Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

nickys

Premium Member
So if the pool is being used by JUST DVC members (or anything greater than 1/3), is Disney then subsidizing DVC?
The cost is shared based on the number of rooms or some agreed figure (to allow for 2&3 bed villas for example).

Where there are roughly equal numbers DVC and regular rooms the cost will be 50% each. If DVC accounts for 25% of the total number of rooms, then the DVC side will contribute 25% and so on.

The actual numbers using the pool at any one time is irrelevant.

Fido Chuckwagon

So that popcorn post really got this string (and another one over at another site) fired up again for a bit, but the excitement seems to be dying down. Hopefully we'll see something from WDW soon, so the speculation can end and the complaints can begin! 😂
New poster here, came here because of this thread from another forum. So basically this thread is 2 years of one poster claiming to have inside information about a new fastpass system, making vague statements about it, and then nothing ever actually materializes? Do I have that correctly?

Fido Chuckwagon

So what things alluded to by this poster in this now 2 year old thread have occurred related to the new fastpass system? Has there been an announcement?

Edit: It also looks like it's been two weeks since that poster bumped this thread with nothing more than a popcorn emoji and in those past two weeks.... nothing has happened. Again, if I missed something, please correct me, I am anxiously awaiting details of when fastpass will return like everyone else so that I can plan a trip to return.

UNCgolf

So what things alluded to by this poster in this now 2 year old thread have occurred related to the new fastpass system? Has there been an announcement?

Edit: It also looks like it's been two weeks since that poster bumped this thread with nothing more than a popcorn emoji and in those past two weeks.... nothing has happened. Again, if I missed something, please correct me, I am anxiously awaiting details of when fastpass will return like everyone else so that I can plan a trip to return.

He's got literally decades of being correct about Disney information, so it's safe to believe anything he has to say.

With that said, just because they have a plan for something at one point doesn't mean they won't change their mind and do something different down the road.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Chapek was wrong about the Main Street theater he announced at a D23 event.

Iger was wrong about renaming Disney Hollywood Studios he mentioned at a shareholders meeting.

Disney makes plans, and plans change, or are delayed, or scrapped, or taken out off the scrap pile and implemented. So, info from insiders about today's plans can look wrong when Disney changes their mind, just ask Chapek and Iger.

FP and APs had become problematic for overcrowded parks at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. Disney had been wanting to change them for a long time. The pandemic becomes the re-set they need to make those changes. Some already made at Disneyland. Chapek himself has hinted in recent interviews that these kind of changes are coming.

It's likely the popcorn bucket is a sign that they've pulled the trigger internally and will announce something soon... or wait until COVID protocols are dropped. But it certainly seems likely that things will change. And that's not just from an insider, it's from the CEO.

lazyboy97o

New poster here, came here because of this thread from another forum. So basically this thread is 2 years of one poster claiming to have inside information about a new fastpass system, making vague statements about it, and then nothing ever actually materializes? Do I have that correctly?
So you joined just to complain about this thread?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
...13 days ago... I'd like to think s/he joined this board because of the insightful, concise conversations about all things Disney coupled with the Management's inclusive, tolerant policies concerning dissenting opinions being expressed.

I'd like to, but...

nickys

Premium Member

When this thread was started rumours were rife. The poster in question was responding with information he had and was free to share, whilst being open and clear that no final decision had been taken as to what it would look like. But equally that FP+ was in for another major overhaul / replacement.

The parks closure certainly impacted things. There can be no fastpass of any kind until social distancing measures are eased considerably. I too took the popcorn post as a sign that a final decision has been made. Perhaps it was made in response to numerous questions and discussion elsewhere in the forums, as a way of saying “watch this space”.

I would expect an announcement to be made as part of a bigger announcement about the easing of some of the current protocols being followed. But I also expect that Disney will wait until the US is further ahead in the vaccination programme, for example that it is indeed opened up to include all adults.

GimpYancIent

When this thread was started rumours were rife. The poster in question was responding with information he had and was free to share, whilst being open and clear that no final decision had been taken as to what it would look like. But equally that FP+ was in for another major overhaul / replacement.

The parks closure certainly impacted things. There can be no fastpass of any kind until social distancing measures are eased considerably. I too took the popcorn post as a sign that a final decision has been made. Perhaps it was made in response to numerous questions and discussion elsewhere in the forums, as a way of saying “watch this space”.

I would expect an announcement to be made as part of a bigger announcement about the easing of some of the current protocols being followed. But I also expect that Disney will wait until the US is further ahead in the vaccination programme, for example that it is indeed opened up to include all adults.
The gauge I look at for when WDW is back to firing on all cylinders will be when run Disney resumes a full schedule of live events. That first post COVID19 Disney Marathon Week will be HUGE! A lot of activity in addition to scheduled park activities MAXPASS would be a helpful tool.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think they said changes were on the way and couldn’t elaborate much more beyond that at that time. They also possibly weren’t too worried if they were wrong or weren’t believed.

They may also still believe changes are still probable.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
When I hear FP+ I think about all the cast members who stand at the touchpoints for each attraction, the ones also who stand where standby and FP+ lines merge, the CM who attend the FP+ machines to help with issues....
That's a lot of cast members used for each attraction just for FP+.

Which are they back from being laid off or are they attending to the one long queue that has to be used to keep people a spacial distance from each other?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Hi Fido. Nice to see you over here. Anything could of course still happen but I think you’re barking up the wrong tree here.

@marni1971 is not exactly a troll (except to the people who decided to knock down Innoventions).

IMO your takeaway should be that FP+ is probably dead and we’ll hear more as soon as Disney is ready to bring park capacity up (e.g. when CDC drops distancing guidance).

Fido Chuckwagon

I joined two weeks ago to follow the thread after it was posted about in a different forum (not sure I’m allowed to mention which one). Then nothing happened. Then I noticed that the thread is actually 2 years old, and nothing has happened during that 2 years despite repeated teases. So I wondered. I’m someone who really wants to return to Disney with my family but can’t take a 2 year old to a park where it’s like minimum 30 minute wait for It’s a small world right now, so it would be nice to know when some form of fastpass is coming back. I don’t care what rides I can get some sort of fastpass for, but I’m never surviving more than a 20 minute wait with my two young ones, one will have to go to the bathroom at minute 21, and the other is too young to stand still for that long.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I joined two weeks ago to follow the thread after it was posted about in a different forum (not sure I’m allowed to mention which one). Then nothing happened. Then I noticed that the thread is actually 2 years old, and nothing has happened during that 2 years despite repeated teases. So I wondered. I’m someone who really wants to return to Disney with my family but can’t take a 2 year old to a park where it’s like minimum 30 minute wait for It’s a small world right now, so it would be nice to know when some form of fastpass is coming back. I don’t care what rides I can get some sort of fastpass for, but I’m never surviving more than a 20 minute wait with my two young ones, one will have to go to the bathroom at minute 21, and the other is too young to stand still for that long.
The only site you’re not allowed to mention here is *********************.

You can mention DISboards.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Um. I started this thread on a rumor I heard on other boards, and I clearly stated that in my opening comments. To see it still chugging along is good... And bad..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom