Very busy Fantasmic shows with reduced performances

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasmic/News/13Jan2009-Very-busy-Fantasmic-shows-with-reduced-performances.htm

Back in July we reported that Fantasmic! was being cut to just two shows per week beginning January 2009. The first few shows in January have apparently been VERY busy. Reports in from last night's show indicate that the show was at standing room only 1 hour before showtime, and managers were left at the entrance to explain to guests why they wern't able to see the show. Reportedly there was a line out of guest relations still at 45 minutes after park close.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am surprised by this news about this much. I wonder how long it will take Disney to catch on and begin selling a greater portion of the seats to the Fantasmic Dining package.

EPCOT Explorer

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasmic/News/13Jan2009-Very-busy-Fantasmic-shows-with-reduced-performances.htm

Back in July we reported that Fantasmic! was being cut to just two shows per week beginning January 2009. The first few shows in January have apparently been VERY busy. Reports in from last night's show indicate that the show was at standing room only 1 hour before showtime, and managers were left at the entrance to explain to guests why they wern't able to see the show. Reportedly there was a line out of guest relations still at 45 minutes after park close.

Stick it to 'em, Park Guests!:drevil:

I really hope they do away with this...:(

MousDad

Are the people who made this decision the only ones who didn't see this coming a mile away? Or do they just not care?

Thurp

Good. I hope there is a line at least 1 hour long at Guest Relations not just on show nights, but every night there is no show.

This is ridiculous.

MousDad

Oooh, oooh - I see light at the end of the tunnel!!

Jim Hill reports today that WDW is starting to see better prospects for 2009 than feared! He knows this because he somehow has access to daily attendance numbers for the parks!! Apparently, WDW management has decided that the fallout from the economy may not be as bad as thought!!!

So guess what they will be doing?

Brace yourself for the great news everybody . . . !!!!

Yes that's right - Oooh I'm so excited !!!!!

Because of the better than expected business and because all our fears are not coming true . . . . .

THEY HAVE DECIDED TO COMPLETE THE FAMILY SUITES AT POP CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES THAT'S RIGHT - MORE LODGING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[What did you think they would do, return Fantasmic to daily showings, return the characters to Liberty Tree Tavern, etc. etc. etc.?]

EPCOT Explorer

Are the people who made this decision the only ones who didn't see this coming a mile away? Or do they just not care?
Ding ding...Winner.
Oooh, oooh - I see light at the end of the tunnel!!

Jim Hill reports today that WDW is starting to see better prospects for 2009 than feared! He knows this because he somehow has access to daily attendance numbers for the parks!! Apparently, WDW management has decided that the fallout from the economy may not be as bad as thought!!!

So guess what they will be doing?

Brace yourself for the great news everybody . . . !!!!

Yes that's right - Oooh I'm so excited !!!!!

Because of the better than expected business and because all our fears are not coming true . . . . .

THEY HAVE DECIDED TO COMPLETE THE FAMILY SUITES AT POP CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES THAT'S RIGHT - MORE LODGING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[What did you think they would do, return Fantasmic to daily showings, return the characters to Liberty Tree Tavern, etc. etc. etc.?]
You MUST be joking. What happened to WDI?:brick::brick:

Roxas

If they really do have queues that size I'd give it 2 weeks till they increase the performances.

Otherwise they'll end up with unhappy guest and an unhappy guest is less likely to come back.

S.N. OMGTHEYAREFINISHINGDAFAMILEEROOMSATPOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmuboy

The sad thing is I fully expect WDW to announce more DVC, more suites or even more hotels long before they announce anything the guests really want like:

- a REAL Space Mountain renovation
- The Yeti is working again in A mode.
- the Fantasyland makeover with little Mermaid Ride
- the update Imagination Pavilion
- the new ride for SoundStage 1 at DHS/Pixar Place.

It really is the sad state of WDW right now. But at least we get the Stitch totally not themed to Tomorrowland Dance party to look forward to later in 2009!!! I gotta make sure I hit the AP Preview for that show.

drew81

Yes, they don't care**cough** Meg Crofton**cough**.

The Studios VP has not been in favor of Fantasmic's reduced schedule so there are some that do care. I hope the complaints continue and the line at guest relations grows even longer.

stitch2008

The sad thing is I fully expect WDW to announce more DVC, more suites or even more hotels long before they announce anything the guests really want like:

It really is the sad state of WDW right now. But at least we get the Stitch totally not themed to Tomorrowland Dance party to look forward to later in 2009!!! I gotta make sure I hit the AP Preview for that show.

1. A REAL Space Mountian rehab HAS been announced.
2. Rumor on this site was that the Yeti will be fixed soon.

The rest I'll leave for debate.

EPCOT Explorer

*sigh*

If only, if only...

71jason

If they really do have queues that size I'd give it 2 weeks till they increase the performances.

Otherwise they'll end up with unhappy guest and an unhappy guest is less likely to come back.

Unfortunately, I expect current management to choose a hard and fast, easy-to-identify savings in this fiscal quarter over a potential loss 4 (or 8 or 12) quarters into the future. Even if that loss could be much larger than the current savings.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Arent they replacing the entire track???? How could that be anywhere remotely interpreted as "lite"????
Since most of the track will be replaced but using the 1975 support structure for a start, which means no heavier cars, which means..... you get it. A visual budget ravaged by another area. Postshow rehab if there is any money left. Same for exterior.

Kind of lite to lite-medium compared to a year ago.

jt04

Since most of the track will be replaced but using the 1975 support structure for a start, which means no heavier cars, which means..... you get it. A visual budget ravaged by another area. Postshow rehab if there is any money left. Same for exterior.

Kind of lite to lite-medium compared to a year ago.

I can only hope that when they scale back a refurb they do it in a way that allows for the scaled back items to be added in at a future date during, and as part of, a routine maintenance closure.

Any word on if this is the plan for SM or will this refurb be all that we get in terms of additional elements?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is the painful part; new track on old supports - new track would need to be removed in future if new supports need to be added. One can only hope an 11th hour change of heart happens, but TDO didn`t even want a new track.

Philo

Heres to hoping that someone takes notice of this - not that it should be a great supprise to anyone.

IMO, anything less than 5 shows a week is just crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom