Vera Bradley

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
how do they hold up to wear and tear? I've never bought a "cloth" bag and I'm not going to spend the $$$ on a Dooney...
I use my wristlet, about the size of an iPhone, inch thick every day and they last about 9 months. It holds cash credit cards, change and my phone. No need for a purse. They run about $30-$35 and last me about 9 months.
Then they get dirty and the wristlets start to wear at the corners and I buy a new one.

My DD has many styles and she has yet to wear one out. Scotch Guard helps. My sister travels about 2x a month and has all the luggage. Last set lasted almost 10 years. She every once in a while has the luggage dry cleaned.

I'm a fan.

Ariel484

how do they hold up to wear and tear? I've never bought a "cloth" bag and I'm not going to spend the $$$ on a Dooney...
I have a hipster that I use as my everyday purse (a crossbody bag) and it's starting to wear on the corners. When i was younger i had a wallet that started to rip around the edges. They definitely don't last forever. The Dooneys may be lots more money but they hold up a lot better, IMO. Having said that I definitely see a Mickey pattern hipster in my future...:D

mergatroid

Wow just seen this thread, thanks for the heads up! My wife absolutely loves Vera Bradley bags. Every year we visit Orlando and every year she has to visit both the shops that sell Vera Bradley stuff in City Walk and the Premium Outlet Mall (which unfortunately means I have to also :mad:).

Is there any way we can avoid seeing these Vera Bradley bags for sale in Disney whilst spending three weeks there? It's bad enough the amount of my money she spends on normal Vera Bradleys, but the thought of how much more they'll cost me with Mickeys face on them is enough to put me in a very early grave :arghh:

6laurac

I've never had a VB bag. I was planning on treating myself to a Disney Dooney this upcoming trip, but we'll be there on Sept 21st...so maybe I'll also look into the VBs.
They are light and washable. I was indoctrinated on my last Disney trip and have a huge bag collection that has since sat in my closet. Plus they are like potato chips, I started with one hipster and now have five VBs since May and they are much cheaper than Dooney

HouCuseChickie

They are light and washable. I was indoctrinated on my last Disney trip and have a huge bag collection that has since sat in my closet. Plus they are like potato chips, I started with one hipster and now have five VBs since May and they are much cheaper than Dooney

This could be very dangerous!!! In a good way of course ;)

6laurac

Prices were posted recently for anyone interested for the Vera Bradley line up at WD...I was interested since they are about $10 higher than the normal VB stuff.

From Steve Miller at Disney (Merchandise Communications Manager)
Backpack – $99.00
- Cosmetic Case – $35.00
- Duffle – $99.00
- Hipster – $70.00
- ID Case – $15.00
- Mini-Hipster – $60.00
- Smart Phone Wristlet – $55.00
- Tote – $99.00

Ariel484

@6laurac - thanks for posting the prices. I'm disappointed that they are priced a little higher than non-Disney VB prints. :( I'll still get something though! :D

taz0162

Ordered my wife the Just Mousing Around Zip ID Case and matching Vera Bag. lucked out with her B-Day being this weekend. If not received by then she will still be excited.

kfergdisney

I am going to TRY to hold out buying one until my trip in December. Hoping the "Where's Mickey" will be out in the parks then. Love that one! Would be nice if they added more styles, but I'm glad they made the ones they did!

TheMouseFan

My concern with ordering one is the pattern placement. How much would it stink to get one without Mickey and/or Minnie on the front!?! I want to order a hipster so badly so I have it for my November trip, but I think I'm going to wait so I can make sure I like the pattern placement. I wonder if they would let you exchange it at WOD if you didn't like the pattern placement you got through disneystore.com?

Edit: I contacted customer service and you cannot return/exchange them in the parks. They have to be sent back to disneystore.com.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom