Very First Thing You Do....

Very First Thing You Do....

• Stay around the hotel and relax for a while.

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • Head out to grab some grub.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Run out to one of the parks right away.

Votes: 53 44.9%

• Total voters

SykedOwt

It All Depends, If The Weather Is great we'll either hang out at the pool and go to downtown disney or go right to MGM. We're Big Twilight Zone Fans.

Disneynut

It depends on what time we arrive at WDW. Usually we check-in, turn on the TV to the information channel, unpack and organize the room. After that we grab some dinner and stay at the pool or head to Epcot for Illuminations.

thumper

Once we check into the hotel, we unpack, turn on the Disney Info Channel, and wash up. Then we usually walk around the hotel to see what the restaurants, gift shop, pool, etc look like. Then we'll hop on a bus to the MK! Once I ride PoC, I know I'm truly there!:)

jcmayid

We usually stay and hang at the hotel the first night but tonight we are checking in and going right to MK try do do some stuff before it closes.

Yippeee!!!

Just a few short hours and we is out!!!:sohappy: :D :cool:

disneytati

The first thing is going into the room, taking a good picutre of it, and turn on the tv to watch the programs about the parks, and all that disney stuff. I feel sooooo good! It helps me realize I am NOT dreaming, I am here!!!! I am at WDW!!! Helps me get into the magic. As I love disney hotels, so the 2nd thing I do is to go for a walk to see the hotel, the store, the food court, grab something to eat... If there's still time, go to Downtown Disney to buy something to get started!!!

Kisses from Brazil!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

GGG1

We usually drop the bags right off and head out to the parks and try to pick up a snack later. I am usually so pumped up that it is impossible to relax in the room!

Nut4Disney

find the nearest place that has ice cold beer, then come back to the room and relax for an hour or so, before heading to the parks.

Javier&Christie

We're changing our gameplan recently :) Usually we waste a whole day in getting there b/c for some reason we always end up running errands and stuff before we leave (2.5 hour drive from disney from west palm :p) so we waste alot of time and don't get there till late in the afternoon, and with early closing times as of late, doesn't give us much room to do anything. So now the plan is to leave when we get off of work the night before and run errands then, and just have an extra night at the hotel :D, then the next day is our first Disney day, not gone to waist :p..

did I mention we have a good drink or two when we get there too? :lol: I love staying onsite.. all buses and no driving :D

goofyfan13

I usually walk around the hotel and swim. I like to watch the WDW tour channel also. (I can watch that for hours). We normally go to downtown disney at night. The next day I rush to a park.

Tramp

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
find the nearest place that has ice cold beer, then come back to the room and relax for an hour or so, before heading to the parks.

...me too........the family goes spooking around the hotel but I need to unwind a little and might even catch a few Zs.:snore:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
After a 10 hour flight I usually find it beneficial to aquaint myself with the intricacy of Floridian plumbing.
Then its shopping followed by a splash in a pool then trough time. Last year we ate at Wolfgang Pucks at DTD. It was excellent and we ate there a few times.
Having learned from experience we tend to visit a water park on our first full day as it lets everyone get over the flight, then Epcot for tea and fireworks. Yippppeeee!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

howlin_mad

For us it depends when we leave. From Atlanta it's roughly 6.5 - 7 hours of driving, so if we leave on Friday after work we'll get there that night and have a late dinner at our resort. If we leave extremely early Saturday morning (traditional for us in the past), we'd arrive in Kissimmee around noon, have lunch at the Checkers just off Disney property, and then check into our resort and then take the bus to either Epcot or MGM.

For me I have different stages for getting into the "Disney mood" while making the drive. The first half through Georgia is usually a blur because it's usually dawn and we're still waking up. The Florida welcome center is always a nice visit (free orange juice and reading material for the drive), but to me I don't get that feeling of actually being in Florida until sometime around Ocala. By that time it's around 10:30 or 11 am, the sun should be shining, there's the semi-cheezy Disney radio station in that area, there's the Disney info center next to the interstate (used to be a good place until AAA took it over), and Ocala is home to one of the greatest Hooter's in the nation. The drinks are very cold, chicken wings nice and hot, and there is plenty of eye candy from the nearby University of Florida. After Ocala you know you're only about an hour from the theme parks. The drive is usually pretty good and there are plenty of orange and palm trees to look at along the way. I usually don't get that feeling of actually being in Disney until checking into the hotel. I don't need to be in the parks or on a certain ride to get that Disney feeling. Just the Disney atmosphere in the hotels and on Disney property is enough for me.

J. Thornhill

We usually make sure to get an early morning flight out of NY so that we arrive at MCO at about 9AM. After we arrive at the resort, we drop our bags and head straight to the MK. If we stay at the Polynesian, we will have breakfast at the Kona Cafe before heading across the Lagoon.

The Magic Kingdom is always our first stop, and Pirates is invariably our first attraction.

Jonathan

steamboatwillie

Whenever we get to our hotel room the first thing I do is turn on the WDW info channel because I'm such a Disney addict and am beyond being sick of the Disney Channel. It's funny, though, because the last time the guy who brought up our bags thought I was some TV obsessed kid who didin't realize what WDW was and just wanted to watch MTV or something. Little did he know I spend every last penny on Disney...

meeko_33785

Because I usually arrive around either breakfast or lunch time, I almost always eat at the resort first. After that, depends on the trip.

WDWrox

Eat!

we live in southern georgia, so we're not too far away. After the 5 hour drive, nothing is better than going to Downtown Disney and eating at Planet Hollywood. Then we ride the monorail all around until they make us get off (not literally) The next day we go to Epcot, second day MK, third day either MGM or AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom