how so many people can comfortably afford this but more power to you, I guess. I’m not spending more than my monthly rent on a dinner. I don’t care how many fancy stars they have.

TrainsOfDisney

So the least expensive dinner at this place for a party of two with wine pairings and a 25% tip is $1,110.00????? Not sure how so many people can comfortably afford this but more power to you, I guess. I’m not spending more than my monthly rent on a dinner. I don’t care how many fancy stars they have.
7 courses for $290 isn’t that bad really.

Grand Floridian is pretty ideal with restaurants for pretty much all budgets.

TrainsOfDisney

I was talking about the overall payment, with wine pairing and tip for a party of two. I realize that price means nothing to many on here but speaking only for myself, it is prohibitively expensive.
I wonder if you can get wine by the glass?

I’ve never eaten there myself but many would think my lunch at Brown Derby was crazy expensive compared to a ronto wrap!

Bocabear

It's not just another restaurant...and it is not for everyone... It is a spectacular dining adventure...And not something you would do every day or even every year... It's special. There are plenty of other restaurants onsite that have less expensive food where dinner will be dinner and not a 4-5 hour experience... Yes, it is pricey, but we have found it to be a wonderful and memorable evening... It is nice that there is something like this at WDW.

mikejs78

Premium Member

It's on par with other restaurants in its class. It's not for everyone. It's probably a once in a decade experience for me....

Disney has a lot of hit or miss food, but it has some real gems too. This is one of them.

Chef Mickey

Likely credit cards, but this is normal for fine dining. It may not be your thing, but Michelin Star dining is truly another level of dining experience. I paid a little more than that with no wine paring in Japan and Europe. 3 Michelin stars is even crazier.

Chef Mickey

Oh indeed - my Disney World and Disneyland visits have been so magical because of the CM’s that have made Disney an incredible career. Which is why I get so mad when people say “ Disney isn’t a career” - it’s people like Israel that we need!!!!
I talked to a CM at Be Our Guest - A place I boycotted due to lower and lower standards, but she basically told me she makes 6 figures as a sever at BoG and has a degree in chemistry she isn't using because the money is too good at Disney, lol. I am happy for her. She's also a fantastic server and CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom