Vegetarian dining at WDW

kennedy

I've been a vegetarian for my last three trips to WDW, and have done pretty well there in terms of eating. Where have other vegetarians had good (or bad) experiences for dining? (Note: no, I don't eat seafood either. I'll just cut that one off at the pass. . . ) Any recommendations for all meals would be appreciated.

Also, we're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, if anyone has recommendations there.

Erika

But you eat chicken, right? :lol: (I get that all the time)

The San Angel Inn (Mexico) has a veggie plate to die for- cheese enchilada (no good if you're vegan though) and black bean burrito. It's soooooooooo good :slurp:

I have to say I have really never encountered any problems finding vegetarian meals at WDW. They are really good about that. Do you have a recommendation of your own?

Upvote 0

frozenjill

We are not vegetarian, but enjoy many vegetarian dishes. We were just at WDW and I checked out the menus at many of the restaurants and all the vegetarian dishes sounded awesome. Spoodles at the Boardwalk had a nice sounding eggplant dish. Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club had a good Veggie burger (my son prefers them). All the Epcot restaurants especially the Land have great sounding vegetarian food.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
On one of our trips, almost all of the vegetarian dishes involved tofu...with varying degrees of success. There was a coconut dipped dish at the Brown Derby which was delicious, and one at Mara (AKL) which was inedible; it may have been the worst thing I've ever tasted, with a texture to match. Ugh.

My daughter had a vegetarian chili at the Harbor House (Liberty Square in MK) which was pretty tasty.

The last time we ate at Spoodles (on the Boardwalk) they had many attractive vegetarian offerings; I ended up sharing appetizers with my daughter.

Upvote 0

WDW David

Banned
My sister is also a vegetarian and has no problems eating anywhere. In Epcot you can find a vegetarin dish in every country, as well as Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

kal1484

If you go to Border's, I remember a book about eating veggie at Disney. You might wanna get that book, if I remember right, it was pretty big.

Upvote 0

kennedy

Original Poster
Originally posted by kennedy
I've been a vegetarian for my last three trips to WDW, and have done pretty well there in terms of eating. Where have other vegetarians had good (or bad) experiences for dining? (Note: no, I don't eat seafood either. I'll just cut that one off at the pass. . . ) Any recommendations for all meals would be appreciated.

Also, we're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, if anyone has recommendations there.

I do get that all the time about chicken! Funny! I do have a recomendation that stands out--the vegetarian entree at Jiko for dinner. It was a stuffed vegetable and rice entree that was wonderful.

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

I'm a part-time vegetarian (better not to ask :lol: ) and I've had a lot of great meals there during my vegetarian visits. Epcot is packed with great food....the lasagna and tortilla wrap at the Land stand out in my mind. My favorite veg. meal ever was at the American Adventure. I had avoided eating there on all my trips because I didn't want American food that I could get everywhere when there were so many other options, but on this particular trip I was near it and hungry and figured they'd have a basic veggie patty (though honestly I'm not impressed with the taste of Disney's meatless hamburgers). I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had a portobello mushroom sandwich that was incredible! Not only was the sandwich yummy (esp. with the provolone I asked them to melt onto it) but they served it with tiny sweet grapes instead of fries. I was so disappointed the next time I went...I couldn't wait to get to AA and order it again, but it had been replaced with a plain soyburger. :(

I find the least options at MGM. There's a veggie burger at Rosie's, there's a tortilla thing at ABC comm., and a PB&J over by the HISTK playset. (I won't eat the pizzas.) When I visit MGM in vegetarian mode I usually just get a potato from Toluca Legs.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Re: Re: Vegetarian dining at WDW

Originally posted by kennedy
I do get that all the time about chicken! Funny! I do have a recomendation that stands out--the vegetarian entree at Jiko for dinner. It was a stuffed vegetable and rice entree that was wonderful.

I am vegetarian and have had no problems at all eating down at Disney anywhere. I typically look at the wdwig.com site (menu section) to see what the selections are before I go. If I don't see something that I would like, I just call ahead. I have found that the Brown Derby is one of my favorite places to eat. If they don't have something appealing, they make it up for me. They pretty much do that anywhere I have been. I am going to V&A on my next trip and have already spoken to the chef there...I will definitely post how the selection was there. Has anyone else eaten as a vegetarian at V&A? I am wondering how that will work. I have done the dinner shows and had wonderful success...so I am sure I won't be disappointed. :slurp:

Kennedy...I like Jiko's vegetarian food also. The soup (I think it was squash with seeds in it???) was fantastic. Jiko, along with Boma's, are two of my favorite places to eat now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom