Value Seasons

wannabeBelle

marush43 said:
When are these value seasons that I keep hearing about? Are these the best times to go? Are they really crowded?
Value Seasons represent times during the year that are traditionally a slower period for attendence. Room rates at the Disney hotesl are at their lowest during these times so between the two if your schedule permits, Id say to go then!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Nicole

One of my favorite resources for figuring out the various rates and seasons at WDW is mousesavers.com. They have charts of when the seasons begin and end at each resort (sometimes apparently it varies) and what the rack rates are.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

While value seasons are great for repeat visitors to get in some less crowded park time at much lower prices there are other factors to consider, especially if yours is a once in a lifetime trip. The downside to value season is reduced park hours, reduced entertainment schedules (for example fireworks only on weekends) and the greater liklihood of major attractions being down for refurbishment. Plus it can be fun to be at the parks when they're bustling. Then you really get that on-vacation feel. However, avoid the really busy times like Christmas and Easter - where bustling can make for great atmosphere you don't want to be spending hours waiting in lines and and trying to fight your through the crowds.

Upvote 0

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
PamelaNiebergal said:
The downside to value season is reduced park hours, reduced entertainment schedules (for example fireworks only on weekends) and the greater liklihood of major attractions being down for refurbishment. .

Fireworks only on weekends??? That's not true. I went in the "value" season two different times and there were fireworks offered every night...

Upvote 0

Nemo14

ksccar said:
Fireworks only on weekends??? That's not true. I went in the "value" season two different times and there were fireworks offered every night...
Fireworks are generally every night, but SpectroMagic is sometimes only a weekend show.

Upvote 0

timkelmom

IMO value season is the least crowded. Yes, you will find shorter hours and some limitations, but with fewer people and shorter lines you will have plenty of time to do it all. Plus we have had the best character interaction during these times because there is not an enormous line behind you.

Value season in 2005 was:

1/1 to 2/16, 8/28 to 10/04, 11/27 to 12/19 for all value amd moderate resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Fort Wilderness Cabins.

1/1 to 2/16, 8/7 to 11/17 for campground.

1/1 to 2/16, 7/5 to 10/4, and 11/27 to 12/19 for all other properties.

(compliments of Birnbaum's guide).

hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom