Via Napoli Reportedly Offering by-the-slice Option

SeaCastle

Original Poster
EPCOTNRG over on Twitter just tweeted "Disney is testing by-the-slice pizza at Via Napoli. Buy it kids or they'll stop selling it. Epcot is notorious for these tests". Anyone else have more information on this?

DisneyChik17

On Facebook (the official one) the posted:

"Now through January 7, you can enjoy Sicilian-style Margherita pizza by the slice at a pick-up podium at Via Napoli. An a la carte single-serving dessert and fountain beverage will also be available. http://fb.disneyparks.com/RRM"

FutureWorld1982

Yes they do:

15pl47n.jpg

But it's not cheap!! About $6 for just a piece!!

FutureWorld1982

Its really good pizza, but it really is quite overpriced, even for being in a Disney park. Hopefully its a big slice for $6 dollars.

Exactly my same tought. The quality of the pizza is very good (not like the one of -ugh!!- Pinocchio's Village Haus), but it's still a bit too expensive.
I would pay about $4 for it. $6.50 is the current price of it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
too bad it's just the Margherita pizza...I think the Proscuitto e Melone Pizza is the best ever...even at $18 for the regular one...

Consider that I can order from Papa John's, a large pizza with toppings, ask for delivery, pay for the delivery fee and the tip, and it's nearly that much money. :shrug:

JimboJones123

I think it's a great idea but I agree that if it's a small slice, $6.50 might be asking too much.

Disneyland ha had $6 a slice pizza for cheese only for quite a few years.

Their slices might be equal to half a WDW pizza.

Not a comment towards you Frau, but I always think it is a bit silly when people say that WDW is way overpriced when DL prices are 30-50% higher across the board.
$6.50 is pretty decent for theme park food. We spent $50+ on CS last trip to Kings Island, and over $100 for lunch, drinks and snacks at IoA a few weeks ago.

Figment82

too bad it's just the Margherita pizza...I think the Proscuitto e Melone Pizza is the best ever...even at $18 for the regular one...

Completely agree - I love that pizza. And that's coming from someone who's not a fan of prosciutto. It's a little pricey for pizza, but at least it tastes great (the same can not be said for those cardboard frisbees that Disney tries to pawn off as "pizza"). And it's a nice specialty option you don't normally find.

If they offered more options, especially that prosciutto and cantaloupe one - I would definitely be interested. It's not something I'd order every time I was in Epcot, but it's a nice option to have when you don't want a large meal.

SirNim

"Now through January 7, you can enjoy Sicilian-style Margherita pizza by the slice at a pick-up podium at Via Napoli. An a la carte single-serving dessert and fountain beverage will also be available. http://fb.disneyparks.com/RRM"
Neapolitan—not Sicilian. :lookaroun

JimboJones123

Completely agree - I love that pizza. And that's coming from someone who's not a fan of prosciutto. It's a little pricey for pizza, but at least it tastes great (the same can not be said for those cardboard frisbees that Disney tries to pawn off as "pizza"). And it's a nice specialty option you don't normally find.

If they offered more options, especially that prosciutto and cantaloupe one - I would definitely be interested. It's not something I'd order every time I was in Epcot, but it's a nice option to have when you don't want a large meal.

The WDW pizza's are pretty good. They have herb enhanced crust. Beyond decent sauce, and the cheese is just fine. I don't get being snobby about it. It is no where near as bad as theme park pizza is ANYWHERE ELSE!

Figment82

The WDW pizza's are pretty good. They have herb enhanced crust. Beyond decent sauce, and the cheese is just fine. I don't get being snobby about it. It is no where near as bad as theme park pizza is ANYWHERE ELSE!

Not being snobby, just stating my opinion. I don't happen to like them, you do - that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. No need to get all huffed up about it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom