Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

JakeAZ

I think a any ride and time type of Fastpass would need to be limited in number so time in line is not much more than 20min or you start losing value in peoples mind.
Completely agree.

But if they posted the FP wait time, we could use that information to decide if the ride was worth using a FP on or not.

FOP too long? Use it on EE or come back later after a SB line.

Dranth

The problem is they put it on every ride and filled damn near their slots with them. It paralyzed the Park in many ways before you set foot in the place.
Don't disagree but I would argue that is more of an implementation issue than the system itself. With luck they have learned from this and if they bring it back it will be better for it.

JakeAZ

FP wait time is a bridge too far. My brain often hurts enough from all the pre-planning.
I get that, but if the FP were any time, any ride, wouldn't that alleviate quite a bit of the planning?

If you didn't have to try to hit a FP window, you wouldn't have to worry about upcoming ADRs / other scheduled events.

havoc315

They used to sometimes add EMH depending on anticipated crowd levels. Isn't there a chance that Early Entry stays 30 minutes in January and gets extended to an hour during holidays or Spring Break?

They might officially extend it as you suggest.
They might also just do it on an unofficial basis -- During busy season and high crowds, let guests in 10 minutes earlier.. 20 or 30 minutes earlier..

Naplesgolfer

I get that, but if the FP were any time, any ride, wouldn't that alleviate quite a bit of the planning?

If you didn't have to try to hit a FP window, you wouldn't have to worry about upcoming ADRs / other scheduled events.
Any ride ,any time is a recipe for very long FP lines on headliners. The return times have to be metered based the rides capacity so the time in line is short enough.

JakeAZ

Any ride ,any time is a recipe for very long FP lines on headliners. The return times have to be metered based the rides capacity so the time in line is short enough.
Maybe. But if they limit what is "included" the lines will ease up as the day goes on and people burn through their allotment. Since FP would no longer be "unlimited" and not everyone will buy extras, by default, there will be less FP out there on any given day.

I don't know what they will ultimately do, but if they do go to a paid or partially paid model, my number 1 wish would be for more flexibility. I hate the return time windows. They make your days so inflexible.

Jrb1979

Maybe. But if they limit what is "included" the lines will ease up as the day goes on and people burn through their allotment. Since FP would no longer be "unlimited" and not everyone will buy extras, by default, there will be less FP out there on any given day.

I don't know what they will ultimately do, but if they do go to a paid or partially paid model, my number 1 wish would be for more flexibility. I hate the return time windows. They make your days so inflexible.
Agreed. The worst part about going to Disney is the spreadsheet planning you need to do. IMO parks are meant to be a plan free visit. The best parks have a paid fast pass system with no return window. Go about your day as you please.

MurphyJoe

So, if they did offer ride packages, do you guys think it would be park / ride specific like Paris?

IMO I don't see it going this way, since Paris is 2 parks and WDW is 4.

I'd love to see something like X number of FP that can be used on any ride that is deemed FP eligible, at any park, at any time. Let us choose when we want to use them. They have the park reservation system now, so that's how they can track expected park activity.

You get a certain allotment based on things like day guest, AP level, on-site level "included". Once you use them, they are done. Everything else is a paid add-on.

This way everyone gets something "for free" and if you want more, it will cost you.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Edited

Could be like Shanghai. About $18 USD for a single FP or around $101 for one FP for each FP attraction which can be used any time. Though Shanghai still offers a free option.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
As an annual pass holder, Iā€™m just against anything thatā€™s going to cost $100+ extra anytime I go in order to have a handful of rides that donā€™t take an hour in line. Iā€™d probably drop it and just go once every couple of years if they do that.

JakeAZ

As an annual pass holder, Iā€™m just against anything thatā€™s going to cost $100+ extra anytime I go in order to have a handful of rides that donā€™t take an hour in line. Iā€™d probably drop it and just go once every couple of years if they do that.
Universal doesn't leave their top tier AP holders in the dust...doubtful WDW would either.

Naplesgolfer

The bedrock problem Disney has, is not enough ride capacity for the number of guest they have in normal times. (2019) So whatever plan they come up with for Fastpass and standby will probably always be weak because of that flaw. They need more high capacity rides to soak up the people. Disney in the last decade or so has not net added many rides. We have a few net new Attractions coming on in the next two years but that is up against again 15 years of increasing attendance. They are just way behind the curve. I love the place but this a problem.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't disagree but I would argue that is more of an implementation issue than the system itself. With luck they have learned from this and if they bring it back it will be better for it.

Totally agree...

Except of principle point that they allowed comfortable ride capacity to fall below aggregate crowds and itā€™s a math problem...no way to ā€œ ITā€ your way out of it.

Universal doesn't leave their top tier AP holders in the dust...doubtful WDW would either.
Thatā€™s as risky a stance as youā€™ll ever get here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The bedrock problem Disney has, is not enough ride capacity for the number of guest they have in normal times. (2019) So whatever plan they come up with for Fastpass and standby will probably always be weak because of that flaw. They need more high capacity rides to soak up the people. Disney in the last decade or so has not net added many rides. We have a few net new Attractions coming on in the next two years but that is up against again 15 years of increasing attendance. They are just way behind the curve. I love the place but this a problem.
...Iā€™m gonna make you my prophet...

Your name should be ā€œMeccaGolferā€

doctornick

Right. And that's where decision like cancelling the Main Street Theater or replacing rides (like SWSA, GMR or UoE) rather than building new really has hurt. Especially in WDW where they have the "blessing of size" and virtually no real reason to ever have to replace instead of add.

At least Tron and Ratatouille are legit expansions, but much more is needed.

TTA94

I donā€™t know about anyone else but whatever it is WDW has planned for a new system for FP, reservations, ticketed events, seasonal events, whatever is giving me major anxiety for launch date lol. In particular due to the 50th launch in October. Million dollar question when this all will get announced and if everything will drop at once or spaced out.

Ladyderks

I donā€™t know about anyone else but whatever it is WDW has planned for a new system for FP, reservations, ticketed events, seasonal events, whatever is giving me major anxiety for launch date lol. In particular due to the 50th launch in October. Million dollar question when this all will get announced and if everything will drop at once or spaced out.
Iā€™m wondering the same. We will be there the week before the 50th, and I just want to know when this all will launch, and what exactly it will look like.

Purduevian

Thatā€™s too many different ā€œsystemsā€ at once.
This is Disney, have you seen what it takes to get a boarding group? Complication is the name of the game. Also 3 systems is the same as USO: Free, Express, and Unlimited
Cedar Point also has Free, Fast lane, and Fastlane Plus
Six Flags has 4: Free, Flash Pass Regular, Gold, and Platinum

I'm suggesting for Disney: Free, Packaged Group, and Unlimited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom