Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

olie64

The most obvious is a "Smuggler's Treasure" upgrade to a Hollywood Studios admission. $50 and it comes with FPs for the SW: GE attractions plus a Chewbacca meet-and-greet.

I could see them selling package deal for those who do not want to do it the old way. Say one could be like fantasy land you get Little Mermaid, Dumbo and the Mine Train. Or somethign along that lines. or a like Mountain one at Magic Kingdom.

ToTBellHop

Paying more for more FPs has been in discussion for years, either by tiering resorts or adding an up charge. It may be that SWL pushes Disney over the edge.

May would be an odd choice, though. Summer 2019 should be quite soft. But maybe they want to work out the kinks before December.

ToTBellHop

I could see them selling package deal for those who do not want to do it the old way. Say one could be like fantasy land you get Little Mermaid, Dumbo and the Mine Train. Or somethign along that lines. or a like Mountain one at Magic Kingdom.

They already literally tried that out. Variety of pre-packaged 3-packs. I don’t know if it’s still done as the rides chosen largely sucked.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
No you're not.

The rumor is "Disney might start charging for some kind of upgraded FastPass system." That's a rumor worth discussing. It's not the same thing as saying "WDW might implement MaxPass."

That's fine. It's still not MaxPass.

Call it what you will, it would be a direct direvitive of the MaxPass construct. Verbiage on a thread post to make it sound more vague isn't needed.

ego831

If FastPass goes to paid - yes the Fastpass lines will be shorter - but I havent usually found the FP lines to be an issue or THAT long.

But the regular lines will EXPLODE as all the people that used to use the free FP and dont want to pay go to to the regular lines.

I would prefer the ability to buy ADDITIONAL Fastpasses....but needs to be expensive enough that the FP lines don't get longer to your original point.

There's an odd request: Disney please make something MORE expensive!

brettf22

Premium Member
No it wouldn't! MaxPass is just booking FastPasses on your phone. MDX literally already does that.
Well, as you know, MaxPass is not the same as MDX in that it is not pre-planned, pick-your-time FastPasses. Could they be implementing a MaxPass-like system in addition to FP+, where they split FPs into two pots? A pre-planned pot (FP+) and a day of pot (MaxPass). If you want to plan ahead and choose your times, you get FP+, which is included with your ticket. If not, you could purchase MaxPass, which allows access only day-of/in-park, without the ability to pick times for FPs. Could solve some complaints about spontaneity while maintaining the pre-planning for those that want to.

Of course, this could make FP availability worse, since they would have to split them in to two pots. But it would follow the recent trend of Disney attempting to solve a problem by implementing a monetized solution.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I hope fastpass goes to paid only. It will make lines a lot shorter as less people will use FP and those that want to use it can pay.
No. It wouldn't. If there are 100 people in line, it doesn't matter (on average) how they're distributed between FP and standby. With zero (or reduced) FP, standby lines would move faster but there'd be proportionally more people in them.

TTA94

The only way buying FPs will be a good thing is if it’s a garenteed thing that you can get any FPs for any attraction, if all the free ones are taken, as long as you pay the price.

The problem is if they don’t charge enough the majority of guests will gladly pay the extra cost resulting in the paid FPs selling out as well as the free FPs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom