Vicious SGE Rehab Rumor

ButtClown44

Original Poster
Ok, as with everything I say, take it with a grain of salt. However, I heard from a friend of a friend who has the same breed of dog of an imagineer who met them at the dog park who said that SGE may get a rehab in 2005. The story is that a lot of guest reviews haven't been terribly popular combined with a not-to-positive review from Michael E. Supposedly if they can get the funding for it, sometime after the holiday season, they will close one chamber, rehab it and then do the same with the other chamber. I haven't heard anything on what the changes would be, but hopefully more of the Stitch animatronic/plot and less darkness with voices and sounds in different areas. If this is true, then I guess it is more like Alien than we all had originally thought. Anyone remember how bad Alien originally was when it first opened. Anyone remember how long it was origianlly opened for? I think it was less than a year.?? Keep in mind, this is just here-say and conjecture and nothing official, just like a majority of what is posted here. Now discuss amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

speck76

ButtClown44 said:
Ok, as with everything I say, take it with a grain of salt. However, I heard from a friend of a friend who has the same breed of dog of an imagineer who met them at the dog park who said that SGE may get a rehab in 2005. The story is that a lot of guest reviews haven't been terribly popular combined with a not-to-positive review from Michael E. Supposedly if they can get the funding for it, sometime after the holiday season, they will close one chamber, rehab it and then do the same with the other chamber. I haven't heard anything on what the changes would be, but hopefully more of the Stitch animatronic/plot and less darkness with voices and sounds in different areas. If this is true, then I guess it is more like Alien than we all had originally thought. Anyone remember how bad Alien originally was when it first opened. Anyone remember how long it was origianlly opened for? I think it was less than a year.?? Keep in mind, this is just here-say and conjecture and nothing official, just like a majority of what is posted here. Now discuss amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

AE was barely open for a few months before Eisner said "this blows....fix it"....I hope he said the same of SGE.

I must say, the Stitch AA is amazing, proabbly one of the best I have seen yet. The canons are pretty amazing too.....very fluid in movement, they seem to have a personality. The problem is the execution of the story, which was the same problem AE had when it opened.

goofyfan13

I will take this with a grain of salt, however I won't rule it out because like you said, almost the exact same thing happened with AE. Hopefully they completely re-do the script if this does happen, thats the biggest area that needs improvement IMO.

Lynx04

Yeah, one of the things I thought ME did right was tell the imagineers to make it scarier from what I have read. It could be that lightning stricks the same attraction twice (except TOT, where it seems to happen every 15 seconds). Maybe Eisner said lets make this better. Although, I don't see why they would make it scarier, since the attraction is suppose to include pint sized kids.

speck76

I think we can guarantee it will not be made scarier......maybe less scary, maybe one problem is that it is still too scary for the little kids, and not scary enough for the old kids.......

The story would be fine, it has a few holes, but most do.....the execution of the story needs to be improved.

dxwwf3

My goodeness could history repeat itself again? Moon to Mars, AE 1 to AE 2, and could it be SGE 1 to SGE 2?

Even though (from the audio I heard) I liked what they had in Alien Encounter Version 1, there is no doubt that Version 2 (the one that we all knew) was a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better show.

If indeed this does happen, Stitch's Great Escape will be a much better attraction. There is no doubt about it. I'm hoping for the sake of Stitch fans and children everywhere that this rumor comes true.

Oh yeah another thing. There is NO WAY they make SGE scarier. It would be a really dumb mistake and it would defeat the purpose.

SpenceMan01

January?!? I hope they do the "1 chamber at a time" thing because I really want to see this attraction and jugge it for myself.

tigger248

Rehab already? You'd think they could have done it right the first time. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson when they had to immediately rehab AE. :brick:

I really hope that these changes make SGE better. I'm actually glad to have experienced a soft opening of the original, so that when I go back (whenever that may be) I will be able to compare the two. Maybe I'll appreciate it even better.

I had honestly wanted to like the attraction and now I may be given a second chance.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
I find this quite interesting, so now I'd like to bump up a post that I made more than a month ago...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=786006#post786006

I'll post the text that I'd like you to see right here... (for all you lazy WDWmagic Readers that can't bare to move their hand to click a link in a pop-up window. ;) )

This flawed storytelling is way too obvious. It must have been done by WDI on purpose. Perhaps they knew the budget was too small, spent it all on the animatronics, and then just make up a story overnight with what was left over from the budget. Then they knew that they would get guest complaints, and the entire attraction would be closed again to be "fixed" and be given more money to fix it, yet still keeping the AAs. It seems like a logical thing for WDI to do now that spending has been cut. So, that might explain quite a bit.

I think this isn't as far-fetched as we think. I mean, Imagineers aren't dumb... I think they learned from Journey Into YOUR Imagination that if they build a bad ride, it will get more money for fixes later on. Then again, what do I know. ;)

Stitchfan712

This is good overall and bad personally.

Good overall in that, with such mixed views of SGE, this may give it a second chance and I sincerely hope that it can help more people like it, though I still maintain that I didn't see as much negativity about it in person, as I saw online.

Bad personally in that, I love the storyline, and found myself repeating some of those clips in the park and laughing about it. It really was cute and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I personally don't want to see a change.

But whatever's better overall. Maybe the new storyline will be better. But i hope they keep these lines:

"Will you be my friend?"
"I got it!" (Cell phone ringing...please keep)
Stitch bouncing around: "Bouncy, bouncy, boing!"
the laughs at the end when he's teleported
Stitch tickling your hair
"You can't catch me!"
"Missed me, now you gotta kiss me!" (that one got LOTS of laughs every time I was there)

Keep those lines.

Main Street USA

FamilyMan said:
I find this quite interesting, so now I'd like to bump up a post that I made more than a month ago...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=786006#post786006

I'll post the text that I'd like you to see right here... (for all you lazy WDWmagic Readers that can't bare to move their hand to click a link in a pop-up window. ;) )

I think this isn't as far-fetched as we think. I mean, Imagineers aren't dumb... I think they learned from Journey Into YOUR Imagination that if they build a bad ride, it will get more money for fixes later on. Then again, what do I know. ;)
Based on this theory, where was the fix to JIYI? The third version? They certainly didn't get any more money the third time than the second. That attraction STILL sits virtually void of story, style, and class, even when you compare it to the crappy second version.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Main Street USA said:
Based on this theory, where was the fix to JIYI? The third version? They certainly didn't get any more money the third time than the second. That attraction STILL sits virtually void of story, style, and class, even when you compare it to the crappy second version.
Ah, you make good points. But I factored in a learning factor... WDI didn't know that it would happen with Imagination... I think that was a REAL mistake.

With Stitch, I firmly believe that the money was used mostly on the Animatronics. Imagination had no new animatronics. Stitch does, and I think the Imagineers realized this. The money had to go to the animatronics, as they couldn't be fixed later. The rest of the attraction could be fine-tuned later though, and the money that will be added wouldn't be to totally change everything around, it would be to add in more elements to what exists already. The animatronics would remain as they are now.

I guess the point I'm making is that you can re-program an animatronic and add cheap elements in later, but you can't build an animatronic later. So that's what happened in Stitch. I believe that if WDI had known what would later happen to Imagination, they would have only worked on the expensive elements, maybe a new Figment animatronic. Then they'd have something to work with from the version they created. The fault with the Imagination ride was that they really thought that it would be okay with the small budget stretched out over the entire ride. They didn't know they'd get more money afterwards. Stitch is a different ballgame, as individual elements in Stitch are amazing, and you can tell that's where the budget went. The elements in Stitch can be used in a new version of the attraction. There were no good elements left over in Imagination because the money was spread thin over the entire attraction, rather than focusing on small elements, which is what happened in Sitch.

Imagination had to be a brand new ride... Stitch doesn't need that, it just needs more. So they can just add to what is already in place to make a winner.

I believe Stitch has a chance to become a good attraction, and I believe that WDI does know what they're doing. All I can hope is that upper management doesn't figure this out. ;)

ImaginEAR

Stitchfan712 said:
But whatever's better overall. Maybe the new storyline will be better. But i hope they keep these lines:

"Will you be my friend?"
"You can't catch me!"
"Missed me, now you gotta kiss me!" (that one got LOTS of laughs every time I was there)

Keep those lines.
YES! Exactly! Keep that!

One thing I hated about SGE was how low the shoulder restraint went. It was crushing my shoulder, and that was before Stitch jumped on it. Nontheless, I went on it twice.

Another thing I didn't like (and many with me) was how Stitch says "Stitch" Huh? Didn't Lilo name 626 Stitch? Bad Imagineering, thinking we smart people with a forum wouldn't notice this.

bears163

how about this rehab. shut it down remove everything and put back AE please. i know it was kind of scary but it was a popular attraction why close it.

General Grizz

Disney can go two routes - make it less scary for kids or go straight for the AE. Stitch is Stitch, so I agree with them making it less scary based on what's available.

AT THE SAME TIME, they have to compensate for older audience by making a stronger script and a *more fulfilling ending*.

I am glad Disney is recognizing these problems and intends to do something about it.

Stitch79

Stitchfan712 said:

"Will you be my friend?"
"You can't catch me!"

Keep those lines.

Actually I would have to disagree....Stitch didn't even begin to learn English until he landed on Earth, so I see these lines as another plot hole in the attraction. They come off as too "cutesy" to me.

Lee

Adventurer
Five more million? :rolleyes:
Throwing good money after bad, if you ask me.
That money would have been much better used on Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain instead of having to rescue a poorly executed new attraction.

dxwwf3

Stitch79 said:
Actually I would have to disagree....They come off as too "cutesy" to me.

Stitch79 I totally agree with you on this one. The line that makes the cringe though is "Miss Me, Miss Me, Now You've Gotta Kiss Me" :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom