Via Napoli to open on August 5

hpyhnt 1000

It'll be nice to try when it opens, but I still can't fathom why there isn't a counter service option serving pizza by the slice. Dumb move on Disney's part; they're missing out on a fortune. :brick:

Atomicmickey

If you've never had authentic Neapolitan Pizza (assuming that they are doing this right), then you are in for a TREAT. YUM.

Very excited about this one.

fillerup

100_2407.jpg
Here's a picture I snapped on 7/20 of Via Napoli.

What's interesting to me about this photo, is that as I was walking toward the building, the wind blew open the balcony door up top.

My thought is that if this was just a typical building facade, there would be no reason to have working doors up there. I'm sort of speculating that maybe there are plans for a Romeo & Juliet balcony skit presentation (and maybe others).

Of course, there might be a more routine explanation that hasn't occurred to me. Any thoughts?

100_2407.jpg

Buried20KLeague

It makes me sad to have to ask this question... But...

When it says they'll start talking reservations on August 6th, does that mean midnight August 6th? Or at the start of the business day?

It's sad that that's the kind of thing you have to do to ensure you get a table when you want it... But it is what it is.

I just need to know... Do I need to stay up late to make that rezzie?

hpyhnt 1000

Here's a picture I snapped on 7/20 of Via Napoli.

What's interesting to me about this photo, is that as I was walking toward the building, the wind blew open the balcony door up top.

My thought is that if this was just a typical building facade, there would be no reason to have working doors up there. I'm sort of speculating that maybe there are plans for a Romeo & Juliet balcony skit presentation (and maybe others).

Of course, there might be a more routine explanation that hasn't occurred to me. Any thoughts?

100_2407.jpg

Aha! Thats what was causing the depth perception problem: the angle of the sun! Until this picture, every other shot of the building had the sun positioned behind the building which made it difficult see the details and nuances of the facade. In the shot above, the sun is casting shadow from in front and across the building instead of from behind it. The difference is remarkable; it actually looks like a building now. Now, the addition of more lights and railings and signs certainly helps, but its the angle of the sun that makes the biggest difference.

And I doubt that a Romeo and Juliet show would take place from that balcony. Apart from having to get performers up and down from there, having a show directly over the entrance to the restaurant just isn't a good idea (think crowd movement). The doors are probably there for realism and nothing else.

FutureWorld1982

Thanks for the pics, fillerups!

Some new from today, not too many differences, but it's almost done!:

26yrq.jpg

vscjs3.jpg

2yjvtac.jpg

ea1fv6.jpg

NOTE THAT THIS WON'T BE JUST A PIZZERIA! It will be also a restaurant, but will it be similar to Tutto Italia?

TravisMT81

It makes me sad to have to ask this question... But...

When it says they'll start talking reservations on August 6th, does that mean midnight August 6th? Or at the start of the business day?

It's sad that that's the kind of thing you have to do to ensure you get a table when you want it... But it is what it is.

I just need to know... Do I need to stay up late to make that rezzie?

Dining opens at 7am Eastern time.

TravisMT81

It might also have working doors at the top because it has a multi level seating area like yak and yeti. That's my guess.

From previous construction photos there is just a wall behind those curtains....I think there is just vaulted ceilings :) Though multi story eatery would have been ideal!

disneyrcks

We arrive on the 8th of August and cannot wait to go!....We are gonna try to eat there on the 8th or the 9th.....they are not currently taking reservations correct??:slurp:

MythBuster

I was in the restaurant yesterday and they were still doing some electrical work. The vaulted ceilings look great probably 30 - 35 ft. They have 3 wood burning ovens with big stone faces above them (almost like dwarve faces) The front part of the kitchen is open for viewing. It is pretty open inside, a lot of chandeliers and high ceilings besides the vaulted ceiling. The seating was mainly 4 persons, some with 4 chairs, some with bench seating and 2 chairs, then one really, really long table in the middle maybe seats 20-30 people. The lobby is not that big, I guess a lot of people will be waiting outside. They were still working on the oustide courtyard yet it is coming along nice. They will be outside covered seating also. They will have their music also, not the standard Italy BGM. There are still some issues to be worked out but they are minor ones. I'm sure the kitchen staff will be in there soon training on the new equipment.

raven

Fill us in when you get back if you can!

First of all it was FREEZING in there and hopefully they will turn it down soon (brand new unit after all). But it has an overall cafeteria feel to me. Maybe it was because it was empty at the time, maybe because the kitchen area and prep area was all stainless steel but I kinda was expecting more of a warmer feel to the decor. But I wasn't dissapointed.

The entry/lobby is a glass-enclosed area looking into the restaurant. The ovens are VERY cool though and are faces with their mouths open. The pizza is put into the mouth which is the opening for the brick oven. One major thing that stood out were the enormous lanterns that hang at the rear of the restaurant. They look like a typical lamp that you would see on a lamp post but they are about 4' wide and 3' long. The west wall has windows looking into a very shallow italian garden. I didn't notice these while I was inside but saw them outside and they were obviously made to let light in but block the view of existing buildings backstage (very clever). The paper murals that cover the walls are some sort of blue pattern that's torn in areas to reveal the wall. On the south side of the room there are modern italian posters kinda like you'd find at World Market. Large half circle windows above the area will let plenty of light into the room but are high enough not to be able to see anything backstage. The restrooms are small but very sleek and contemporary with figures etched in marble on the wall. he entire floor of the restaurant is tile and there is a large vaulted area in the center. The kitchen was sparkly clean and ready to go!

As I was looking up into the large vaulted area in the center of the restaurant I noticed that a couple of vents already had mildew issues. Upon asking about it I was told that the builders cranked up the AC for weeks before the windows were installed, thus causing the excessive humidity to build up in the ventilation system. Apparently I was the first one to notice it and they will be cleaning it up before it opens with a high reach.

I came in through the back door so I didn't get a close-up look at the front facod area yet.

Buried20KLeague

Thanks for the detail Raven!

The ovens sound like maybe a nod to the pizza oven from the Italian restaurant in "Enchanted", maybe. I'm sure it's fairly common to have faces on the ovens like that, but I'll be interested to see if one matches the one from the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom