Very upset over what I saw yesterday!!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
gimme a break... those areas have been used as last minute exit areas for the park on busy days for years.

If you're going to complain about something, find something better. No sympathy from me.

And yes, this area has been used as that for over a decade, and this is coming from a longtime Orlando resident, and former cast member who has been to MK easily over 1500 times.

aim

I went backstage over Christmas in the same place you are talking about. It was very nice actually. Very clean. I was actually shocked it was so clean :lol:

Michael72688

Originally posted by mkt
gimme a break... those areas have been used as last minute exit areas for the park on busy days for years.

If you're going to complain about something, find something better. No sympathy from me.

I could agree more!
btw, Grizz - yea it would be nice to theme that area cause you all want it, but I think Disney is more concered about other things that are a little more important than that to spend their money on

General Grizz

Originally posted by Michael72688
I could agree more!
btw, Grizz - yea it would be nice to theme that area cause you all want it, but I think Disney is more concered about other things that are a little more important than that to spend their money on

Like executive bonuses or cheap security? :D

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Like executive bonuses or cheap security? :D

now now now... that's not cheap security. Those pretty van cost money, as does the labor. Ineffective security is the proper phrase

Michael72688

ok, I will admit, secruity is a joke, but I personally think executive bonuses are very important to a companies well being, I one day hope to be an executive and I'll kinda a bonus

General Grizz

Originally posted by Michael72688
ok, I will admit, secruity is a joke, but I personally think executive bonuses are very important to a companies well being, I one day hope to be an executive and I'll kinda a bonus

Bonuses are important. To a degree! :)

General Grizz

How bout this... you get Eisner off the Board and elect me and I bring back Tapestry of Dreams*. Deal?? :D

* = Performed by advanced animatronic humans, Rob. :D

mkt

Premium Member
Bonuses are important. To a degree! :)

they certainly are. It's important to reward good leadership. However, when one gets rewarded for mediocre leadership, that's when the line is crossed and things need to be changed.

mkt

Premium Member
How bout this... you get Eisner off the Board and elect me and I bring back Tapestry of Dreams*. Deal?? :D

how about NO Scotty!

How about I get elected on the board and I return Disney to the glory days?

Michael72688

If you could actually do this, I would do anything in my power to bring you in, oh yea, I want to be in it too :lol:

General Grizz

Send me your plans Rob. We'll have elections next week. :lookaroun

Fine, fine. Lee and I are already the new leadership at WDI. . . so you can be the CEO. FINE!

mkt

Premium Member
my plans are simple...

they involve a lot of Cheez-whiz and a 6 pack of Heineken.

As well as a SHHEEEEEEEOTLOAD of money, replacing the animatronic of the mayor in PoTC with an Eisermatronic, a raise to the cast, lowering of prices, and further expansions and improvements an all the resorts

General Grizz

RD: That's a hard question to answer without libel laws taking over. [Laughter] But I think there are two really basic problems, which we have to face. One is that we need to do everything we do better. I mean everything. We can't do it until we make up our minds that investing in the business to make things better is how we got where we got in the first place. We can't undercut everything we do by skimping on maintenance, skimping on paint, skimping on... in the case of films, saying we can make them good.

- Roy Disney at NFFC Convention this weekend

(After this statement, there was mass applause.)

J.E.Smith

Send me your plans Rob. We'll have elections next week. :lookaroun

Fine, fine. Lee and I are already the new leadership at WDI. . . so you can be the CEO. FINE!

Grizz-sama being the lead at WDI...oh, what wonderful attractions we would have!:D (Personally I think you'd make a better Imagineer than CEO Grizz:animwink:. Though you being CEO...can't make up my mind!)

Oh, and whoever becomes CEO...do something about that Sonic SatAM DVD box set and get the thing released already...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by retroeric
I saw everything back there that traditional Disney operators would have NEVER allowed. Dumpsters, barricades, dirt, puddles, liter, mangy old signs and fences, etc.
Not wanting to upset anybody here - but don't you think that you're over reacting just a bit ?
DisneyWorld is a commercial development, it is a theme park and it is there to make money.
People (like ourselves) are attracted to the parks because they ARE magical, special - call it what you like.
As a by-product of countless thousands of guests each day, litter is accumulated and has to be stored somewhere until it is collected. Signs (etc) do get broken/replaced and the damaged goods again must be stored somewhere prior to disposal.
Puddles (OMG !!!!) what can be done about all the puddles ??

I agree that these sights may take the shine off a little bit of the Magic - but the parks staff were being practical - too many people in a small space are a hazard. If a small child were to be trampled then there would be uproar "Why didn't Disney make alternative routes out of the parks ?" etc, etc.

Disney can't win, someone will always be upset by a decision made. Don't knock it - remember the good times that you just experienced in the park.

If this doesn't help - keep your eyes fixed firmly in front :lookaroun

General Grizz

While it certainly was practical, they have been doing it for years, and it's time they improve on the "little things."

Remember - guests love Disney based on detail! A small incident (such as this) can make or break a trip (as in, subconscious connotation). And, well, today, there are multiple incidents.

No, not puddles. But, take, for instance, Roy Disney's remarks he made Saturday at the NFFC convention:

I've found that both here and in Florida, maintenance is not what it used to be. I think I see more and more [Disney sighs] junk on the ground that didn't get picked it up. It's like a reflex action, you know. We do it still. You see something there, you pick it up and throw it away. Bathrooms are not as clean as they used to be. We've seen light bulbs out and paint falling off and stuff. So I've seen a lot of things. It's not all good, but there's some good stuff, too...

Sure, I can see how you think this is an over-reaction. However, it is about time they do something if they really are a high-quality company.

Remember - Disney needs to make money while STILL being Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom