Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

aliceismad

Uh, can we also talk about this down in the comments on that forum?

1617814224523.png

pdude81

Not sure if he means forever or not, but you'd have to assume Maxpass is not going to be available when the California parks reopen.

nickys

Premium Member
If they're doing a "soft opening" of a new FP system starting in April, would that allow for some tweaking before it might be officially announced and implemented for the general public for summer trips?
I imagine that “marker” / flag is to turn on the booking system. If it stays at 60 days, that would mean from June 9th. But my main question is what kind of FP system will it be?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I imagine that “marker” / flag is to turn on the booking system. If it stays at 60 days, that would mean from June 9th. But my main question is what kind of FP system will it be?
Was thinking the same thing! Which would go back to what was spotted in the codes before about the different coded FP's.

AmishGuy91

If you read more in the TP thread, someone found that enhancements were made to FP+ on April 10, 2016 and that FP+ became available last April 10 as well when the parks were closed. So I would imagine this is nothing more than wonky code that will be addressed when Disney realizes it...probably on April 10.

aaronml

Uh, can we also talk about this down in the comments on that forum?

View attachment 546075
I can absolutely see this happening. MaxPass was originally intended to be a sort of “trial balloon” for paid FP from my understanding. Clearly it was successful enough for TWDC to want to take a much more aggressive approach to monetizing FP.

Also, it doesn’t make sense to offer a paid digital FP upgrade to a free paper-based system (what MaxPass is) if the free system no longer exists, which is a very real possibility.

pdude81

Surveys indicated that a majority of guests respondents wanted MaxPass to come to WDW. So we listened to their feedback and moved it there instead. You're welcome

aaronml

Surveys indicated that a majority of guests respondents wanted MaxPass to come to WDW. So we listened to their feedback and moved it there instead. You're welcome
MaxPass isn’t coming to WDW. Paid FP definitely seems to be on the horizon for WDW, but it isn’t MaxPass.

MaxPass allows you to pay for the ability to make FPs on your phone, instead of making them using a physical / paper kiosk near a specific attraction.

WDW no longer has paper / classic FP, so the MaxPass model wouldn’t work there.

If you want a preview of what TWDC is planning for the US, look at Disney Premier Access at SHDR and Super / Ultimate FastPass at DLP.

pdude81

MaxPass isn’t coming to WDW. Paid FP definitely seems to be on the horizon for WDW, but it isn’t MaxPass.

MaxPass allows you to pay for the ability to make FPs on your phone, instead of making them using a physical / paper kiosk near a specific attraction.

WDW no longer has paper / classic FP, so the MaxPass model wouldn’t work there.

If you want a preview of what TWDC is planning for the US, look at Disney Premier Access at SHDR and Super / Ultimate FastPass at DLP.
Did you think I was serious?

aaronml

Did you think I was serious?
Apologies, I did. To be fair, a lot of the initial feedback in this thread was along the lines of what you said jokingly — that people who’ve been to DLR and used MaxPass love it, so TDO should bring it to WDW.

What people like about MaxPass isn’t that it costs money, it’s that you get the convenience of making FP on your phone (like with FP+) but without having to plan your day weeks/months ahead of time.

I would definitely be supportive of moving to a same-day-only digital FP model for WDW (without the upcharge anyhow).

havoc315

well... something might be announced tomorrow supposedly.

My total complete guess -- there will be announcements tomorrow or soon about a variety of changes, re-opening, etc. But I am not expecting any fastpass announcement yet. (but not ruling it out).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom