Very Disapointed

wishiwere@wdw

Hot days = frustrated guests. I've been there in February and August most years and there is a big difference. We all get a bit aggravated in a crowded place when the temp is that high. Also, please be more specific as to what portion of NJ you are speaking of. There is a HUGE difference and those from "that" area would probably agree with you while others such as myself get a little offended. ;)

tybroid59

Re: Re: A-Hole is right!!

Originally posted by happy snapper

Why was the British government there on holiday?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lol:
im laughing very very loud.....................

49 days until I get to POR .....they had better be nice to my room i have 14 mousekeeping envelopes made up already!!!!!!!!;)

JJHale

We just got back from POR and loved it. Our room was great, although it did seem like housekeeping rushed the bed making on the days they didn't change it. We did also experience a larger than average number of rude people while there. I just chalked it up to the hot weather and trudged on!

Loucifr

THEY ARE ALWAYS FROM NEW JERSEY, OR MICHIGAN, OHIO IS BAD TOO. ACTUALLY ONE TIME I RAN INTO AN A-HOLE GUY FROM INDIANA. AND THERE WAS THAT GUY FROM RHODE ISLAND; GEORGIA ALSO HAS LOTS OF RUDE PEOPLE. COME TO THINK ABOUT IT THIS WORLD IS FULL OF A-HOLES THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

As far as rude people I tend to ignore them or give them some of my Detroit rush hour cheer (ya see I cuss them right back out and use this special Michigan "wave") if any one else here is from Detroit and they can explain that to ya. Actually last year at the airport I had some 65-year-old man get so mad his kids had to hold him back he wanted to FIGHT me. I am 28 and he wanted to fist fight. He called me curse words I have never even heard (and I spent time in the service). All this because he thought I had cut in line at the rental car place. After getting my car I realized I had left my wallet on the counter and went back to get it. After all the commotion I asked him where he was from and he told me "Texas" I smiled and said "I thought they only raised A-holes like you in Michigan. Have a nice day". As I walked away steam was coming from his ears.

The bottom line: You run into A-holes every day at work, Wal-mart or the corner grocery store and you always go back so why would you let some bad apples wreck Disney for you and your family?

As for the rest of your stuff: Disney actually handles complaints very well so I am sure they would have fixed the room stuff for you right away.

I do agree with you the overall cleanliness of the parks is not what it used to be. I have been twice since 9/11 I have noticed the housekeeping around the parks is not done with the pride it used to be done with. There was a time the sidewalks were so clean you could almost sit down and eat off of them. A few years ago I remember seeing CM’s scraping gum off of sidewalks. The parks always seem a bit dirtier to me than they were on our previous visit.

I too feel sorry that you had a bad time. PLEASE don't give up on Disney. We also went last August and had a lot of bad experiences but we have gone back again this past Feb and July and had a magical time. If I would have crossed Disney off my vacation list permanently our family would have missed alot of magical memories that we now have. Last August we met lots of nice people, especially those from England. I tried to overlook all the bad stuff like the ceiling falling down in our Polynesian room, getting food poisioning and never seeing any animals at our very expensive deluxe room in the Animal Kingdom Lodge and then having our bathroom almost flood our room at the Beach Club. Everyone deserves a second chance and I hope you give Disney one. Just look at all your vacation photos and you might reconsider hopefully.

AdLibSean

Originally posted by mwitkus
(She didn't see any reason why she should wait while we FP holders went ahead of her. It's wasn't pretty.)

Its amazing that with ALL of the advertising that Disney does for its FP system that people STILL don't get it. I was walking past the castle on our last trip and overheard some woman complaining that she was "going write Disney a little letter about how wrong it was that people who payed could get ahead in line with a FP!" DANG I wanted to just turn around and EDUCATE her. I mean a description of how the system works was only described very clearly in the park guide she was HOLDING IN HER HANDS!!! But I didn't say anything remembering social grace. People still amaze me to this day! READ!

Maria

If they are from MIchigan and wanna yell at me, I would just ignore them... it´s so easy! It took me a while to understand the accent! I can always switch off and switch on to normal English or Spanish! LOL! :lol:
j/k:animwink:

goofyman

Sorry you had a bad trip. Iwas there the same week and did not notice those things with the exception of a few from other non US places. It was a bit crowded at begining of week but it got much better at end. Although we were not there over Holiday weeken, That Friday was getting a bit crowded at MK. Don't let it ruin the next trip though....:slurp: :slurp:

mwitkus

Originally posted by AdLibSean

Its amazing that with ALL of the advertising that Disney does for its FP system that people STILL don't get it. I was walking past the castle on our last trip and overheard some woman complaining that she was "going write Disney a little letter about how wrong it was that people who payed could get ahead in line with a FP!" DANG I wanted to just turn around and EDUCATE her. I mean a description of how the system works was only described very clearly in the park guide she was HOLDING IN HER HANDS!!! But I didn't say anything remembering social grace. People still amaze me to this day! READ!

i couldn't agree with you more! i was completely shocked at this woman - she was an older woman (meaning older than me), probably late 60's/early 70's.. and she was at the very front of the line but it was stopped and they were letting us FP users go ahead... and she caused this big scene, yelling and screaming and no matter what the CM did to try and explain it she didn't care...:brick: and the CM called for a mgr to come but before anybody could get there this old lady literally shoved the CM out of her way and dragged her husband onto the safari ride.. i was floored by it all. and nobody did anything about it (i guess because it's disney and they want their patrons to be happy) but it really ruined my ride on the safari.. :mad: and i just wanted to scream at her "you're in disney world! there is no room for bad manners in disney world!" but i was good and kept my mouth shut... :zipit: but i wasn't happy about it!!!

oh well - that's the only time i've had trouble so i'm not going to let it ruin my image of disney.. . but old women - now that's another story! :animwink:

Camelot

dznynut...Hopefully, you're next trip will be more pleasant. Goodness knows there are so many random elements that can make or break our vacation experience.

rosie.ca

I just went to disney aug 24-sept 2
the crowds weren't very big at all and I had no problems whatsoever we had a blast ...

roiff

Hmmmmm...I usually just read posts without replying...but I figured this one might be worth a quick post:

Not to take anything away from anyone's experiences...but I just went to WDW in late July and it was everything I've always loved about it and more. It seems like I'm always reading people's complaints about how it isn't the same...I've been going for 18 years now...and I think the place looks amazing...

If you don't mind my asking...what part of the parks looked run down?

Beauty and the

Originally posted by roiff
Hmmmmm...I usually just read posts without replying...but I figured this one might be worth a quick post:

Not to take anything away from anyone's experiences...but I just went to WDW in late July and it was everything I've always loved about it and more. It seems like I'm always reading people's complaints about how it isn't the same...I've been going for 18 years now...and I think the place looks amazing...

If you don't mind my asking...what part of the parks looked run down?

I'm with you on this one WDW is a huge area and always looks pretty good to me

As for Arseholes well the worlds full of them so why shouldn't they go to Disney for vacation:animwink:

epcot71

im at wdw 3 times a year maybe more-i love disney and was there since 71-living in fla makes it kinda easy to go there alot.
i think disney does a great job keeping wdw clean and sparkling.i think disney cms are great and i have never experienced a rude cm-maybe one or two who might have been exhausted being in the heat for 8 hours with rude guests but never rude.disney is a huge place-47 square miles and that alot of space to keep clean but they manage and do it very well-once in a while u will notice a scratch or ding or faded paint but 98% of the time u can eat of the ground at disney so to speak.as far as rude guests unless someone is being ditructive or harming another guest or cm disney cant really do much but grin and bear it.also even though disney staffs their parks well the guests outnumber the cms probably 10/1 so its hard to moniter all the guests who cut in line and do other rude things-so please dont stop going to disney due to some a-holes who have no consideration-disney is a wonderful place with the best employees in the industry:) :)

roiff

And another thing --

There is no reason why this ought to be true. But, on my trips it has always seemed that guests at Universal are far more rude than those at Disney.

I've often wondered if it has to do with the way they structure all of their ride lines and pre-show areas (i.e. huge mass of people in front of automatic doors).

More likely it is just because they wish they were at Disney instead...

hockeymom

sad but true, buttheads come in many shapes & sizes and there's not much you can do other than keep smiling and move on. the a-hole in some people just can't seem to be suppressed for very long. really unfortunate it had to happen on a family vacation.

pheneix

>>>it has always seemed that guests at Universal are far more rude than those at Disney<<<

That's is true. It is mostly because of the kind of parks they have (much more thrill intensive than Disney), but also because for several years they have had the reputation of "letting people get away with anything." It wasn't true most of the time, but I have seen things happen there that should have been taken care of, but the unmotivated employees there (this was back when Universal Orlando's management didn't try to do anything to instill pride and quality into employees. Thankfully that era is long gone) including a near fight in their parking lot.

I've also noticed that guests at MGM tend to be more rough. And of course more often than not Disneyland is invaded by snobbish heads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom