News Victoria & Albert’s awarded MICHELIN Star

Brian

I was today days old when I learned that the company that does Michelin stars is the same company that makes tires.
They have their travel guide business as well as the tires.

Here's two photos from the ceremony, featuring the Michelin man:

436424417_822358836594845_3722005844705092900_n.jpg

436441361_822358843261511_4490007255605300109_n.jpg

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It had just reopened, with the new chef. I was at V&A the night of last year's announcements.

Word around the mise en place then was that Michelin might wait a year to see how the new chef and re-opening would do. Nobody thought they were undeserving - it was just a matter of time.

Huge congratulations to Israel. He's worked for better fine-dining experiences in WDW his entire career. Just a great guy whose dedicated his adult life to the culinary arts.
The Executive Chef is fantastic. I first met Israel after Citricos reopened post pandemic when he was working there. Each time I came back, he remembered me and no different when we went to V&A after it reopened. BTW the harp player is a former Miss America (1974)
IMG_2993.jpeg

Chef Mickey

Should have had a star 20 years ago. I still don't understand why it took so long.
The process is completely based on favoritism and obviously a lot of subjectivity. The fact the restaurant was at Disney didn't help because the idea was it couldn't stand on its own as Michelin Star quality experience. Rather, it needed to be at Disney to be successful.

peter11435

The process is completely based on favoritism and obviously a lot of subjectivity. The fact the restaurant was at Disney didn't help because the idea was it couldn't stand on its own as Michelin Star quality experience. Rather, it needed to be at Disney to be successful.
2022 was the inaugural year for the Michelin guide covering Florida. V&A didn’t qualify then because it hadn’t reopened yet during portions of the rating period.

TrainsOfDisney

Huge congratulations to Israel. He's worked for better fine-dining experiences in WDW his entire career.
I thought working at WDW wasn’t a career? That’s what the experts told me!

*sarcasm off* - Glad to see Victoria & Alberts is still such a quality dining experience. I have to wonder if Iger and company are proud of that or do they think they are wasting money since another character meal would certainly be more profitable in that location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom